“Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” Calvin Coolidge
Here in Georgia…
– Gov. Deal will host the lighting of the state’s Christmas tree on Sunday. The event is open to the public.
– Grift isn’t a fan of Sen. John Albers bill that would require welfare recipients to volunteer for community service.
– Secretary of State Brian Kemp offers advice to those of us giving to charitable organizations this holiday season.
– In case you are having a difficult time understanding, The Atlantic provides us with The Herman Cain Glossary to help.
– Rep. Allen West thinks Cain should “move on.”
– Metro Atlanta salaries are rising.
National stories of interest…
– McDonald’s outsmarted San Francisco.
– Here are the 50 most influential pundits to follow during the next year.
– Remember that NATO airstrike in Pakistan over the weekend that killed some two dozen people? It turns out that Pakistan fired first.
– Ron Paul’s team put out a great ad on Newt Gingrich’s hypocrisy.
– Looks like Obama will receive a less than warm welcome from OWS.
A few that I like…
– Will the Braves resign Brian McCann?
– Georgia will not wear the hideous Nike Pro-Combat uniforms on Saturday.
– Speaking of the dogs, remember what happened the last time they met a higher ranked LSU team for the SEC Championship?