Commies camping in downtown park

October 9, 2011 13:04 pm

by Todd Rehm · 45 comments

Comrade needs a cheeseburger and some sun.

Not satisfied by embarrassing themselves by dismissing Congressman John Lewis, one of the few surviving maestros of civil disobedience in this country, OccupyAtlanta is setting up a commune tent city in downtown’s Woodruff Park.

On Friday, several hundred members rallied in the park to protest corporate greed and the war in Afghanistan. Early Saturday, a few dozen loitered milled about the park enjoying the warm sunshine and cups of coffee….

[Some random Commie] said Atlanta police initially told the protesters to stay on the sidewalks but later allowed them to set up a dozen or so tents in Woodruff Park in downtown Atlanta.

“They said we could as long as we behaved ourselves,” she added.

When asked how long the Occupy group planned to stay there, Rob Call of Snellville answered, “As long as possible. It’s very collaborative.”

Vincent Castillenti acknowledged the group does not have formal demands and also has no true leader.

No kidding.

On Friday I told Twitter that “The average suburban cub scout troop or brownies could out-organize the well-meaning simpletons of #occupyATL.”

I was kidding at the time, but I’ve been proven correct.

From: pumpkin30303 <REDACTED TO PROTECT THE STUPID>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2011 9:38 PM
Subject: [Freecycle-ATL-ITP] WANTED: tarps and/or tents, blankets for the Occupy Atlanta movement

There are a bunch of people camped out at Woodruff Park for this demonstration for “the 99%” petitioning for fair taxes, more jobs, equal access, etc. They need tents and tarps and warm covers for the coming colder weather, anything would be appreciated! Nothing will go to waste, in the unlikely event something is not needed it will be donated to the homeless.  Thanks in advance – melissa

So you college-educated geniuses decided to go urban camping in downtown Atlanta without tents, tarps and warm cover? No wonder you’re unemployed.

Meanwhile, Dalton has been besieged by the forces of confusion. Those attending the Dalton Occupation sound downright reasonable:

Those attending the meeting tried to reach a consensus on some of the core issues that they would focus on.

“We need to be values-based and issues-based, not partisan. And we have to be able to explain what we are about in simple language if we are going to reach people,” said David Robinson of Pickens County.

Some of the issues they found some agreement on were economic security, ending corporate greed and restoring accountability to government leaders.

“I think what unites us are certain values. I think everybody realizes that economic security is important. People have been hurt so badly, not just by unemployment but by uncertainty, the fear that they may be come unemployed,” Robinson said. “Wages have been stagnant for a decade. The middle class has been hit hard, and all the value those folks have created have been allocated by the people who run the corporations to themselves.”

bruhsam October 9, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Usually, I find reading Peach Pundit to be useful for the insight and information that comes out of it. Obviously the blog is slanted to the Republican/Conservative side, but admittedly so.

However, I find the last several posts about the Occupy Atlanta protesters to be embarrassing. The text of these posts is not what I expect from thoughtful or passionate political commentary, no matter what your opinion of the protest is. These posts reduce my opinion of Todd Rehm, and Peach Pundit in general.

LoyaltyIsMyHonor October 9, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Agreed. Todd generally posts some good informative ideas, but these posts are nothing more than hurtful. It’s one thing to argue, and ridicule the ideology of these protestors, it’s another thing to ridicule their looks or how they dress. In my mind, they’re really no different than the Tea Partiers — they’re just frustrated pissed off people directing their anger in a different direction. But God-forbid we poke fun at the Tea Party, only liberals do that!

Todd Rehm October 9, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Where do I ridicule their dress except to say that they obviously shop at The Commie Image? Where do I make fun of their appearance other than notin that Comrade is pale and doesn’t eat enough. And that’s actually a criticism of the bourgeois obese tanning bed addicts.

If I mock you for wearing a Communist shirt, I’m mocking your ideology and the hypocrisy of paying money for Commie propaganda rather than wearing true prole burlap, not your appearance.

Toxic Avenger October 10, 2011 at 7:48 am

Okay, Todd, let me use your logic against you, mkay?

At Tea Party rallies, I have seen many photographs of signs, clothes, etc. donned by folks attending saying things like “Send Barack Back to Africa” and “N&^%#r President.” Misspelled words, racist sayings, and the like.

With that logic, you would be perfectly fine with this headline to describe tea party rallies:

“Racist morons protesting in downtown Atlanta”

Cool with that, man?

Rick Day October 10, 2011 at 12:16 am

It’s OK.

They just fear what they don’t understand. Classic GOP thought training.

Cassandra October 10, 2011 at 10:21 am

Todd,

“Wan tat-lad” was broadcast by CNN Nationally, this AM.

Watch him write a book, sign a documentary deal, and make $17M!

“Anyone who don’t like this life is crazy” M. Maloof

griftdrift October 9, 2011 at 2:32 pm

“they’re really no different than the Tea Partiers”

Truer words, never said.

KD_fiscal conservative October 9, 2011 at 2:56 pm

“they’re really no different than the Tea Partiers”

For the hyper-partisan Repub, like Todd or Mike, they knew they could tap into the TP and ride their wave to more GOP victories and they see the Occupy Wall Street crowd as a potential threat to their candidates. Which is precisely why the Dem leaders like Pelosi are already showing they “stand with the movement” and you see GOPers demagoguing the movement by taking pictures to highlight few aspects of the larger group and destroy it without ever having to consider what they saying(much like how the libs tried to paint the whole TP movement as “racist.”

But ideologically both groups are against the wall street bailouts, and were frustrated with the current status of our economy, but other than that, practically none of this movements “demands” are realistic….there is no way to give free healthcare, college, and force businesses to give a “living wage”(what ever that is) for everyone as anything, let along when we have record debt and deficits.

NoTeabagging October 9, 2011 at 3:28 pm

End the Two Party System! Only then we can make real progress!

Ken October 10, 2011 at 1:47 am

Thus sayeth the disillusioned Democrats.

Todd Rehm October 9, 2011 at 3:33 pm

You may not like the way I mock these poor misguided souls, so let me make some points.

1. I actually went there, listened and saw. There are major holes in the media reporting of this event. There is a lot of Soviet-style propaganda imagery, Commie t-shirts and publications and actual Communists and Socialists there.

2. They’re running everything by “Animal Farm” rules, where “all animals are equal, some are more equal than others.” The red-shirts with the bullhorn are leading the sheep while making a show of democracy.

3. The chanting and call-and-response is classic cult brainwashing. Seriously disturbing.

4. Who goes camping without camping supplies? An idiot. No other way to say it. Grateful dead hippies were better prepared for camping out than these Marxists.

5. Note the “CHE” shirt on the red-shirt who is among the leaders. Che Guevara was a Marxist revolutionary and guerilla. He ran the firing squads in Cuba and ran the military. He is no hero. If you wear a shirt lionizing him, you are either advocating the violent Marxist overthrow of the government, or you just a trendy ignorant sheep. In any case, the shirt was made of cotton harvested by agri-business, spun by a large corporation into a shirt, printed with petroleum-derived inks by yet another corporation and delivered to the Marxist in charge in a nice FedEx box. Rage Against Common Sense.

6. If these people had a coherent point and the organization required to deliver it, I’d respect that. But they don’t have any of that. They don’t even have pot, for God’s sakes. Or tents or tarps or blankets. The only way I can describe these people is through mockery as they descend into a parody of themselves.

8. The radical egalitarianism of “no one is better than anyone” and shunning of John Lewis because he’s “too establishment” (I’m paraphrasing, but that’s an accurate paraphrase) shows that these people are not intending to engage in the existing system, but long for an actual honest-to-God revolution.

9. That revolution won’t happen because these people aren’t equipped to spend a week on the Appalachian Trail, much less overthrow a social order.

10. I’ve got a rush order in for t-shirts printed by a non-union printer that I should have in time to go sell to the hippies tomorrow afternoon. I’d have preferred a union printer, but it was too expensive and they aren’t working over the weekend. I’ll have a video camera on me, and every purchaser will be asked if they can define the word “irony.”

Later, Comrades.

KD_fiscal conservative October 9, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Nice try Todd, but you still didn’t show how the movement as a WHOLE is a bunch of commie/socialists…all you did was point out how there are elements of said groups in crowds. In the same way that there were elements of racism in the Tea Party rallies. But just like other populist movements, there are many different people with vastly different reasons for protesting. From anti-war ideologues, to those upset about the bailouts. In fact, there is a mini-occupy Athens, and went by to see the freak-show. There were some veterans, a few hippies and students, they claimed that all of our nations problems can be solved by simply implementing the same far left policies we’ve been hearing about for years. There were also a few people pissed about the bail-outs for banks, but not for individual American citizens…..boy that sounds mighty familiar to some other protesters….

Also, if you look at the group’s demands,(http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-demands-for-occupy-wall-st-moveme/) they are typical unrealistic handout requests we’ve been hearing from liberals for years(universal healthcare, end all fossil fuels, huge increase to min. wage…..etc.).

So Todd, lets try this again, is there some polling or some other scientifically valid reason to believe that all or most of the “Occupy…” protesters are any different then a group of the American Left….just as the TP was a protest from the American far-right? And why is there any reason to believe that taking pictures of a few extreme elements is any better than msnbc taking pictures of “Obama-go back to Kenya” signs at TP rallies and displaying selective moral outrage at that group.

bruhsam October 9, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Todd,

If you replaced your reply as the actual post, I would give you props, and simply disagree with you. However, the tone of your original post undermines the point you’re trying to make. I would submit that by pissing me off, you’re pissing off the people who you might want to vote for the republican ticket, as I’m one of the 20% independent leaners. Unless of course your goal is merely to curry favor with the powers that be and line your own nest. That would be the proper, organized, activity of a good political activist.

Did you see what I did with the last two sentences? That’s called a straw-man argument. Your post and reply are full of them. I’ll take your reply one at a time:

Excellent point. Good for you. You’re right there are major holes. You’re probably right about the Soviet-style propaganda imagery, but for reference I point you at EVERY SINGLE ELECTION CAMPAIGN of the last 16 years. “Soviet-Style” is merely a brand you’re trying to affix to what most political operatives would call “normal” these days. Also, using the term “commie” is a cheap attempt to decry how anything socialist is a priori bad.

This is something that we have to take on your word. I choose not to at the moment. It’s a disorganized movement and there are always stupid people around.

Have you ever been to any political protest before? Disturbing? Brainwashing? Really? I actually think that the overly organized protests of the past 20 years are more disturbing than what we’re witnessing now.

We’ll take 4 and 9 together. Sure, they’re unorganized and showed up without preparation. Why is this something to decry? As one of the other commenters here posted, would you be making the same personal attacks if this were a bunch of tea partiers? And let’s not try and count the straw men within these two points. There are many.

Yes, thank you. I think you can assume anyone reading this blog knows who Che Guevara is. The rest of your point, I will not dispute.

I believe we’re recapitulating points 4 and 9 here. I can only interpret this as a political operative’s attempt to defeat a burgeoning movement through ridicule. While I understand that this is your job, I’m still disappointed by seeing it here on Peach Pundit.

7. Love John Lewis or hate him, if you’re trying to do civil disobedience, you need to listen to the man. You might learn something. It was clear from the debate that some of these people had no idea who he is, and no idea why they should have shown some adaptability in their schedule in order to allow him to speak. There is no other word in the English language to describe that as accurately as “ignorant”. That you think I should hide the truth in order to spare the feelings of these ignorant Communists says volumes about how political correctness will also lead us to perdition. [emphasis added]

Re: John Lewis, yes people around here should know who he is. Anyone who does not deserves the term “ignorant” however you’re freighting the term with connotations that are not deserved. Ignorance is easily cured. Willful ignorance would be much more pernicious and has yet to be demonstrated.

Now, regarding the bolded statement, I’m not sure where you perceived that I think you should hide anything. No, I think this further exposes your willingness to color perceptions by setting up straw men, calling people names, and steering debates away from core issues.

If true, then I would agree with you. However you’ve demonstrated that I cannot accept your paraphrase as truth. THIS IS WHY I’m disappointed. You’ve undermined your own credibility and that of the other coverage of Peach Pundit.

I have no response to this.

Your statements and style of writing here are an example of everything I find depressing and irritating about our current political discourse. There is no dialogue; there is no compromise; there is no attempt of any sort of find out what the hell is going on and fix it. Instead, you merely find someone opposed to your agenda, call them names, tell the media what they’re doing is evil, wrong, and against god (Yes you did. See definition of “perdition”), and defeat them at any cost. I entreat you to not be like that anymore, and try to lead from example.

griftdrift October 9, 2011 at 5:23 pm

You really need to watch the video before you pass judgment.

Todd Rehm October 9, 2011 at 9:29 pm

1. As far as Soviet-style, there is a distinct and distinctive school of graphic arts that originated in Soviet Russia that was motivated by Marxist philosophy and deployed in the service of the totalitarian state. Much like Eisenstein’s theory of how you create meaning in film. This isn’t just a smear. This is you being ignorant of graphic design history, and specifically of the graphic design of the Soviet era. Sure ignorance is easily cured. Now you know.

Here’s a good discussion of what I’m talking about.

2. Don’t take my word on it. I never suggest anyone look to one single secular source for truth. Hell, I watch the 700 Club, listen to NPR and figure the truth is somewhere in between.

3. Yes, I have been to a boatload of protests before. Every one I can, as a matter of fact. This one was just pitiful. That call-and-response thing was truly disturbing. Scary in a mind control, Stepford Wives, kind of way.

There’s a fine line between protest and drinking poison in the jungle. Hope these kids stay on the right side of the line.

4&9 Their stupidity in being unprepared shows the quality of their thinking. To paraphrase George Carlin they think like old people … drive. Slow and sloppy. They also expect others to give them stuff for free. Illuminates the sense of entitlement these people have.

5. re: Che, a lot of people just think he’s some cool-looking dude on their slim-fit t-shirt. I don’t assume that everyone here knows the truth about the murderer. In fact, I’ll bet that at least one Peach Pundit reader has a Che shirt or owned one in college or grad school.

7. Ignorant is ignorant. I didn’t say stupid, I said ignorant and I won’t apologize for calling it such. Sorry if I hurt your empathic feelings.

8. If you’ve gotten this far and are still reading, what the hell are you doing? Don’t believe me, fine. Go read someone you agree with. I was there. I saw it, this is my story. Make of it what you will.

10. Don’t read another word I write and I’ll be fine with it. Communists are Godless and are against God. Their path leads to perdition. Don’t like it, fine.

But do you really expect me to treat with kid gloves a bunch of Communists who want to wipe out our American social order and replace it with Godless Communism?

I sometimes write in a deliberately inflammatory fashion to make my point. Apparently it worked. Good day, sir!

Todd Rehm October 9, 2011 at 9:46 pm

“the tone of your original post undermines the point you’re trying to make.”

No way, dude, the tone is part and parcel of the message. It’s supposed to piss you off. It’s supposed to piss the right-wingers in a different way. And maybe it’ll piss one poor misguided soul off enough that they’ll start thinking for themselves and start swallowing the socialist pablum they’re being fed.

IF I PISSED YOU OFF, I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED MY GOAL. If you’re keeping score at home, that’s me one, you zero.

Rick Day October 10, 2011 at 12:32 am

You really seem fixated on these citizens, Todd. To the point you want to force your fashion values because you… don’t like theirs?

All this shrillness about “the Commiez” is so last century dude. It’s OK, these kids aren’t going to give you the gulag treatment.

Technically, it’s disturbing. Aesthetically, it’s downright creepy. Can you explain to us why you are so intent on destroying this situation before it coalesces?

Yous should get on past the “Fist they mocked us” and move on to “Then they ignored us” for your mental health, dude.

Ken October 10, 2011 at 1:52 am

Rick,

It’s the Commies who are so last century. You can find it on page 2 of the program.

The end of private property is the beginning of slavery.

saltycracker October 9, 2011 at 3:35 pm

“There are a bunch of people camped out at Woodruff Park for this demonstration for “the 99%” petitioning for fair taxes, more jobs, equal access……….”

FAIR TAX – JOBS – EQUALITY – What’s wrong with this picture ?

Todd, get down there and pass out some fair tax signs & stickers….w/the t-shirts…..

Are they sincere or is this another Clintonist, that’s not what they mean by “fair taxes” trick ?

Pass out some farm picker job applications, too….in fact get Black to send the buses…..

Responsibility test: are they picking up their garbage ?

Todd Rehm October 9, 2011 at 3:40 pm

It is clear to me that what they mean by “fair taxes, more jobs, equal access…” is confiscatory taxes, redistribution of the wealth, a government-managed economy and the kind of equality that the subjects of the former Soviet Union and current Republic of Cuba enjoy.

Rick Day October 10, 2011 at 12:34 am

It is clear to me

You are viewing them through Red colored glasses.

Take them off. You are starting to give us concern.

Todd Rehm October 9, 2011 at 3:42 pm

What kind of “fair taxes” would you expect from people who set to go camping but don’t prepare, then post on the internet pleading for a handout? They’ve achieved their own Socialist Utopia in the Park, a pure Welfare State.

Rick Day October 10, 2011 at 12:35 am

What is this with the camping thing?

Are you an Eagle Scout?

You act like an Eagle Scout…

saltycracker October 9, 2011 at 3:52 pm

So is Gary Black going to get over to Woodruff Park with a convoy of MARTA buses & offer crop picking jobs to these needy folks or not ?

ted in bed October 9, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Todd, thank you for the photos and video. I think you captured the flavor of what’s going on and your photography skills are awesome.

cheapseats October 9, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I’ve no interest in joining in this protest. I’ve no interest in camping out and/or marching. I’m way too old to be a hippie and I have a small business to run.

That said, I’m glad a few folks are calling you out on these posts because they are way over the top and don’t hit any points of policy – just that these folks don’t look like you and don’t act like you and aren’t organized to your standards. That’s all I’ve heard you say.

But, they aren’t completely wrong. I’m a 99%’er myself. The banking system in this country is totally broken. Even with outstanding credit and solid collateral, no bank will lend my business money because I don’t own or sell real estate. Luckily for me, I’m past the point of needing a loan but I made some inquiries last year and my banker friends told me, off-the-record, that it would be a waste of time.

Small businesses are getting clobbered and/or just plain shut out of the credit markets.

Do you support our current system of not-really-free-market capitalism?

This ain’t about taxes – it’s about business and growing the US economy.

Todd Rehm October 9, 2011 at 9:29 pm

They’re not calling me out. They’re whining and gnashing their teeth.

Rick Day October 10, 2011 at 12:36 am

You don’t take constructive criticism well, do you?

Doug Grammer October 10, 2011 at 7:43 am

I’m not so sure it was constructive.

The Last Democrat in Georgia October 9, 2011 at 7:20 pm

“Commies camping in downtown park”

What’s so unusual about that?

The park is dead in the center of the Peoples’ Republic of Atlanta, you know…

SallyForth October 9, 2011 at 8:23 pm

@brusham, you are on target re the posts re this demonstration being an embarrassment to Todd and p/p – this blog is normally above that. Why can’t there be an actual discussion of why these are happening all across America?

Too many people seem to have forgotten that these people are protesting the same thing that the tea partiers did in the beginning – the $16 trillion hand-out to the big banks. The working class across party lines is irate that all that money went into management’s pockets and workers’ jobs kept disappearing, not one job created for ordinary people. True, the tea party folks got easily distracted by political operatives who convinced them that pouring more money on the corporations via more tax cuts would somehow be the answer.

But reality is that in the past year corporate America has destroyed 2.9 million more jobs here, and sent 2.4 million jobs overseas. Reality is that corporate America is sitting on $3 trillion, while 25 million Americans are out of work. Why are they not being required to pay us back all that bail-out tax money, so it can be applied to our infrastructure? Reality is that we now have a plutocracy in our country – where the wealth is in the hands of a few, democracy cannot exist. I read a few days ago that only 20% of the net worth created over the past two centuries is in the hands of 99% of the population. If this is anywhere near correct, our nation is headed down a bad road.

The people demonstrating for equitable taxation across the board and an end to the ten-year war in Iraq/Afghanistan are actually expressing the same frustrations as the tea party people. A good place to start would be to bring home those billions of dollars every month and put them into rebuilding our nation’s crumbling infrastructure, e.g. roads, bridges, water and sewer systems, electric grids, etc. And this would create jobs for people here in America instead of pouring our taxes out all around the world (and in large part to military profiteers like Halliburton).

Greed is not a bad thing; it is a huge incentive for the free market – but we the people must have regulation from our government to keep some locks and dams to control that river and keep it from drowning everyone in its path. Instead of people on one side stereotyping tea party types, and people on the other side stereotyping the Main Street occupiers, we all need to come together and exert public pressure for our elected officials to provide sane regulation and demand domestic returns for all teh corporate welfare doled out each year.

KD_fiscal conservative October 9, 2011 at 8:33 pm

“corporate America has destroyed 2.9 million more jobs here,”

um….is it really “destroying” if they are the one who created to jobs in the first place.

SallyForth October 9, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Since the jobs were created through the auspices of special tax breaks at both state and national levels for job and economic development, taxpayers had a stake – but were shafted when the companies decided to off-shore the jobs. So yes, that is really destroying American jobs.

Todd Rehm October 9, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Sally, just remember when they start passing out paper cups that the Flavor-Aid is poison. Don’t drink it.

SallyForth October 9, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Don’t worry Todd, I’m safe – seems the plutocrats already used up all the “Flavor-Aid” and folks like you guzzled it down.

Todd Rehm October 9, 2011 at 9:34 pm

And back to Bruhsam;

Even Blog for Democracy, apologists for all that is liberal, are asking whether OccupyAtlanta was “just ill-informed or willfully stupid?” for their treatment of John Lewis.

Ignorant is an exact synonym for “ill-informed.” Go whine at them. They’ll at least feel bad.

Rick Day October 10, 2011 at 12:38 am

BfD is a shill piece for the DNC just like PP is a shill for the GOP.

Pot/kettle/black

You just don’t get it, partisan.

SallyForth October 9, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Food for thought: Justice Louis Brandeis in 1939: “You can have a democracy or you can have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few – but you can’t have both.”

We all need to do some serious contemplation as to what kind of country we want to be – do we really believe ourselves a Christian nation, and if so, what did Christ say about rich folks and how we are supposed to treat poor folks? Since today is Sunday, this seems a proper thing to contemplate.

As for me, I’ve got a Falcons’ game to watch!

David Staples October 10, 2011 at 9:42 am

“do we really believe ourselves a Christian nation”

No. Though Herman Cain and others believe that to be true… we are not a Christian nation. I read an article the other day that 46 percent of 18 to 30 year olds now claim no religious affiliation. I can only hope the trend of religion declining in America continues.

LoyaltyIsMyHonor October 9, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Wow, this is getting pretty ugly, like a Creative Loafing Blog; and that’s pretty sad. I’m pretty drunk now, but I’d love to post later on because I used to be a self-professed Communist/Socialist/Marxist, etc….I still have my Che T-shirt..I’m now older, I have a mortgage, I understand local/state taxes and I lean Right now…but part of me still sympathizes with these people…I still don’t understand why this kid’s image here needs to be ridiculed?

All right, going to bed now ;)

Todd Rehm October 9, 2011 at 11:13 pm

LIMH-

I went hoping to be entertained, see some speeches and maybe walk away with an understanding of what was going on. I was sorely disappointed by the lack of anything original, authentic or thought-provoking.

griftdrift October 9, 2011 at 11:36 pm

“I can appreciate sincerely-held, if naive, political opinions, but there were none to be found.”

Like the Tea Party?

Rick Day October 10, 2011 at 12:40 am

If this thread were a Democracy, Todd would be voted off the island.

Andre October 10, 2011 at 8:25 am

If this thread were the Occupy Atlanta “general assembly”, no one would be voted off the proverbial island because one person could block such an action from taking place; thus preventing the group from reaching consensus.

Three Jack October 10, 2011 at 11:58 am

having been out of town the past few days, i missed the invasion. but now that they are here, why not enjoy the movement if for nothing else than the entertainment it is providing.

for all those trying to compare ‘occupy {fill in the location}’ to the tea party, there are substantial differences. the basic ideals endorsed by the majority of tea party folks are rooted in our constitution whereas the occupy folks mostly rely upon the communist manifesto and other socialist propaganda for their foundation. which is more american?

i fully support the rights of these folks to express themselves because i believe we need americans of all political leanings to rise up and challenge the status quo. at the end of the day, the underlying reason for the tea party and occupy movements to protest is our politicians and their failure to do anything other than seek re-election. this is the most obvious similarity between the movements, but the occupy folks just haven’t realized (admitted) that their anger should be directed toward washington.

Comments on this entry are closed.