Huckabee To Campaign For Deal

Join Mike Huckabee & Nathan Deal
At the DeKalb Peachtree Airport
North of Downtown Atlanta
12:50 PM Rally
Thurs. Oct. 21
No Charge
Allow extra time for parking!

Follow the RALLY SIGNS when you
get to DeKalb Peachtree Airport
4115 Clairmont Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30341

1. GoingMobile says:

Wow, not even gonna leave the airport: “I’m here, I’m outta here”.

Great burgers at the Downwind restaurant, though

2. Quaker says:

Please, retain a modicum of personal dignity – say you’re voting Republican, not that you’re voting for Deal. If Deal is the best you can come up with, the pool of candidates must be as shallow as the man himself.

• Progressive Dem says:

“Personal dignity”? You must be kidding. That’s in short supply in the GOP.

This is a party that has adopted a brand defined by the mental midget that is Sarah Palin. In her likeness they have nominated: Chritine O’Donnel, Carl Paladino, Sharon Angle, Linda McMahon, Rand Paul, Ken Buck and David Vitter. Can someone hand me a vomit bag?

Although Nathan Deal is clearly challenged to see an ethical line, he has at least reached mediocracy with a stellar record of 18 years in Congress and not one important piece of sponsored legislation. Thanks for nothing Congressman. Glad you took personal advantage of the opportunity. Hmmm…that did turn out too good either.

• B Balz says:

Rep. Deal got a Medicare/caid law passed that prevents illegal aliens from getting millions in benefits.

Do Better!

• Harry says:

Will you volunteer to pay the hospital bills and burial costs of the victims of drunk drivers? Or the alcohol-induced medical expenses of the drunks? Or the costs of incarceration?

• Nope, I advocate for individual responsibility. The drunk drivers (or their insurance companies) should pay those bills. I’m a responsible adult who drinks responsibly. Your insinuation that nobody should drink because a few are unable to do so responsibly is absurd.

Prohibition with alcohol produced nearly the same results we’re currently seeing with marijuana. The last numbers I heard were that around 28M people within the US use marijuana on a somewhat regular basis. Clinton, Bush and Obama even tried the stuff at one point or another. The drug laws are so ridiculous that one can’t even grow hemp, which is used to make clothes, rope and twine and all sorts of other products. In 1942, the Department of Agriculture even encouraged farmers to grow it… “Hemp for Victory”.

But back to the marijuana – it’s created a black market which is run by gangs and mafia type groups. Marijuana is going to continue to be around… we can either legalize and tax it (make money on it) and punish those who drive while high… or we can continue to outlaw it and instead pay their medical, housing and food bills while we imprison them (spend money on it).

Prohibition of alcohol is what led to NASCAR… if you think alcohol wouldn’t exist simply because you outlaw it you may want to do a bit more research on the subject.

• Saw a quote the other day regarding the drug war which I thought was rather funny… I don’t remember it word for word, but it went something like this…

They say that marijuana makes you hungry, lazy and unmotivated. If I was a general and was leading a fight against the opposition in the war on drugs and they asked me who I wanted to go up against… I’d say I wanted the opposition to be hungry, lazy and unmotivated.

• polisavvy says:

I can be in “touch with the base” and still find humor in most things. I didn’t know that in order for a person to participate on a political blog meant that they needed to negate themselves from having a sense of humor. I apologize. I’ll try to do better — NOT!!

• Harry says:

My comment was directed at the vulgar and borderline obscene comment of romeguy. Not that I’m a supporter of Huck (I voted Romney) but Huck came in first in the GAGOP primary in 2008. To insult a plurality of Georgia voters may be “creative”, but not too smart politically speaking.

• polisavvy says:

Oh, Harry, please lighten up. This whole election process is becoming so depressing from the attacks, the negative ads, etc., that a little humor (tasteless or otherwise) actually may bring a smile to someone’s face or a little chuckle. It doesn’t necessarily mean a lack of respect or in any way an attempt to insult the voters of Georgia. I voted for McCain (had every intention of voting for Fred, but that didn’t get to happen).

3. Romegaguy says:

my apologies to you Harry. As Nathan Deal would say, I’m sure it was just a simple clerical oversight.