Happy Festivus and Merry Christmas!
Here in Georgia…
- George Will really dislikes Newt Gingrich. Can’t say I blame him.
- Kyle Wingfield writes that the failure of the Fulton County school board to renew the charter of a successful school highlights the need to legislative action.
- Speaking of Fulton Science, the aforementioned charter school, a plea from some legislators on behalf of the school to Fulton County has been rejected.
- Kelly McCutchen of the Georgia Public Policy Foundation visited with Martha Zoller recently to discuss criminal justice reform.
National stories of interest…
- House Republicans finally reached a compromise yesterday with the White House and Senate Democrats to extend the payroll tax cut for another two months.
- Who is to blame for the GOP field? George W. Bush.
- John Papola, one of the guys behind EconStories, explains the failures of Keynesian economics.
- Stephen Colbert almost bought the naming rights to the South Carolina Republican Primary.
- Jim Pethokoukis recaps the worst economic ideas of 2011.
- The DNC has released a new ad praising Barack Obama for killing Osama bin Laden and knocking Mitt Romney for saying, “It’s not worth moving heaven and earth spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person.”
- George H.W. Bush is backing Mitt Romney.
- After failing to pass the misnamed “Employee Free Choice Act” (aka card-check), the National Labor Relation Board is looking to implement the rule through regulatory fiat.
- We’ve seen some good economic news lately, but economists are warning that it may be short-lived.
A few that I like…
- I really hope you didn’t order gifts from Best Buy.
- Here are the 10 best video games of 2011. I had one of them (Arkham City), but someone decided to take it and my PS3 off my hands.