Tom Price Elected Chairman Of House Republican Policy Committee

November 18, 2010 9:15 am

by Charlie · 8 comments

The new leadership positions for members of the Georgia delegation continue to stack up.  6th District Congressman Tom Price has been elected to Chair the Republican Policy Committe for the House.   His press release:

Washington, D.C. – Congressman Tom Price (R-GA) issued the following statement after being elected to lead the House Republican Policy Committee during the 112th Congress.

“It is with deep humility that I thank my colleagues for entrusting me with this leadership role,” said Congressman Price.  “Now we must begin earning back the public’s trust.  We must work diligently to remove barriers to economic growth, bring the budget into balance, rein in Washington’s excess, implement patient-centered health care reforms, and keep the country safe.  Getting the job done will take principled determination.  But I am confident that Americans will see our legislative efforts and know their voices are being heard again in Washington.

“As Chairman of the Policy Committee, I will work with all interested members of our Conference to generate bold policy initiatives and make a public case for their adoption.  We will be a valuable resource to bring Representatives together with coalitions who can assist in the formation of forward-thinking solutions.   And because legislators hold no monopoly on good ideas, the Policy Committee will also seek out the input of those outside of government with experience and insight into the questions at hand.

“I look forward to working with the rest of our leadership team and the entire House Republican Conference to put forward the common sense solutions Americans are hoping to see.  The House Republican Policy Committee will be an active forum for vibrant and innovative ideas in the next Congress.”

TheEiger November 18, 2010 at 9:34 am

Having Price in leadership is great for both the American people and the Republican party. We need folks in charge that can help generate good conservative policies.

Three Jack November 18, 2010 at 10:49 am

congratulations to congressman price!

Mike Hauncho November 18, 2010 at 11:38 am

Tom is one of the finest congressmen in the country. He is often overshadowed by louder, more attention hungry members but he is quitely leading our party and this nation in the right direction.

I predict Tom Price will be Speaker of the House in 2014.

View from Brookhaven November 18, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Agreed.

I think Price is an excellent Rep. and is certainly more interested in moving meaningful legislation rather than how much face time he can get on FNC.

Tiberius November 18, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Rep. Price is pretty loud in his own right.

Speaker in 2014? :) I don’t think so. I figure he’ll run for the Senate if Saxby retires in 2014. Look at his political resume. He has never missed an opportunity to move up the political ladder quickly.

saltycracker November 18, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Ti,
Maybe, but if he does it’s so long Saxby…

saltycracker November 18, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Doctor, doctor, give me the news – Sack Saxby

Dave Bearse November 20, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Maybe he’ll make it GOP policy to claim the party is tackling spending by eliminating programs that no longer exist. Just last month his top priority program for elimination was the no longer existent Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). What a way to offset tax cuts for the rich!

Comments on this entry are closed.