“Liberty is not a means to a higher political end. It is itself the highest political end.” – Lord John Acton
Here in Georgia …
– Ongoing Bibb-Monroe county line dispute leads to a restraining order. Good piece by Mike Stucka.
– The battered body of a missing seven year-old Canton girl has been found.
– Former managing attorney of personal injury law firm pleads guilty to taking $145,000 from firm.
– Former Peach County Assistant School Superintendent and son accused of selling a school bus for scrap metal.
– A bank for celebrities has announced an Atlanta branch. Insert your own joke.
– Atlanta gears up for snow and ice this winter. Mayor Reed states $1 million of equipment a good investment.
National stories of interest …
– TSA defends private screenings of two women over 80 years old; blames back braces and colostomy bags.
– Just as his new book premiers, Donald Trump blasts MSNBC host; suggests he tell the truth. All 71 viewers were amazed.
– US commits to another 12 years of financial aid to Afghanistan after Afghan
Crime Lord President Karzai says country might again fall into Taliban hands.
– Nancy Pelosi checks her broom and finds 13 year-old dirt on Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.
– Conservative former Governor and US Senator George Allen and Virginia Tea Party at odds.
A few that I like …
– Oldest living Negro Baseball League player discusses baseball and life: “We are blood brothers in God. Our tears are mixed together.”
– UGA Freshman Isaiah Crowell named SEC Freshman on the Year.
– New, Earth-like planet best candidate for life-bearing world.
– Russ, the underdog mascot for an underdog team, is a damned good dog. Here is his Cinderella story.
– Thousands of Russians protest Vladimir Putin as European election monitors declare voting was unfair and ballot boxes stuffed.