“Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.” – John F. Kennedy
Here in Georgia…
– You can now read Peach Pundit on your Kindle.
– Yes, Newt Gingrich, who George Will calls the “classic rental politician,” was a lobbyist.
– The last four polls in the GOP race for president show Gingrich with slight leads.
– BREAKING: Herman Cain doesn’t like Muslims.
– Coyotes are apparently rampant in Decatur.
National stories of interest…
– The Supercommittee was a super failure.
– The Mercatus Center warns at the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) will hurt the Internet as the government will be given the power to arbitrarily shutdown websites.
– Despite rumblings from Democrats that the House is in play next year, Sean Trende explains that accomplishing that feat will be quite a hurdle.
– Is Jon Huntsman worth a second look? Steve Chapman thinks so.
– According to Peter Schweizer, whose new book exposed insider trading in Congress, Warren Buffett receives insider information that may be beneficial to him.
– Donald Trump is still talking about a bid for president.
– Nick Gillespie gives us three reasons the feds shouldn’t bailout student loans.
– Chris Preble has some foreign policy-related questions he’d like the GOP candidates to answer at the next debate.
– Has Hezbollah outsmarted the CIA?
A few that I like…
– According to a recent study, half of Facebook users post political messages.
– Check out Mike Luckhovich’s tribute to Larry Munson.
– Georgia may wear those hideous all red uniforms in the SEC championship game.