“There never was a good war or a bad peace.” – Ben Franklin
Here in Georgia…
– Let the Pandering Begin: Prefiles are rolling in for the next legislative session, including a bill that would require “In God We Trust” on Georgia license plates.
– Lobbyists spent over $5,000 on a recent golf outing for Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle.
– After his most recent gaffe, Herman Cain is planning to make clear his views on foreign policy.
– Farmers and restaurants, industries that have been hit with labor shortages, continue to take issue with Georgia’s new anti-immigration law and calling for a guest-worker program.
National stories of interest…
– It’s now a four-way race in Iowa between Herman Cain, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, and Mitt Romney.
– The iPhone was mostly responsible for retail gains last month.
– Shikha Dalmia explains that restrictionist immigration laws are likely to hurt the economy.
– Newt Gingrich is no conservative, writes Gene Healy at the Washington Examiner.
A few that I like…
– Instead of taking on an American League team at Turner Field for their final Spring Training games, the Braves will this year play their AAA farm team at CoolRay Field in Gwinnett.
– According to a new study, Gamers have more grey matter in their brains, which is likely to cause addictive behavior.
– ICYMI: SNL spoofed Rick Perry’s recent gaffe last weekend.