Senator Renee Unterman endorses, defends Cain

Senator Renee Unterman (R-Buford) has endorsed Herman Cain for President:

I’ve known Herman Cain for a long time… I know his integrity, his characteristics, I think he would be a good person for Washington.

[The accusations] do not concern me….I have full confidence in Herman Cain and in his capabilities…

I really have confidence that Herman Cain can do the right thing for Washington, D.C. He’s proven that he’s a good business person and I think he will take those capabilities to Washington and I think that’s what we need right now.

She later posted on Facebook:

Mr. Cain’s bold “9-9-9 Plan” will get this economy going again and create the jobs that Americans, especially Georgians, are demanding. We need a man of Mr. Cain’s character and leadership abilities to get Washington out of the way of job creators so we can get people back to work and get this country out of its $15 trillion debt.

According to Blake Aued, Cain responded:

As the sole female Republican in the Georgia Senate, I am deeply honored to have Senator Unterman’s endorsement and thank her for her distinguished leadership in Georgia.

I’m pretty sure Cain is not the sole female Republican in the Georgia Senate, however.

When I spoke to Senator Unterman at the Capitol today, she told me had spoken to Cain and that he had denied the charges, and that she believes that operatives from both parties are trying to take Cain out of the race.

1. Toxic Avenger says:

I am glad to see her wearing something understated, today.

Kidding aside, the endorsement of a woman does not soon erase memories. Ms. Unterman may endorse who she pleases, but putting forward conspiracy theories to explain this– not going to fly.

• Todd Rehm says:

I wouldn’t characterize what she said as a conspiracy theory. People can be working independently toward the same goal, and I’d be more surprised if there weren’t some people in both parties working to put these stories out. I’m not passing judgment on the veracity of the claims –I don’t know enough to have an informed opinion– I’m passing judgment on the way in which these stories seem to have found their way to the media.

2. Dave Bearse says:

Good timing Renee—I hear people are now posting photos to Facebook of Cain with the woman didn’t remember meeting. You probably signed onto Mark Hatfield’s birther legislation too.

Not that Cain harrassed the woman, but it’s increasinlyg clear Cain is an Elmer Gantry that doesn’t seem to remember anything, a rich addition to the fact that he’s a self-proclaimed constitutionist that doesn’t know the difference between the Constitution and the Declaration of Indepedence, and is foreign affairs know-nothing.

• eschristian says:

Yeah because if you see it on the internet it must be true. What is Photoshop? Once I saw Obama in a Photoshop picture as an evil anti-Christ with flames coming from his head – but it was on the internet it has to be true!!!

Until tonight I have been undecided in who to vote for but after the debate tonight I would love to see a Cain-Gingrich or a Gingrich-Cain ticket. I don’t care which is POTUS and which is Veep candidates but have decided in my opinion this is the strongest best two candidates we have.

By the way check this out:

• Toxic Avenger says:

Andrew Breitbart said something? Man, he’s my favorite non-biased journalist. Everything he says must be true!

If you’re going to source something, at least make it a legitimate source.

• The Last Democrat in Georgia says:

Very good stuff, Harry….Further proof of Obama’s Chicago street-style of rough house political play.

A definite disciple of the Richard M. Daley School of Political Science and Chicago machine-style politics.

If the Repubs are to beat this guy they are going to have to roll up their sleeves and get down and extremely dirty because as the article demonstrates, there’s no smear or personal attack that the Obama machine will not stoop to to win.

3. Herb says:

Cain? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh God, I hope he’s nominated, ‘cos Obama/Sharpton’s gonna pitch an electoral shutout against Cain/Santorum.

4. ricstewart says:

Glad to see that Senator Unterman was able to wade through all those “foreign people” to get to the capitol.