Here in Georgia…
- Mike Klein reports that the criminal justice reform legislation should be filed this week.
- Gas prices continue to rise.
- Cobb is weighing a smoking ban in county parks.
- AFP Georgia rolled out a list of legislation they’re backing this year. You can read about the bills here.
- Andre Walker has the latest early voting numbers for Georgia’s presidential preference primary.
National stories of interest…
- New papers show that Newt Gingrich was critical of Reagan and not all that big a fan of limited government.
- Here’s a look at the latest fundraising numbers in the GOP race.
- Rick Santorum has a libertarian problem.
- A new Gallup poll shows that Republicans are against the idea of a brokered convention.
- Japan has suddenly found itself in a debt crisis.
- On the same subject, The Economist weighs whether the United States will default on its debt.
- Veronique de Rugy warns that military spending continues to be a drag on the budget.
- Here’s a great writeup on a debate over libertarianism between Ann Coulter and Nick Gillespie.
- Nearly half of Americans don’t pay income taxes.
- Steve Chapman explains why China-bashing is pointless.
- Recent rhetoric aside, Rick Santorum has forced taxpayers, through his votes in the Senate, to pay for contraceptives.
- I’m actually looking forward to reading former Sen. Russ Feingold’s new book.
A few that I like…
- Immigration does not have an impact on jobs.
- It’s looking like an “above-normal” year for tornadoes.
- Learn the truth about cat allergies, something I suffer from (thanks to my wife).
- Seth Emerson weighs possible position switches on the Georgia football team.