Happy Iowa Caucus Day!
Here in Georgia…
– Bundle up today, the wind chill is in single digits.
– With the new session just a week away, expect a renewed focus on tax reform.
– The session could also see a healthy debate on criminal justice reform.
– Newt Gingrich continues to runaway from his past views on global warming by killing a chapter on the issue in a new book.
National stories of interest…
– Even though many states, including Georgia, have outlawed payday lending, the service is growing online.
– Will 2012 bring another recession?
– George Will has a very optimistic outlook for 2012.
– Economist Dan Mitchell explains that Barack Obama’s tax policy has turned off the rest of the world.
– This is a little old, but the Tax Foundation noted in March that no other OCED country relies as much on higher income earners as the United States.
A few that I like…
– Some synced The Dark Knights rises trailer with The Lion King. Hilarious.
– Yesterday’s Georgia game was a good one, but we let that one slip by us.
– The New York Giants aren’t fans of the the Falcons.