“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice.” – T.S. Eliot
Here in Georgia…
– DeKalb County will allow probation officers in schools to watch law-breaking kids.
– Charles Edwards reports that the Georgia Legislative Black Caucus plans to fight the Department of Justice on the new legislative and congressional maps.
– Those of you that drive a golf cart will have tougher safety standards to follow at the beginning of the year.
– The AJC has a great story on Chick-fil-a, my favorite place to eat.
National stories of interest…
If you’re looking for good coverage of the Iowa caucus, check out IowaPolitics.com.
– Who are the richest members of Congress?
– Could Mitt Romney win Iowa? It’s very possible.
– Get ready for yet another debt limit hike.
– Newt Gingrich said nice things about RomneyCare back in 2006. Gingrich says his opinion has changed, but he did express support for some form of an individual mandate as recently as a May of this year.
– While I’m not his biggest fan, Rick Santorum may surprise people next week.