We have noted in a couple places today where members of Georgia’s congressional delegation stand on piracy legislation currently in the Congress (SOPA in the House, PIPA in the Senate). I spent a few minutes going through members Facebook and Twitter feeds for statements on this issue, below is what I’ve been able to find.
– Sen. Saxby Chambliss: Opposes (previously supported, still listed as a co-sponsor of PIPA)
– Sen. Johnny Isakson: Supports (co-sponsor of PIPA)
– Rep. John Barrow: Supports (co-sponsor of SOPA)
– Rep. Sanford Bishop: ???
– Rep. Paul Broun: Opposes
– Rep. Phil Gingrey: Unclear
– Rep. Tom Graves: Opposes
– Rep. Hank Johnson: Opposes
– Rep. Jack Kingston: Opposes
– Rep. John Lewis: Opposes
– Rep. Tom Price: Unclear
– Rep. Austin Scott: Opposes
– Rep. David Scott: Opposes
– Rep. Lynn Westmoreland: Opposes
– Rep. Rob Woodall: Opposes
I’ll continue to update this as members put out statements, either on their websites or social media platforms. If you know of a position above to be incorrect, please let me know in the comments.