Here in Georgia:
- Here’s a name you haven’t heard in a while. Linda Schrenko is suing the Justice Department for illegal garnishment of her monthly pension from her disgraced career as School Superintendent. Wonder who her attorney is? Former Rep. Bob Barr.
- Another very detailed tidbit from Atlanta Unfiltered. State Representative Rashad Taylor is behind on filing his campaign disclosure forms.
- We’re waiting on South Carolina to neutralize in-state political bickering to approve the deepening of the Savannah harbor.
- The redistricting of the Atlanta Public Schools already has already brought about petitions from concerned families.
- Cracked, stacked and packed: Black Democrats and redistricting.
National stories of interest:
- Ray Lahood loves the East Coast: a map of TIGER III grants awarded by the Department of Transportation.
- Author, pundit and Dubya supporter Christopher Hitchens died late last night from esophageal cancer. Rest in peace.
- Highlights from last night’s debate including what I believe to be the first Tim Tebow reference.
- Another Congressional Hail Mary attempt worked. It seems like a deal has been reached to avoid a government shutdown.
- Nikki Haley, the governor of South Carolina is expected to endorse Mitt Romney within a couple of hours.
Links I like:
- 11 must-have kitchen gadget gifts for the holiday season.
- Code for America (CfA) just received $1.5 million from Google. Never heard of CfA? They help bring local government into the 21st century by connecting technologists with city officials. Macon, GA is a 2012 partner.
- Because we all know driving a Bentley is so 2009. How Aston Martin built the One-77.
- Fight against SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) intensifying. Those opposed include Reps. Darrell Issa, Jared Polis, Michelle Bachmann and Zoe Lofgren.
- @humblebrag :one of the best Twitter accounts of the year. Here’s their retweet of Erick Erickson... “My wife points out I’ve worn makeup more than her this week thanks to TV. Sigh.” I’d go there but you make it too easy.