“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.” – Thomas Jefferson
National stories of interest…
– The Senate may vote this week on a defense bill that would allow the United States government to indefinitely detain its own citizens.
– Want to know how Obama plans to win re-election? The Times has the details.
– Fans of CNBC’s Rick Santelli, whose famous rant sparked the tea party movement, want him to run for president. Too bad we’re past the deadlines to be on the ballot in early primary states.
– Lana Peters, the daughter of Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, died last week in Wisconsin.
– The DOJ recently seized another 130+ domain names suspected of selling counterfeit goods.
– Over at the National Review, Jim Geraghty floats the idea of Pat Toomey for Vice President.
– Fitch has downgraded our debt outlook to negative.
– Add Kuwait to the list of countries facing political turmoil.
– Barney Frank announced his long overdue retirement yesterday. He is the 17th House Democrat to announce plans to leave the Congress.
– The DNC rolled out a brutal new ad on Mitt Romney.
A few that I like…
– Tooting my own horn here for a second, I’ve now lost 120 pounds.
– Check out this tutorial on how to build relationships with reporters on Twitter.
– The next movie in the Dark Knight series will take place eight years after the end of the last.
– Mark Bradley explains why the BCS is bad for college football.