Cain Responds to President Obama’s Speech on Jobs

(Stockbridge, GA)- Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain responded to President Obama’s speech on jobs tonight, saying:

“We waited 30 months for this?”

No, seriously. That is the ENTIRE response. See for yourself at this link.

When people ask me why I like Herman Cain, it’s because of things like this.

Kudos to Mr. Cain and the campaign staff.

1. NoTeabagging says:

Priceless. But really, I think all lawmakers were a bit busy with other things during the last 30 months. Now let’s look to the next 14 months. I don’t expect any lawmakers to do much except campaign. Sure they’ll tease us us with vague promises of ‘their plan,’ without details, in hopes of getting elected. No lawmaker will dare to pass legislation or do anything that might ‘fail’ before election day. Can’t let the other team score a victory. The ‘peoples’ might vote for them or give them money to keep attacking us in TV ads.

Only after the election will the vicious cycle repeat. “Plan. what plan? Did I give you a plan when I campaigned? No, I didn’t. I was too busy bashing the other guys to even think about a credible plan for the future. Besides, things change, that plan wouldn’t work now anyway.”

Lie, Deny, Repeat…

2. Joshua Morris says:

It’s a good initial response to grab some attention. Now I’d like to see a follow up with some substance regarding why Pres. Obama’s plan won’t work. I’m looking for a candidate who can explain economic issues to the People on their level.

• saltycracker says:

Spending another $450 billion now and coming up with a weak maybe plan to pay it back over 10 yrs ?
      Try that with your banker.

• Three Jack says:

“I’m looking for a candidate who can explain economic issues to the People on their level.”

i’m not a candidate, but i think i can handle this request.

-$14,000,000,000,000 debt
      +450,000,000,000 new deficit spending
      +1,200,000,000,000 2011 annual deficit
      = failed planning leading to insolvency

• Nuge says:

lol Threejack, are you trying to apply simple arithmatic to the federal budget? Everyone knows you have to use baseline budgeting to get an accurate reading of things. When you look at it along them lines, we need more spending. A balanced budget is just not sustainable.

3. grumpymoderate says:

While Mr. Cain was “waiting” for a real jobs plan from President Obama, people have been waiting for a real campaign from Mr. Cain.

• grumpymoderate says:

LOL. Someone needs to offer him a strong in-state campaign infrastructure to run for the Senate or Governor.

• Doug Grammer says:

I think Cain is doing fairly well with the crowd he is with. He’s not running last, and I hope he beats Ron Paul. (along with everyone else)

Time will tell what the future holds for Mr. Cain.

• Doug Grammer says:

Exactly David. I want the federal government to take your land from you and build black helicopters there so they can spy on you once you move. The government is already reading your e-mails, tapping your phone, putting fluoride in your water, and is responsible for the air contrails following jets in the air. New World Order!

….some people….give me a break…just because I don’t want a guy as President who think if we build a fence across the border, it’s made to keep us in…

• You’ve previously supported Saxby and Johnny and a number of other big government politicians. You support Herman Cain who believes we are a Christian nation. You don’t believe I should have the right to gamble my own money online through internet poker sites. There’s more to it than just the fact that you don’t like Ron Paul.

(And the government is getting awfully crafty if they’re sneaking fluoride into my well water.)

• Doug Grammer says:

You left out I don’t that I don’t support prostitution or drugs either. I am fine with not supporting prostitution, drugs, or gambling. I’m OK with you supporting them. We just need to see who can get more people to the polls to decide who has the better stance on those issues. I’m putting your candidates odds at about 5% or less. Does that seem about right to you?

BTW, who did you have in mind over Saxby and Johnny? Donovan got 2.5% against Johnny. Buckley got 3.4% against Saxby. Who do you like better than Herman Cain other than Ron Paul? If you want to hitch your horse to a candidate who thinks that a fence on the border would be meant to keep us in, go ahead. I’m betting you won’t get very far.

The government is putting enough fluoride into water so that when it evaporates, it comes down in the rain and then into your well. They are that good at it.

• Other than Ron Paul, I’d support Gary Johnson, who is polling at Herman Cain and Santorum levels, but isn’t even being invited to the debates or included in most polls. (It’s hard to poll at a certain level if you’re not one of the choices given.)

Yes, either Buckley or Donovan would have been better than Saxby or Johnny. But of course since they have the required “R” beside their name, it doesn’t really matter how much pork they vote for in Washington, right?

• Doug Grammer says:

Saxby and Johnny are much better than Martin and Thurmond. Those are the only other candidates who had a chance at winning. I don’t agree with Saxby and Johnny on everything, but they are much better than the viable alternates. I don’t go tilting at windmills and baying at the moon every time they vote differently than I would have liked. You may bark on.

I’ve looked a little at Johnson. I haven’t given him serious consideration yet, but the primary vote isn’t for about 6 months. I’d vote for him over Paul in a two person race. I think I’d vote for you over Paul if you were the only two choices and a write in option was not available.

• “The real question is, “who do we want as President?” instead of “who can beat Obama?”” — Doug Grammer

Let me translate that for you:

The real question is, “who do we want as Senator?” instead of “who can beat Martin and Thurmond?”

Johnson is actually my first choice, but looking at the race realistically, if he doesn’t start coming up in the polls or stop being blacklisted from GOP debates, he’s not really going to have any chance at all. At least include the guy in the debates. Sarah Palin wasn’t even a declared candidate but was invited to one of the debates, yet a two term former Governor of New Mexico gets ignored? What does a guy have to do to earn an invite? Grow some boobs show some leg?

• Doug Grammer says:

Apple, where we have a wide field of GOP candidates running for President and I think at least half of them would have a good chance of beating the incumbent (and I won’t be considering the ones that I don’t think that can win in November.)

meet Orange, a GOP nominee for US Senate vs a Dem nominee and someone else who can’t get 5%.

4. cheapseats says:

More bumpersticker campaigning…there has got to be somebody who has some substance out there somewhere – possibly even in this country. *sigh*

• Nuge says:

Huntsman? To borrow a phrase from the late great William F Buckley,”I won’t insult your intelligence by pretending you actually believe that.”

5. saltycracker says:

The market may get the jitters on Europe or terrorists but it is as they say, it’s the economy stupid. Europe money’s choice on movement is to the US.

The business reaction so far in to be a part of a 300 point plus market drop do far. That’s a reaction by all political persuasions.

6. Oglewort says:

The folks getting free stuff resent the folks who are paying for the free stuff.

While they’ve tolerated paying up till now, the folks paying for the free stuff can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff. So the folks paying for the free stuff want the free stuff to stop.

Now, the folks getting free stuff want even MORE free stuff on top of the free stuff they’re been getting, and MORE people are wanting to sign up for the free stuff…because it’s free.

The folks who’ve been forcing people to PAY for the free stuff have told the people GETTING free stuff that the people PAYING for the free stuff are selfish, mean, prejudiced and racist.

So people GETTING free stuff are mad at the folks who’ve been PAYING for free stuff because they’ve been told they’re are selfish, mean, prejudiced and racist.

People getting free stuff are promised MORE free stuff so long as they’ll vote for people who force the people who pay for the free stuff to pay for more free stuff.

The people forcing people to pay for free stuff threaten them by saying that if the free stuff stops, folks who’ve been receiving the free stuff will riot, burn, steal and commit mayhem.

That’ll be OK, because people who’ve been getting the free stuff will riot, burn, steal and commit mayhem against the people who’ve been forcing people to pay for free stuff.

Once they’re done rioting, burning, stealing and committing mayhem…and still don’t have any more free stuff, they’ll get hungry enough, find jobs and things will get better.