House Bill 87 created an Immigration Enforcement Review Board, comprising seven members, which will have the power to investigate complaints against local and state government officials or employees alleged to be failing to enforce immigration policies and to order remedial actions or fines up to $5000. The Board is administratively attached to the Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts, whose website contains information about filing a complaint.
Governor Deal appointed:
- Phil Kent of Sandy Springs, who needs no introduction.
- Shawn Hanley, past chairman of the Fulton County Republican Party, a resident of Roswell.
- Ben Vinson, an attorney from Atlanta who previously served as Majority Caucus Counsel in the Georgia House of Representatives.
Lieutenant Governor Cagle appointed:
- Boyd Austin, mayor of Dallas since 1995.
- Mike Yeager of Moreland, who is currently serving his fifth term as sheriff of Coweta County.
Speaker Ralston appointed:
- Robert F. Mumford of Conyers, an attorney who served in the Georgia House of Representatives from 2005 to 2009.
- Terry R. Clark, of Moultrie, a member of the Colquitt County Commission, to which he was elected in 2006.