1. Senator Thompson,

Proper sign etiquette would not be for you to instruct your folks to put your signs “in front” of your opponent’s signs but to tell them to place them to the side of your opponent’s. If you’re going to block every one of your challenger’s signs then you mind as well pluck them up from the ground. There’s more to this story for sure.

Best of luck to Craig Prewett tomorrow!

• Jeff says:

eh, people put their signs out in front of other candidates’ signs all the time. Nothing new there, and I’ve seen both Ds and Rs doing it.

In fact, one local politician has told me stories of one particular candidate in the area who is apparently infamous for “sandwiching” his opponents signs – putting his signs both in front AND behind his competitor’s, so that the competitor’s signs can’t be seen at all. I haven’t personally witnessed this though, and this particular politician IS facing competition this time.

2. analogkid says:

You’d think Fox 5 could have spelled Prewett’s name correctly, given the fact that it appears on 100+ signs in the video.

3. ~M~ says:

I love that Thompson made it sound like Prewett was behind it, calling it “a desperate measure by someone trying to get attention.” Yeah, I’m sure that’s it Senator.

• Insider Mike says:

Ha! Yeah. As though it were normal for State Senate candidates to hire a creep to steal their own signs and pull knives on people.

Thompson would have been fine just stating that he has no connection with the guy. But claiming some conspiracy?? That’s just odd.

4. sndeak says:

And some idiot has been stealing Steffini Bethea’s signs in HD 106. So Harrell gets ‘pissy’ about his signs when nobody had been taking them and then his opponents signs get stolen. Nice.

5. saltycracker says:

It’s part of the great left wing conspiracy set by bad leaders

(Reuters) – President Barack Obama said on Monday he should not have used the word “enemies” to describe his political opponents as Republicans sought to make an issue of the comment a day before congressional elections.

6. The only disappointing thing is none of my signs were found in this guy’s van so the guy stealing my signs may still be out there. Prewett and I share a lot of the same territory.

7. elamour says:

One surprise I received was to find out the person who attacked me is a member of the bar in good standing (A LAWYER!!!)…