“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.” – George Carlin
Here in Georgia…
– South Carolina has cut funding for a joint port project with Georgia.
– The Fulton County School Board opted not to the renew the charter of Fulton Science, a well respected charter school with some 500 students.
– The report documenting CRCT cheating in Dougherty County has been released. In all, 49 principles and teachers are implicated in the scandal.
– Don’t photoshop pictures of politicians in an unflattering manner.
National stories of interest…
– Ron Paul is the leader in Iowa.
– Charles Lane explains that Barack Obama has a “simplistic view” of income inequality. This one is really worth a read.
– An economic tale of two Koreas.
– Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) has put out a new report documenting $6.5 billion in wasteful spending.
– Politico reports that Gary Johnson will drop out of the race for the GOP nomination and make the switch to the Libertarian Party.
– Cuba is in mourning over the death of Kim Jong Il.
A few that I like…
– Say what you want about him, but Mark Richt is a really classy guy.
– In case you haven’t seen it, here is the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises. Peter Suderman notes that income inequality will be a theme of the film. Sigh.
– Here are the 10 best Ron Swanson tributes of 2011 (mind the language).
– CNet has the lists of the top 11 downloads of 2011.