Tricia Pridemore Announces Run for State GOP Chair

Tricia Pridemore, long rumored to be a candidate for Georgia Republican Party Chair, has formally announced her candidacy. The full press release is below, as well as the initial steering committee list.

Veteran GOP Grassroots Leader Tricia Pridemore Announces Campaign for GAGOP Chair; Plans to dramatically grow, strengthen grassroots

MARIETTA, GA- Cobb County resident Tricia Pridemore met today with supporters to officially announce her candidacy for Georgia Republican Party Chair.

Regarding her candidacy, Pridemore said, “Because we can’t rest on the accomplishments of the last few years, our next Party Chair must be able to articulate a vision that builds upon our successes, moving quickly to strengthen the Party for the battles ahead. That vision includes not only embracing our time-honored, conservative Republican values, but also a new, aggressive effort to ensure our grassroots activists have the technology and resources needed to take on the Obama Administration and stave off Democrat organizers targeting Georgia.  My long history in grassroots politics, coupled with my experience in the high-tech, social networking field, make me uniquely qualified to lead these efforts, working alongside the hardworking Georgians who lick the envelopes, put up signs, and help get Republicans elected.”

Tricia and her husband, Michael, moved to Georgia and quickly became involved with Republican politics.  Upon enrolling at Kennesaw State University, Tricia joined the College Republicans as was soon elected KSU College Republican Chair—a post from which she successfully recruited and mobilized students to help elect local and statewide Republican candidates.

More recently, Tricia served as a deployed volunteer for the McCain Presidential campaign in Ohio. Tricia built and maintains the Cobb GOP website and currently serves as House District 32 chair.  She is a member of the GAGOP technology committee, which develops and promotes innovative technologies for the state party.

A veteran grassroots campaigner, Tricia has assisted Tom Graves for Congress, Austin Scott for Congress, Sam Olens for Attorney General, and countless other political campaigns. She served as the Nathan Deal for Governor Cobb County Co-Chair and the unpaid State Grassroots Chair for Deal’s campaign.  Additionally, Tricia was elected to serve
as the President of the Cobb/Cherokee 9.12 Project and serves as the state director for the Georgia 9.12 Project.

After college, Tricia worked for a broad range of companies including Forbes, Georgia Press Association, and Cookbook Digest. Tricia and Michael cofounded Accucast, an innovative software and technology company, which they sold in 2006.

Tricia and Michael have been married 15 years and attend Mt. Paran Church in Atlanta.  Tricia is currently the president of her homeowners association, member of the WellStar Hospitals charitable foundation, and volunteers at MUST ministries in Cobb County.

Steering Committee:

Grassroots leaders join the Tricia Pridemore for GAGOP Chairman Steering Committee

“I am humbled by the outpouring of support for my candidacy and look forward to working with these fellow grassroots leaders in implementing my G.R.O.W. Roots plan for the Georgia GOP.” said Tricia in response to these endorsements.

Dave Barbee, 10th Congressional District Chairman, GAGOP
Mike Crane, 2010 Republican nominee for the Congress – 13th
Michael Huneke, Bartow County Republican Party Chairman
Carolyn Meadows, former GAGOP National Committee Woman from Georgia, board member of the National Rifle Association and the American Conservative Union
Linda Parker, past chairman of the Cherokee County Republican Party
Gerry Purcell, 2010 Republican candidate for Insurance Commissioner

1. debbie0040 says:

If she is such a veteran grassroots campaigner, then why did she hire someone to serve as her campaign chair for GA GOP?

• debbie0040 says:

Assisting with campaigns is part of the responsibility of the GA GOP Chair. Shouldn’t a candidate for that position know how to conduct a campaign without hiring someone?

• drjay says:

or you hire people to run your campaign, so you can concentrate on being a candidate…hiring someone to do something is not the opposite of being able to do it yourself…

• Ambernappe says:

Dr. Jay,
            Please forgive me if I misjudge, but anyone seeking a position should know how to do just about everything involved. Sort of “like” the old fashioned concept of the elevator president of the company starting out on the ground floor (at the “grassroots).

• drjay says:

i’m not quite sure what you are asking, but i’ll answer it this way. i know how to cut my grass, but i am comfortable hiring someone else to do it, so that i am free to do other things with that time…

• Ambernappe says:

Dr. Jay-
                But I am certain that you are too honest to present yourself as a landscape architect…………….

• drjay says:

ok, i know how to clean someone’s teeth, but i let my hygeinist get mine, as opposed to trying to do it myself, logistically with a mirror and some patience i could get the job done, but…

• I Am Jacks Post says:

“Shouldn’t a candidate for that position know how to conduct a campaign without hiring someone?”

. . . says the Astroturf Queen

• debbie0040 says:

Jack, decided to come up for air? Got tired of having your nose glued to the new Governor’s butt?

• I Am Jacks Post says:

I’m not going to lie, Debbie, one does grow tired of being associated with winners.

On that note, I look forward to helping defeat your next statewide candidate of choice.

By the way, the vig on that steak dinner bet you made–and lost–back in 06 is up around 20%. Pay up soon or I release the hounds.

• debbie0040 says:

Tom Graves won, Austin Scott won, Gary Black won, Sam Olens won, – what record are you referring to?

It would be worth a steak dinner just to find out who you are I Am Jacks Post….

• Clint says:

For the record, I am Clint Murphy, formerly Bull Moose, and I am not nor do I know who is “I Am Jacks Post”.

Debbie Dooley and I are friends and I think a lot of her, what she has accomplished, and her abilities in the conservative arena of politics.

• shep1975 says:

He could be Clint Murphy. There is likely more than one person named “Clint Murphy” in Georgia. I know I’m not the only Jason Shepherd. 🙂

• debbie0040 says:

I know Clint Murphy and have deep respect for him. We are friends.

I Am Jack’s Post, you are no Clint Murphy. As far as I am concerned you are not even fit to tie his shoes..

2. NorthGAGOP says:

Will she be elcted? With all that hi-tech experience, you would think she might know how to use spell check.

3. Ambernappe says:

It is entirely possible that any questions regarding the Pridemore candidacy for Georgia GOP Chairman will be labeled as negativity. However, some of the circumstances should be open to review. “Steering” committee for a volunteer position? And how many committee members are, or have been Precinct Captains, which when properly organized, are the genuine grassroots of the Republican Party. Does the rumor that a prominent consulting firm was retained to promote this campaign bear any truth in fact? My attempt to address this question to the Governor’s office was referred to the office of Secretary of State. I did not pursue that question further, but since the “Convention Season” is imminent, hopefully some explanations will be forthcoming .

4. Tiberius says:

If I hear one more candidate mention “strengthen grassroots” I am going to vomit!
    Not sure what a GOP Chairman can do to help grassroots other than get out of the way.

I want my Chairman to raise money and more money. And then hire the right people and let them do their job.

5. Brandon says:

The spelling errors were made by me. I retyped the press release and spelled two words wrong. I’m in the process of fixing them. In other words, 100% of the blame falls upon myself.

6. Three Jack says:

let’s see, worked on nathan deal campaign, homeowners association prez, meadows/parker on committee, hmmm….that will be a definitive no vote in my book.

7. Tiberius says:

HD 32 Chairman. That is Judy Manning’s district. Sounds like she and Judy Manning wouldn’t see eye to eye on a lot of things.

I don’t know anything about the 2010 primary, but I wonder in her hearts of heart I wonder who this Chairman wanted to win?

8. This Guy says:

Criticizing Tricia Pridemore for hiring a campaign chair just seems silly to me. Being qualified to run a campaign doesn’t mean you can run every part of your own campaign on your own.

That said, I don’t know much about Mrs. Pridemore, but I think the unprecedented results of the State GOP under the leadership of Sue Everhart speak for themselves. I just don’t see a reason for a change.

• debbie0040 says:

I don’t think Alec or Sue hired campaign chairs to run their campaigns. They did it because they had the experienceto do so….

• shep1975 says:

But both Ralph Reed and David Shafer did. Alec ran unopposed both times. So did Sue. So, the last time there was a very contested Chairman’s race, the candidates hired staff.

• shep1975 says:

It was 10 years ago and I really can’t remember who was paid and who was volunteer. I was busy with my own campaign for VC.

• UGADawg says:

Shafer hired Mark Roundtree. I think Ralph own people, Century Strategies, ran his. I can’t remember his partner’s name but that guy ran it.

• shep1975 says:

I also remember John Garst, Steve Schultz and David Crim were all very involved with Shafer, but I don’t know if any were paid or volunteer.

Tim Phillips was Ralph’s business partner. Tim is now leading Americans for Prosperity. I also think Clint Austin was with CenStrat back then (Clint, correct me if I’m wrong if you happen to read this) and on Ralph’s campaign team.

• Ambernappe says:

And how many Republican state officers were elected during that time? No, Sue is not single handedly responsible for the recent wins but she has been a successful catalyst for the effort. She is capable, modest, sincere, and enthusiastic in her praise for others.

9. debbie0040 says:

Tricia is a fine person and a hard worker but I don’t think she is qualified to be Chairman of the Georgia GOP. I also think that Gov. Deal is pulling out all the stops to see that she is elected so he will run the GA GOP. The GA GOP does not belong to the Governor or any other elected official.

When Gov Perdue was first elected, the power was new to the activists. He selected Alec Pointevant as his choice for Chairman. Alec was well known to activists and well qualified, so activists went along with the Governor’s choice. After his first term, talk was Gov. Perdue was about to make his choice known. The grassroots reacted very negatively at that suggestion and Gov. Perdue wisely stepped back and allowed the grassroots to make the choice.

There is no tradition in the GA GOP that the Governor make the selection. There is tradition in the Democratic Party that the Governor makes that choice. Myabe that is what caused confusion about tradition…

10. PegM says:

If MS. Pridemore is so adamant about focussing on the grassroots, how come none of the grassroots save a few ever heard of her? Beside have raised enormous amounts of money for the GOP, and spent it wisely in an unprecedented GOP takeover of nearly every important elective office in Georgia (with still 1.5m in the bank), Sue Everhart is well known to just about every county GOP in the state. She has personally travelled this state to help the grassroots. I don’t even know what Ms. Pridemore looks like up until about a month ago, when rumors of her running produced photos of her on various places on the internet. As one single “grassroot”, I’m going to plant myself in the Sue Everhart garden and grow tall.

• Comfortably Southside says:

Grassroots is so 20th century lets be cool in the 21st century and call them tea partiers.

• Dagny says:

How about we just call them citizens? Everyone wants to call their people the “grassroots” as if they have the ‘real’ hard working people at the bottom, in the dirt, fighting of them. Just remember if you are the grassroots, then politicians are often the ones walking all over you. 🙂

It is really overdone.

11. SJC123 says:

We should all be very proud that Sue has raised the money, supplied the candidates with money, volunteers and assistance, provided the base for all to be elected. Gov. Deal should be concerned about State Government, the budget, keeping taxes low and creating jobs. His advisors would do well to steer him clear of a battle for State GOP chair. His attention should be focused in a different direction. Ms Pridemore should walk before she runs and find a slot so she could be helpful to Sue and supportive of all elected Republicans. We should never try to cripple members of our team. We need all the support we can get and we need to keep our workers motivated.
    In the case of Sue, she has been very very successful, so don’t knock success. She should be respected and praised for her hard work and dedication.

• debbie0040 says:

Why didn’t Tricia run Cobb GOP Chair? Why all of a sudden the big jump from District Chair in Cobb to GA GOP Chair. she has not even had experience running a county party and now wants to run the state party. Other chairs had a vast amount of experience in GA GOP politics before they ran for State Chair, even though all may not have served as county chair. The grassroots activists were very familiar with them as well. Shouldn’t she try her hand at running a county party before the big jump to GA GOP Chair?

It is humerous to watch people jumping to support or defend Tricia trying to curry favor with Gov. Deal.

There are some that have no dignity or self respect and just keep asking Gov. Deal how far he wants them to jump in order to curry favor . Really funny to watch. People are paying attention to that and chuckling…

• NorthGeorgiaGirl says:

Since none of the people on the list have publicly stated reasons for supporting her (at least that I have seen so far), it is a little premature to assume that the reason is to simply curry favor with Deal. I don’t think all of the people on that list are that shallow.

• debbie0040 says:

I was not referring to people on the list. Tricia is not well known to activists or had enough experience to run the state party. She would also allow Deal to run the GA GOP. He seems to think because he is Governor he should run the GA GOP.

• NorthGeorgiaGirl says:

Sorry, I misunderstood the your comments. I don”t know Sue Everhart at all, but it was my impression that she was Perdue’s choice, since the only person I heard rumored to run against her 2 years ago suddenly decided not to run and I never heard why. In any case, this should be a very interesting convention season. I haven’t been terribly impressed with the state party for a long time, so I guess it really doesn’t matter who’s in charge:)

• debbie0040 says:

Sue was not Gov. Perdue’s choice. If anyone told you that, they gave wrong information. Sue was the grassroots choice. Gov. Perdue was looking for someone as his choice to run against Sue. The grassroots allowed him to make the choice during his first term. When he was about to try again, the grassroots raised holly heck because they felt that should be their choice and he backed down.

Many people have not seen eye to ey all the time with the state party all the time, but we absolutely should not turn control over to Gov. Deal.

ARe you really a female or just a male that is trying to hide his identity?

• NorthGeorgiaGirl says:

No, I’m really female. I don’t know why you would assume I am a man??

I just know that someone else was going to run last time and somehow it wound up uncontested. That’s all. I am not convinced that it really matters who is in control. I am also not convinced that Governor Deal will run the party if Pridemore wins. In reality, I really don’t care who wins, because I will just support individual candidates no matter what the makeup of the state executive committee. I’ve never had a lot of use for the state party in general.

• debbie0040 says:

Gov. Deal and his close supporters told numerous people that he wanted to put someone that was “one of them” and that they trusted.

If he wants to reward Tricia for her hard work, then why not appoint her to one the hundreds of boards he has appointments to or give her a job in his administration?

• debbie0040 says:

I think it is a power grab by Gov. Deal. Tricia is an unapologetic loyalist to Deal.

Think about the power Gov. Deal would have if he also controlled the State Party. Candidates running for office would have to come to him to curry favor inorder to get the state party to assist them or give them money for their campaigns. Do we really want Gov. Deal or any other elected official having that power?

• Three Jack says:

come on debbie, deal is the defacto head of the ga gop already and sue everhart will not stand up to him any more than pridemore (see the last 2 u.s. senate races as examples of sue not challenging rino pols). it doesn’t really matter who wins between the 2 announced candidates…both will adhere to the ‘gop pledge’ while protecting currently elected gopers no matter their voting records. i’m really disappointed that these 2 women are the only people running as i was hoping for somebody from the tea party to step up. how about you or jbm?

• debbie0040 says:

Thanks Three Jack, but I don’t want my hands tied.

Just wait until you see the really though ethics legislation we will present at a press conference next Thursday. May rattle some cages….

12. GOPObserver says:

Who’s running Mrs. Pridemore’s campaign? It’s interesting that sitting GOP officials can endorse by title in party officer elections, but can’t endorse by title in primary elections.

I’ve only met Mrs. Pridemore once and she seemed quite nice and the inaugural looked to be run quite well considering the conditions. Shawn Hanley is also capable, but right now, this GOP activist is sticking with Sue.

• shep1975 says:

It’s party rules. At least for state officers, party officials must remain neutral in primary elections only. Party races are not mentioned in Party Rules at the State level. Local rules could be (and often are) stricter.

• NorthGeorgiaGirl says:

It’s also possible that some of them will be out of office by the time the state convention occurs and are not seeking any other office in the GOP this time around. I believe some of them may have had the help of Pridemore and the 912 project in some local campaigns.

I’m sure Sue is a great lady,and both Pridemore and Hanley did a lot during the campaign season, so it will be a very interesting convention.

• debbie0040 says:

all three of the people running for Chair helped a great deal. It is totally ridiculous to say otherwise…

• NorthGeorgiaGirl says:

I never said all three didn’t help. In fact, I said they all helped…I am just asserting that some people may line up behind one of the three based on personal help in local campaigns by one of them, not because of any personal dislike of the other two. Different people have different experiences based on where they live. Why don’t you run?:)

• debbie0040 says:

Not in a million years but thanks for the suggestion. I like helping good candidates and look out for the grassroots. We need watchdogs 🙂 I also like working with computers far too much to give that up..

You are right about them helping because they feel they “owe” someone something. sorry I got defensive toward you. I thought you were just a Deal flunky pretending to be a woman….

• NorthGeorgiaGirl says:

No offense taken. I have been an occasional commenter here for over 2 years…I kind of miss arguing with Jenny….but I only enter into conversations occasionally or I would never get anything done around the house:)

I had a lot of trouble deciding who to vote for in the governor’s race during the primary, and wasn’t entirely satisfied with any of my choices. At the end of the process, it was anyone but Barnes. I am personally sick of the entire establishment of the party…as someone stated above, no one in “party leadership” is willing to stand up to our two Senators when they do stupid things. I would love to see a state executive committee willing to take these folks to the woodshed publicly once in a while and help all of us hold their feet to the fire! I’m not sure that anyone willing to do that would win a contest for state chair, but it would a lot of fun!

13. macho says:

I honestly don’t care which of the 3 become Chairman, but I am amused by one line of reasoning. You’ve got one crowd saying that the GOP in GA had a banner year, so why would you throw out the GOP Chairman who presided over all those wins. The other side then says, well all those candidates would have won regardless of who was Chairman. But, aren’t you at that point basically saying the Party Chairman is irrelevant?

14. Jeff says:

Daniel N Adams for Chair!

Oh wait… wrong Party. 😀

Seriously though, I’ve yet to see a better Chair of any Party in this State than Daniel Adams.

15. GottaRun says:

I’d like to read less dawgin’ of one candidate and more about supporting a leader…like Shawn Hanley.

16. John Konop says:

Sue has a very strong staff which has done a great job. John Mayer is one of the brightest guys I have ever met in the system and is an expert on E-campaign marketing which is no secret by insiders. And with change and major disruption of staff you can kill momentum no matter who is in charge. At the end of the day most of the success is based on what happens in trenches by people like John, not the political BS spewed back and forth in a political maneuver like this. And the must talented like John always have many options personally but it could end up hurting the party.

Sue did a very good job surrounding her-self with the best and brightest no matter how you spin it. With that said, I have no idea what would happen with the staff no matter who wins. But from being in business and taking over companies the biggest mistake people make in my position is under estimating what the staff does. And with 12 quickly around the corner this could be a major screw-up by the GOP if not well thought-out.

BTW I would suggest anyone running for office talk to John Mayer and use him anyway you can. I have had only a few conversations with him at functions and was extremely impressed.