“The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.” – Ayn Rand
Here in Georgia…
– State tax revenues are up over 5% over last year.
– While the next year’s TSPLOST is expected to struggle, educational SPLOSTs did well last night.
– Voters in most Metro Atlanta communities approved Sunday alcohol sales last night.
– The idiotic geriatric terrorists from North Georgia were destined to fail.
National stories of interest…
– Attorney General Eric Holder was grilled by Senate Republicans yesterday over Operation Fast and Furious.
– Democrats rejected a tax deal from Republicans, which would have included $300 billion in new revenues.
– Third party bids by Ron Paul and Michael Bloomberg could throw a wrench in the 2012 presidential election.
– Occupy Wall Street was less than cordial (*language warning*) to attendees of the Defending the American Dream Summit. Classy “Occupy San Diego” protestors also took it to those evil bourgeois street vendors by “splattering” blood and urine on them.
– Speaking of Occupy Wall Street, their poll numbers continue to fall.
– This is counterintuitive, but the push to get people to move their accounts to credit unions will probably help big banks.
– Regardless of how you feel about our foreign policy, the brave soldiers that have died in service deserve better treatment.
A few that I like…
– Thousands of people have signed a petition to keep Nickelback, the world’s worst band, from performing at halftime in Detroit on Thanksgiving Day.
– This was a complaint I had about The Walking Dead last season. Despite a good start for this season, it appears to be slipping back into being boring.
– Isaiah Crowell, Georgia’s freshman running back, has apologized for his recent behavior.