Here in Georgia…
– Mike Klein reports that the criminal justice reform legislation should be filed this week.
– Gas prices continue to rise.
– Cobb is weighing a smoking ban in county parks.
– AFP Georgia rolled out a list of legislation they’re backing this year. You can read about the bills here.
– Andre Walker has the latest early voting numbers for Georgia’s presidential preference primary.
National stories of interest…
– New papers show that Newt Gingrich was critical of Reagan and not all that big a fan of limited government.
– Here’s a look at the latest fundraising numbers in the GOP race.
– Rick Santorum has a libertarian problem.
– A new Gallup poll shows that Republicans are against the idea of a brokered convention.
– Japan has suddenly found itself in a debt crisis.
– On the same subject, The Economist weighs whether the United States will default on its debt.
– Veronique de Rugy warns that military spending continues to be a drag on the budget.
– Here’s a great writeup on a debate over libertarianism between Ann Coulter and Nick Gillespie.
– Nearly half of Americans don’t pay income taxes.
– Steve Chapman explains why China-bashing is pointless.
– Recent rhetoric aside, Rick Santorum has forced taxpayers, through his votes in the Senate, to pay for contraceptives.
– I’m actually looking forward to reading former Sen. Russ Feingold’s new book.
A few that I like…
– Immigration does not have an impact on jobs.
– It’s looking like an “above-normal” year for tornadoes.
– Learn the truth about cat allergies, something I suffer from (thanks to my wife).
– Seth Emerson weighs possible position switches on the Georgia football team.