“Whatever crushes individuality is despotism, by whatever name it may be called and whether it professes to be enforcing the will of God or the injunctions of men.” – John Stuart Mill
Here in Georgia…
- Unemployment dropped slightly in Georgia last month to 10.2%.
- Sunday sales are a go this weekend in some cities, including Sandy Springs.
- State Sen. Frank Ginn (R-Danielsville) got into an argument with a panelist, who also happens to be an illegal immigrant, at a recent forum. Of course, he denies it.
- Herman Cain: “Who brought me the water that I did not get?”
- Here are 10 quotes that may come back to haunt Newt Gingrich.
- Fayette County may be the next Silicon Valley.
National stories of interest…
- Congress may soon make lying on the internet illegal. Don’t these guys have anything better to do?
- Speaking of Congress not having anything better to do, you can rest easily now; pizza is officially a vegetable.
- The Tea Party Debt Commission will release its report later today.
- Jacob Sullum explains that the Supreme Court upholding the individual mandate through the Commerce Clause will “encourage meddling” by Congress.
- Mitt Romney has a 10 point lead over Barack Obama in New Hampshire.
- Another poll shows that Occupy Wall Street is fading quickly in the view of the public. On 33% of Americans support their goals, while 45% oppose them.