“Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.” – John F. Kennedy
Here in Georgia…
- You can now read Peach Pundit on your Kindle.
- Yes, Newt Gingrich, who George Will calls the “classic rental politician,” was a lobbyist.
- The last four polls in the GOP race for president show Gingrich with slight leads.
- BREAKING: Herman Cain doesn’t like Muslims.
- Coyotes are apparently rampant in Decatur.
National stories of interest…
- The Supercommittee was a super failure.
- The Mercatus Center warns at the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) will hurt the Internet as the government will be given the power to arbitrarily shutdown websites.
- Despite rumblings from Democrats that the House is in play next year, Sean Trende explains that accomplishing that feat will be quite a hurdle.
- Is Jon Huntsman worth a second look? Steve Chapman thinks so.
- According to Peter Schweizer, whose new book exposed insider trading in Congress, Warren Buffett receives insider information that may be beneficial to him.
- Donald Trump is still talking about a bid for president.
- Nick Gillespie gives us three reasons the feds shouldn’t bailout student loans.
- Chris Preble has some foreign policy-related questions he’d like the GOP candidates to answer at the next debate.
- Has Hezbollah outsmarted the CIA?
A few that I like…
- According to a recent study, half of Facebook users post political messages.
- Check out Mike Luckhovich’s tribute to Larry Munson.
- Georgia may wear those hideous all red uniforms in the SEC championship game.