Boehner Coming For Scott And Keown

From the Political Insider.

On Tuesday, the House minority leader holds a fund-raiser in Perry for state Rep. Austin Scott, R-Tifton, who is challenging U.S. Rep. Jim Marshall, D-Macon.

We have fewer details about a Wednesday appearance that Boehner is to make for state Rep. Mike Keown, R-Coolidge, who is mounting a surprisingly strong contest against U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop, D-Albany.

1. bowersville says:

And Pelosi not to be out done announces she and her family will be on a taxpayer funded flight back to LA.

Sorry Charlie.

• polisavvy says:

Could you believe it when it was reported last week that her and her family’s airfare cost us $2.1 million? That’s disgusting!

• Goldwater Conservative says:

Yeah, well Paul Broun spent over a million in direct mail campaigning from his congressional office. What do you want? Congresspeople to never visit their districts?

• polisavvy says:

Did you not notice that I said “and her family?” At her age, I feel pretty sure that her children are grown. Why should any of us be paying for anyone other than the elected official to fly to and from district? I know, I know. You are probably going to allege that I am ignorant like you did last week because I happen to have a different opinion than you; however, think about it. We elect the officials — we don’t elect the spouse and we don’t elect the grown children. She and her husband are loaded. If she wants the family with her all the freakin’ time, then pay for it yourself. Don’t make us.

• Goldwater Conservative says:

If I am not mistaken, and I may very well be on this point, the Speaker does not fly commercial. I believe there are reserved aircraft for the speaker as well as as few of the party leaders. It does not cost a penny extra to put a few family members on an airplane that does not charge a per seat of per person fee for airfare.

• Goldwater Conservative says:

What was it that you said that prompted me to call you ignorant?

Oh yeah, how you have motivated your reasoning to explain away democratic votes against the health care act as being electorally strategic (my words, not yours). Have you changed your mind about that or does the double standard still exist in the world according to polisavvy?

• polisavvy says:

No, I’m happy in my world. Perfectly adjusted, and thanks for asking. As for the strategy, I still feel that he did what he did simply for strategic value — if not, why hasn’t he said he will vote to repeal it. For that reason alone, I feel it was strategic. I tell you what, you can have your opinion and I won’t criticize, and, if you don’t mind, I’ll have mine and would appreciate your respecting that. We should just agree to disagree and remain as civil as possible, okay? It’s obvious you’re for Marshall and I’m for Scott. We won’t ever be able to agree on this particular subject.

• Doug Grammer says:

They don’t charge per seat, but the taxpayers pay for the whole trip. That does cost an extra penny. I think the question that should be asked is does each flight further the business of government or is this just a perk of being Speaker?

2. ACCmoderate says:

I thought Pelosi was from San Francisco, not Los Angeles.

If Mr. Boehner needs to perfect his Orange-Glo, there are plenty of spray tan facilities in Athens.

3. Goldwater Conservative says:

I am surprised nobody is clamoring on about how John Boehner is just another corrupt member of the DC establishment.

He is about as establishment as DC gets…but I guess it is ok since he is a republican and all. I suppose the tea partiers can through their convictions under the bus so long as they get the GOP majority they want. Afterall, it has nothing to do with values or principles…it is just another campaign designed to get people to the polls.