“The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.” – Milton Friedman
Here in Georgia…
– Our own Erick Erickson says Herman Cain’s campaign is over.
– The Selig Center at UGA forecasts high employment in the state during 2012.
– Atlanta home prices have fallen to another low.
National stories of interest…
– According to Gallup, Jimmy Carter polled higher than Barack Obama at this point in their presidencies.
– Cyber Monday sales jumped by 22% over last year.
– Jon Huntsman, who will be excluded from some coming debates due to low poll numbers, isn’t ruling out an independent bid.
– Looks like Henry Paulson, former Treasury Secretary, engaged in some insider trading as the government was bailing out GSE’s Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
– Harry Reid doesn’t seem to take the Gang of Six seriously.
– This is just another sign that we desperately need tax reform.
– It’s not a surprise, but the high price of oil is hurting our economic recovery.
– Reason recently interviewed Nobel Laureate Vernon Smith, who noted his transition from socialism to free markets.
– Stu Rothenberg channels Thomas Jefferson noting that Republicans have to decide between their head or heart.
– What did FDR know and when did he know it?
A few that I like…
– It’s looking good for the Falcons to get back into the playoffs.
– Comedian Patrice O’Neal has passed away.
– Despite recently agreeing to a new CBA, Major League Baseball could be next in line for a labor dispute.