“Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.” – Brooks Atkinson
Here in Georgia…
- Creative Loafing gives us a look at the players under the Gold Dome. Sorry, Buzz, you’re not on the list.
- Gov. Deal is facing criticism for an outgoing member of the DNR board.
- Atlanta police are working hard to ensure the safety of people attending the annual Peach Drop.
- Fulton County officials are floating the prospect of a “major” tax hike.
National stories of interest…
- BREAKING: Barack Obama is a liberal.
- Today doesn’t exist in Samoa.
- John Stossel explains that advocates of limited government have there work cut out for them in 2012.
- Tim Carney notes that conservatives too often confuse cronyism will capitalism.
- Karl Rove offers his predictions for the next year.
- Despite promises of spending cuts, voters aren’t expecting too much from either party.
- Despite Ron Paul doing well and Rick Santorum’s recent surge, Mitt Romney may well win the Iowa Caucus.
- Users of the popular site, Reddit, are targeting supporters of the Stop Online Privacy Act (SOPA).
- Voters still like capitalism more than socialism.
- Puerto Rico will vote on a referendum last next year that could change its political status.
- Froma Harrop explains how the middle class has hurt itself.
A few that I like…
- Here’s a look at how bad trade policies have affected how toy makers market their products.
- What restaurants are opening in Atlanta next year?
- Forbes looks at the best college football teams for the money.
- Can a Christian be a libertarian? In short, yes.