Pic of What’s Wrong At The PSC:

February 6, 2012 14:41 pm

by Mike Hassinger · 22 comments

Commissioner Lauren “Bubba” McDonald’s name is not on the PSC letterhead. Jim Galloway has it all summed up:

Galloway describes it as evidence of a “…rift between Tim Echols, chairman of the state Public Service Commission, and Lauren “Bubba” McDonald, who also sits on the panel.” Commissioner McDonald doesn’t want his name associated with Echols’ name. Some say this is kind of petty, others admire McDonald for taking a “principled” stand. Principled or petty, this is going to make the PSC fun to watch.

Calypso February 6, 2012 at 3:16 pm

“…this is going to make the PSC fun to watch.”

Yeah, but it sure is a good thing these bozos don’t hold any sway over things that effect our lives or livelihood…

ckingtruth February 6, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Please tell me that was tongue in cheek. These guys impact the lives of almost every Georgia who use electricity, natural gas or telephones.

Calypso February 6, 2012 at 3:49 pm

If you’re directing your comment toward me, yes I was being facetious.

drjay February 6, 2012 at 3:40 pm

wow, that may be one of the silliest, pettiest and most childish things i have ever seen from an elected official…of course most of the huddled masses will never know about it, because they are not aware of the fact we have a psc, much less who serves on it…

Dave Bearse February 6, 2012 at 10:55 pm

The second sentence made me LOL.

ckingtruth February 6, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Bubba acts like someone will really be paying attention to the fact that his name isn’t on the letterhead. I’m sure they won’t. And probably no one would if it hadn’t shown up online. I’m sure he has done so many good and noble things for the citizens of this state that he has the backing for such righteous indignation, just ask Georgia Power and Atlanta Gas Light.

Three Jack February 6, 2012 at 4:06 pm

How about we just take all the names off the letterhead and replace this agency with a private sector alternative lead by actual adults.

ricstewart February 6, 2012 at 4:16 pm

My grandmother always told me, “You can be anything you want, just as long as you’re not tacky. I don’t care if you’re a ditch digger, a lawyer, a Methodist, a homosexual, or even a Democrat… just as long as you’re not tacky.”

Bubba McDonald is tacky.

Bridget February 6, 2012 at 4:32 pm

^^ Let this person start posting here :) You need a Cobb poster, I follow the energy market for a living…and I posted this over three weeks ago. (I know, I know – holding pattern. Sigh.)

Todd Rehm February 6, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Please don’t start the “Cobb needs a front-page poster” meme or points will be deducted.

Bridget February 6, 2012 at 5:09 pm

I assume the female conservative card is frowned upon also? How about the blonde card? I’m almost positive this site lacks a blonde front page poster.

Diversity – it’s the Republican thing to do ;)

Todd Rehm February 6, 2012 at 5:53 pm

PEACH PUNDIT DOES NOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS OR SHAKEDOWN ARTISTS!

Nathan February 6, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Unless you’ve had enough cold beers.

Bridget February 6, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I realize this comment is late and you may not be able to accommodate my request.

I am writing to ask if you might have complimentary front page posting privileges. As a new blogger, I would welcome the opportunity to post pertinent news to constituents of this state and readers of this website.

I regulate trends, gossip, and whisper campaigns.

Thanks for your consideration,

Bridget Cantrell

saltycracker February 6, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Bridget,

…open threads are opportunities to advance from opine layperson to front page deacon to editor ordination to canonization….

but be careful, laypersons can be censored and excommunicated…..

oh yeah, beer is the holy water…

Bridget February 6, 2012 at 9:48 pm
John Konop February 6, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I vote for Bridget having front page rights. But that and a cup of coffee will get you………….

David C February 6, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Why not just replace it with the Southern Company letterhead PSC memos are originally written on? Might save us all some paper.

Dave Bearse February 6, 2012 at 10:56 pm

You made me laugh louder and longer than I did for drjay’s comment above!

saltycracker February 6, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Bubba is not helping his cause of nuclear power for the masses by childish actions to keep his name away from some of the public.

There are no cheap options for Georgia electrical needs. Clean (carbon capture) coal plants are expensive too. Solar, wind power and other alternatives require a lot of space or resources for a fraction of what we’ll need IF growth is an agenda item. All have environmental, ecological and aesthetic impacts.

Our local water & sewer companies, gas companies and school boards provide value/cost poorly for services rendered when compared to electricity suppliers.

Jeff Yoder February 7, 2012 at 8:21 am

Having lived in the 3rd world state of Georgia and now Arlington VA, I can’t help but notice that Georgia’s PSC is a rubber stamp for Georgia Power and the other Public utilities. Virginia and Maryland’s PSC reveiw the studies and analysis before coming to conclusions regarding rate payers and utilities which is the opposite for Georgians! Maryland’s PEPCO has been fined numerous times for transgressions that Georgia Power gets away with and the rate payers are the loosers. Energy cost here are 4% cheaper than Georgia and the salaries are significantly higher with less unemployement. Best decision of my life was leaving the GOP dominated 3rd world state of Georgia!

Calypso February 7, 2012 at 9:18 am

We’re also glad you left.

Comments on this entry are closed.