Here in Georgia…
– The Georgia Chamber of Commerce has filed a brief in the upcoming SCOTUS case challenging ObamaCare.
– Here’s a tip: If you’re running from the law, don’t call the cops for anything.
– Herman Cain turned down an offer to appear on Dancing with the Stars.
– The Georgia Tea Party is urging Gov. Deal to get behind the repeal of the TSPLOST.
– State Rep. BJ Pak has filed “Caylee’s Law,” in honor of Caylee Anthony.
– Mitt Romney’s campaign has rolled out several endorsements from Georgia.
– Joanie Scott reports that Henry County Manager Butch Sanders has resigned, but it appears there is more to the story than is being told.
National stories of interest…
– Here are the numbers on President Obama’s budget proposal.
– The AP fact checks Obama on the budget. This is a good read.
– This is a good example of why conservatives don’t trust Mitt Romney.
– The GOP-backed Highway bill would bankrupt the federal highway trust fund.
– One Tea Party leader says the movement isn’t happy with the choices for president.
– Sigh. A Mississippi lawmaker wants to change the name of the Gulf of Mexico to the “Gulf of America.”
– Spending won’t fix infrastructure problems in the US.
– Chris Christie insists that there will not be a brokered GOP convention.
– Mark Levin, the
establishment conservative bag of hot air talk show host, wants Articles of Impeachment filed against DHHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
– Dan Ikenson argues that a trade war with China is bad for everyone.
– A preschooler in North Carolina was forced to eat a school food because the lunch her mother made her wasn’t up to U.S.D.A. standards. Seriously?
– According to UK-based scientists, the Earth hasn’t warmed in 15 years.
– Dave Weigel argues that Super PACS are good for democracy.
– Ayn Rand was an illegal immigrant.
A few that I like…
– Riley Breckenridge, drummer of the band Thrice, has some random thoughts about the Grammys.
– Here are four things about George Lucas that Star Wars fans have to accept.
– Who has the best starting rotation in baseball? The Braves are on the list, but not in the top 5.
– While at ESPN HQ filming a commercial, Matt Stafford spent some time throwing the pigskin to network employees.