‘Georgia Women Vote’ Says Vote For Women Tomorrow.

November 29, 2010 12:19 pm

by Buzz Brockway · 23 comments

The Political Insider points us to this radio ad being run by ‘Georgia Women Vote.’ The ad asks women to go to the polls tomorrow and support women candidates. Specifically Toni Davis for Court of Appeals, and Tammy Lynn Adkins for Supreme Court.

Personally, I’ll be voting for Nahmias and McFadden but not because they’re men. I feel they’re the best candidates for Supreme Court and Court of Appeals respectively.

Nathan November 29, 2010 at 12:30 pm

I’ll be voting for Nahmias and McFadden as well.

Toxic Avenger November 29, 2010 at 12:58 pm

I like Amy Morton, but she really messed up with this one. I do not support either candidate that GWV is endorsing, but I also do not support Nahmias (he’s far too partisan for my taste).

I’m a big fan of McFadden, but not because he’s a man. Voting based off of gender is just as bad as voting based off of religion. I know many great female legal minds (Leah Ward Sears comes to mind), so we don’t have to prove a woman’s capability to anyone. But we also should not vote for a woman just to appease the diversity crowd.

B Balz November 29, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Does this comment make my butt look big?

Kellie November 29, 2010 at 7:30 pm

If you have to ask… :)

Machette November 29, 2010 at 12:32 pm

The spot is correct but you may wish to edit that synopsis Buzz.
Toni Davis is running for the Appellate Seat; Adkins for Supreme Court.

Buzz Brockway November 29, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Oops.

macho November 29, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Wonder if “GA Women Vote” is a big supporter of Palin.

I voted for Nahmias and McFadden, but can at least rationalize someone voting for Davis, but Adkins is a pathetic candidate.

Ed November 29, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Well considering their mission is to elect women in Georgia…probably not.

macho November 29, 2010 at 2:41 pm

You ought to look at their website before you co-opt their mission. Taken from the header of their website (emphasis mine):

“We can bring a change to this country, and, with your help, we will. You don’t have to be a political expert or have lots of time to have an impact. You just need to believe in the importance of women’s issues and commit to bringing them to the forefront of our national debate.”

Sounds like if they support any random woman for office, no matter their qualifications, they should be right on board with Palin. It would be about getting Georgia women “bringing change to this country” and voting for Palin.

MelGX November 30, 2010 at 2:14 pm

They don’t support “any random women”. As the name implies, Georgia Women VOTE! refers to women voters, who are the majority of the voting population. More often than not, they support women candidates, but only progressive women.

Perhaps Palin would merit consideration if she actually had a position on anything other than feeding that raging narcissistic personality disorder, but I doubt it.

Ken in Eastman November 30, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Gee, I wonder what “women’s issues” refers to?

It would be nice if the defined that aand do the women candidates have a record of supporting “women’s issues”?

If a group supported “men’s issues” I wonder how long it would be before some intrepid reporter did an expose? I think it would be pretty rapid.

Mike Hauncho November 29, 2010 at 4:42 pm

We should elect our judges because they believe in the rule of law and will uphold it, not because they support women’s issues or the issues of any particular demographic.

The qualifications for Mrs. Tammy Lynn Adkins (formerly Tamela Adkins) are few and far between. The fact that GWV supports her shows that they practice the very act that they seek to eliminate, discrimination.

Please support David Nahmias because he is qualified and experienced.

macho November 29, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Seems as if Adkins only qualification is that she changed her name on the ballot from Tamela to Tammy.

macho November 29, 2010 at 6:30 pm

It will be interesting to see how these candidates do tomorrow and gauge the influence of this vast organization.

seenbetrdayz, Ph.D. November 29, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Oh, I didn’t know Handel was in the runoff.

Lady Thinker November 29, 2010 at 7:59 pm

I am definitely going to vote for McFadden. As for the Supreme Court race, why vote for someone not interested in running a campaign?

Word November 29, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Have you looked at her qualifications? She’s a 499 divorce lawyer who has no business being a probate Judge in any county in this state and you are seriously thinking about putting her on the state’s highest court?

B Balz November 29, 2010 at 11:41 pm

Come see me at victory tomorrow night.

Lady Thinker November 30, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Huh? I’m not sure how you read my post WORD but I voted for Nahmias and McFadden.

BB,

I would love to but I teach college from 5:30 onward Tuesday through Saturday. Maybe next time?

SallyForth November 29, 2010 at 8:31 pm

New direction from Amy and the other same old people who’ve been calling the shots – Vote Woman! The feminization of the Democratic party in Georgia is another stupid idea, following hot on the heels of the 2010 DPG all-or-nothing bet on appealing to the A-A racial community. These idiots seem happy to use methods that result in nothing!

Here’s an idea: How about we encourage people to vote based on qualifications? Maybe then the voters of GA would believe that we actually have their best interests at heart.

Gerald November 30, 2010 at 9:41 am

And the qualifications of Sonny Perdue and Nathan Deal were what exactly? (Other than being corrupt do-nothings of course).

“2010 DPG all-or-nothing bet on appealing to the A-A racial community”

Well, the RPG’s all-or-nothing bet on appealing to the white racial community is working well. (There is ONE black GOP elected official statewide.) Good for the goose, good for the gander. Boy, you love lobbing stones from your glass house, don’t you?

saltycracker November 29, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Wow…..Voting based solely on the sex of the candidate…or if no choice the one who pledges alligance to women…….

Women for progressive reform in Georiga

Georgia Women VOTE! Action Fund, 360A Vista Circle | Macon, Ga 31204. Chair and Treasurer, Lauren Benedict.

saltycracker November 29, 2010 at 9:53 pm

allegiance – darn keyboard….must have been made in Macon by one of those many cult orgs around there……

Comments on this entry are closed.