Wonder how they slipped that one past the DMV

I will admit it was the silver Porsche Carrera 4S (actually the model referred to by Porschephiles as the 996 facelift) that caught my eye. But then I saw that license tag. Oh, my.

Here’s a closer look.

Vanity tags are issued by the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicles under rules that state:

(3)       The Commissioner or his/her designee shall review all applications for special prestige license plates to determine the propriety of the content requested.  The Department and/or county tag agent shall not issue a special prestige license plate the content of which is determined by the Commissioner or his/her designee to fall into any of the following categories:

A.   Contains language, a message or material considered to be obscene according to current community standards;….

D.   Contains language, a message or material using or implying the use of profanity;….

The Department or county tag agent shall recall and cancel any special prestige license plate that may later be determined to fall into any of the aforementioned categories.

Now I live in Metro Atlanta, and our community standards may differ from yours. I’d hate to cost this lady her distinctive vanity plate, but I’m frankly shocked that she slipped it past the DMV.

And if any of you are surprised that I’d be posting about Porsches on a website ostensibly devoted to Georgia politics and government, you haven’t been paying attention.

1. CobbGOPer says:

If you’re hanging around Buckhead all day come have a drink with me at Terminus for cryin’ out loud.

2. seenbetrdayz says:

Frankly, I think you should have your license plate recalled if you can actually figure this out.

It took me a good few minutes because I was hung up on the “mik”. I was trying to figure out what the guy had against the Irish.

Put up another one tomorrow morning after I’ve had two cups of coffee and haven’t been at work yet, and I’ll see if I can do better.

3. Rick Day says:

Thank you, Todd.

Yet another prime example of religious interference in a simple government function; when a universally used word like ‘orgasmic’ is considered too ‘obscene’ to be allowed because The Children Who Ask Awkward Questions™. may want to….have a discussion about the nature of sex, idk…

4. Toxic Avenger says:

I’m nearly positive it doesn’t mean what you think it means.

I’m betting it stands for “Four Gas Mike.” I have no idea what that means, but it seems more….

Oh screw it, it’s an orgasm joke.

5. saltycracker says:

maybe it is something else…..GA rep ?…….ZMIK is a Swiss office design business………..

reading sexual content into cloud formations is fun too…..

6. saltycracker says:

I heard Todd put on Craigslist that he was forming a return of the 911 club and 5,000 Muslim extremists replied.