“We just stepped on their face with a hobnailed boot and broke their nose. We just crushed their face.” – Larry Munson
Here in Georgia…
- Secretary of State Brian Kemp is defending Georgia’s voter ID law against some national criticism.
- Critics of the new HOT lanes on I-85 continue to express their dissatisfaction. Sorry, but I just don’t get why they dislike these lanes, which have been very successful elsewhere.
- We now know why Herman Cain received Secret Service protection. To protect him from the media.
- The City of Atlanta is spending millions on settlements for everything from personal injury claims to damages related to sewer backups.
National stories of interest…
- Law enforcement arrested an al-Qaeda sympathizer suspected of planning a terrorist attack in New York City.
- National Debt: $15,000,000,000,000
- Peak coffee? PANIC!1!!
- Two Democratic pollsters have suggested that President Obama should not run for re-election.
- Charlie Cook doesn’t believe that 2012 will be a wave election because there has been too much exposure for both parties in Congress.
- After being raided twice by the feds, Gibson Guitars has hired several lobbyists to deal with the Congress.
- Here is a side-by-side comparison of the tax plans offered by the Republican candidates for president.
- How are the GOP candidates doing in terms of congressional endorsements? Roll Call has the list.