Here in Georgia…
– Get ready for more bad weather today.
– Chief Justice Carol Hunstein is joining the calls for criminal justice reform.
– According to the Tax Foundation, Georgia is ranked 34th in the nation in business tax policy.
– Rep. Ed Setler (R-Marietta) says the TSPLOST has “fatal flaws.”
– The South Carolina legislature is pushing to kill dredging of the Savannah harbor.
– Sen. Jeff Mullis has put together legislation for regional transportation governance, but doesn’t have enough support to introduce it.
– Metro Atlanta’s unemployment rate rose slightly in December.
– House Democrats have unveiled their agenda for the 2012 session.
National stories of interest…
– A new CNN poll shows a close race in Florida.
– The US may be expanding its military presence in the Philippines.
– Fidel Castro says the GOP race is “the greatest competition of idiocy and ignorance that has ever been.”
– Rep. Paul Ryan is getting up his hopes for a deficit deal by 2013.
– Do you have question about President Obama’s mortgage refinance proposal? The Wall Street Journal has some answers.
– Michele Bachmann is running for re-election.
– After his SOTU speech, the RNC put out this very good ad hitting Obama for his lack of new ideas.
– The Heritage Foundation sets the record straight on some of the trade policy points made by Obama on Tuesday.
A few that I like…
– On April 12th, the Foundation for Economic Education will host John Stossel in Atlanta.
– Monica Perez will be back on the air this Saturday. Tune in on WSB at 10pm to listen.
– The Atlanta Braves will wear a new throwback this year (because I haven’t wasted enough of my money on buying throwback jerseys).