“Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.” – Brooks Atkinson
Here in Georgia…
– Creative Loafing gives us a look at the players under the Gold Dome. Sorry, Buzz, you’re not on the list.
– Gov. Deal is facing criticism for an outgoing member of the DNR board.
– Atlanta police are working hard to ensure the safety of people attending the annual Peach Drop.
– Fulton County officials are floating the prospect of a “major” tax hike.
National stories of interest…
– BREAKING: Barack Obama is a liberal.
– Today doesn’t exist in Samoa.
– John Stossel explains that advocates of limited government have there work cut out for them in 2012.
– Tim Carney notes that conservatives too often confuse cronyism will capitalism.
– Karl Rove offers his predictions for the next year.
– Despite promises of spending cuts, voters aren’t expecting too much from either party.
– Despite Ron Paul doing well and Rick Santorum’s recent surge, Mitt Romney may well win the Iowa Caucus.
– Users of the popular site, Reddit, are targeting supporters of the Stop Online Privacy Act (SOPA).
– Voters still like capitalism more than socialism.
– Puerto Rico will vote on a referendum last next year that could change its political status.
– Froma Harrop explains how the middle class has hurt itself.
A few that I like…
– Here’s a look at how bad trade policies have affected how toy makers market their products.
– What restaurants are opening in Atlanta next year?
– Forbes looks at the best college football teams for the money.
– Can a Christian be a libertarian? In short, yes.