Will Kristina Really Show Up?

I just got this email:

My name is Kristina. I’m a MoveOn member here in Georgia.

. . . . John Boehner—the new Speaker of the House if Republicans succeed in taking over—is coming to Centerville on Tuesday for a campaign event.

I’m planning to show up at this event with other MoveOn members and “thank” Boehner for standing up for big corporations—so that the media gets the message that Republicans are working for corporate America, not the Other 98% of us.

The event is in Centerville tomorrow—Tuesday, Oct. 19 at 4:30 p.m. Can you make it?

. . . .

If enough of us show up, we can get our message out to local voters. Hope to see you there.

–Kristina

Some enterprising college Republicans should show up and find out which one of the people is Kristina, or is this just nonsense spam from MoveOn.org.

Besides, protesting the protestors is always fun — particularly when they are commie wannabes like the MoveOn.org crowd.

1. macho says:

Because the evil Republicans might not provide her student loan relief, which will make paying them very difficult with a Doctorate in Philosophy.

2. View from Brookhaven says:

This could be the biggest thing to hit Centerville since uh…somebody help me out here…

3. sndeak says:

IF Kristina is a real person she should spend more time getting people out to vote instead of this useless ‘act’ of protesting. One more stupid thing that MoveOn encourages people to do. Wasted efforts…UGH.

4. Rick Day says:

Define ‘commie wannabe’ or GTFO.

Going beyond the horrid ‘moveon’ monikor, is her position basically correct or not, Eric?

Remember, you were a young stupid activist at one time too. Now, you are just…old.

*ducking*

5. Mullet says:

Now I could be wrong, but the event in question is in Perry not Centerville, wouldn’t want her to get all dressed up for nothing, someone might want to check me on this.

• ChuckEaton says:

I think MoveOn.com and Soros are busy protesting all of the international money that has been funneled into the Chamber of Commerce.

6. drjay says:

i guess i’d never though about whether kristina was real or not, i have always been impressed with the emails i get from moveon about such things, they seem mcuh more organized and tech savvy than any right leaning group that i get stuff from–of course i’ve never attended an event of theirs or anything, so i guess it could all be smoke and mirrors