Jason Pye is on vacation. Don’t bother him.
Here in Georgia:
- Check out the comments on the latest Creative Loafing article on the Atlanta Airport concessions.
- Deloitte MD Ed Heys is the new chair of the Georgia Chamber of Commerce; he will be implementing a second Georgia Initiative campaign.
- In its latest Beige Book, the Atlanta Fed points out that “reports from most sectors were positive, yet expectations remained guarded.”
- Republican State Senator Josh McKoon of Columbus introduced legislation to prohibit scrap metal recyclers from paying cash for copper. Is this an undue burden on small business owners?
- Sorry, Charlie. Governor Deal has allotted $15M in bond funding to purchase land for a new Atlanta Falcons stadium. GWCC officials are looking at land owned by the Atlanta Housing Authority.
National stories of interest:
- Steve Ratter, former Obama adviser says, “I’m all in favor of piling on Mitt Romney… but not for Bain.”
- New Hampshire, 2012 vs. 2008: Romney gained about 5 percentage points in every town.
- Oh boy. Two U.S. aircraft carriers, U.S.S. Carl Vinson and U.S.S. Stennis are near Iran with a third carrier, the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln in route.
- The RNC named Bettina Inclan to serve as its Hispanic Outreach Director.
Links I like:
- Infographic on Facebook possible IPO: If Facebook raises $100 billion, Zuckerburg would rake in $25 billion.
- Speaking of technology, the new documentary Ctrl+Alt+Compete peers into startup culture.
- 2012 version of Cliff Notes: Cartoon on Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing.
- Photos: two years later, not much has changed in Haiti.