Dear Casey Cagle

We’re told on the tip line this ad is from the DPG, but I can’t confirm that information. Or even if the ad is airing anywhere. But since it’s against our always turgid Lieutenant Governor, it’s worth a look.

1. Melb says:

You know he is. As bad as this ad is, he is probably breathing a sigh of relief that it wasn’t about his sexual exploitations.

This is a great ad by the DPG! It is actually my new favorite after the Barnes cow ad.

• polisavvy says:

You know it, Melb. Of course, with eight days to go, anything can still happen!! A campaign can be won or lost in this time period.

2. macho says:

I wonder what demographic they were trying to hit with this ad. Since the final shot was a close-up of a woman with multiple earrings in her ear, it probably won’t play well with South GA swing voters. It’s probably an internet only demographic, which overall would be an edgier audience.

3. Weak. I bet I could show that to 1,000 people and all but maybe one would say, WTF?

People in this country can’t name the Vice President or the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and you expect them to see a picture of Cagle flash on the screen and know what this commercial is about? Give me a break boys. If you’re trying to help Carol out this is not the way.

4. Georgia Judge says:

Poor ad but hey when you have no messege or money what can you do?The real question about this race is will the spread be under three touchdowns?and if Porter will carry her own county?

5. View from Brookhaven says:

I wish Cagle would have stuck with that bid for Governor so that we could have gotten rid of him the same way we did Oxendine.

He’ll win by 20 or more simply based off incumbency/name recognition. I doubt you’ll find many honest Georgians who regard the legislative years led by him as anything other than a waste, a “do nothing” period, or a complete failure.

• If Deal wins, as it appears he will, then he is expected to be a one-term governor. The speculation, enforced by comments made by the Congressman, is that he won’t run twice because of age considerations.

If that’s the case, many folks will probably get an opportunity to express themselves about the current Lt. Governor in the ballot box at that time.

6. Progressive Dem says:

I hate to break it to you Pete, but that ad goes after Casy, Deal and the GOP, not just the Lite Guv.