“Left-wing politicians take away your liberty in the name of children and of fighting poverty, while right-wing politicians do it in the name of family values and fighting drugs. Either way, government gets bigger and you become less free.” – Harry Browne
Here in Georgia…
– Eight Occupy Atlanta protesters were arrested yesterday for blocking traffic. Yeah, because that’s how you win people over.
– Herman Cain has received Secret Service protection due to safety concerns.
– Here is a handy guide for the start dates of Sunday alcohol sales.
– Jim Galloway reports that legislators, including Democrats, are not allowed to talk to the Department of Justice without Anne Lewis, who was tasked with overseeing redistricting.
National stories of interest…
– Communism is more popular than Congress.
– It’s almost like Mitt Romney wants conservatives to despise him.
– Despite being sponsored by Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT), the Tea Party Debt Commission was prevented by Senate Democrats from presenting their findings yesterday in the Russell Senate Office Building.
– Americans are fat and will only get fatter.
– Two pieces of legislation working their way through Congress, PROTECT IP Act and the Stop Online Piracy Act, pose significant threats to Internet freedom.
– The latest Rasmussen poll in Iowa shows Newt Gingrich with a 13 point lead over Mitt Romney.
– Ron Paul identifies ObamaCare as fascism.
– 275 protesters were arrested at Occupy Wall Street yesterday.