1. Samuel says:

Georgia needs Nathan Deal. Look at the facts:

Nathan Deal can make real estate values skyrocket faster than you can file an amended campaign disclosure form. I need Nathan Deal to make my real estate values go up!

Nathan Deal is for lowering income tax rates! Nathan Deal’s personal net income tax rate for 2006 & 2007 was right at 1%!
    Not bad for someone making hundreds of thousdands of dollars!
    I’m only making $58,000. I sure would love for my personal income tax rate to be 1%

I don’t care anything about slippery snakes! I don’t care about ethics! I don’t care about fading memories over millions in bank loans! I don’t care about Congressional investigations! I don’t care about which relative anybody forgot they co-signed for or guaranteed millions in loans for! I don’t care whether anyone knows whether they are a “passive” co-signer/guarantor or “active” business partner! I don’t care which LtGov. is on the Board of Directors that I borrow/co-cign/guarantee millions in loans for! It doesn’t matter if someone deliberately signs their resignation letter to be effective at 11:58PM on a Sunday night! I don’t care about gay bashing! I really don’t care about much other than my real estate values and the amount of personal income tax I pay! I just want my real estate to go up in value and my personal income tax rate to go down…..just like Nathan Deal’s!

Shady deal or crooked deal; I just want Nathan’s deal!

2. fishtail says:

Nathan had to go to Tifton to find a forensic accountant to cook his books for a third attempt to put some lipstick on his financial debacle. A forensic accountant is an expert at looking for criminal fraud, so at least Nathan is on the right track.

3. Samuel says:

Last bit of advice to help Nathan help me get my own deal.

It wouldn’t hurt if Nathan were to fire up his speeches a little bit….appeal to the Republican right wing base….that sort of thing.

Since Saxby is not running for anything (but cover) this year, I hear he has a great speechwriter on staff that he’s willing to loan out!

I know that worked great against Karen so it couldn’t hurt against Roy.

4. Chris says:

I believe him when he said he didn’t make any money when is campaign overpaid his charter service company. Deal clearly can’t run a profitable business (well, not without getting the state govt to force people to use his businesses).

18 years of experience in Congress. Just what Georgia needs.

5. GOPwits says:

Seriously – the man can’t run a private business to save his life. And are we electing Nathan Deal or Chris Riley to office? They seem to be one in the same in these shady financial arrangements.

This is a pair that just has to go.

• Romegaguy says:

Chris Riley? Isnt he the guy that was fined by the COngressional Ethics Office? Or is he the one that Deal got off of some felony charges while in College?

6. If for no other reason, this is why Roy Barnes is unfit to serve.

“When he was finally indicted, state prosecutors literally had to cut back the number of counts listed — from well beyond a thousand to slightly more than 200 — because they feared a jury simply wouldn’t believe the magnitude of York’s evil .…

How many unnecessary victims due to Barnes’ apparent appeasement?

We’re down to 3 candidates. One who has no job and is a speck in the polls. Another who had the job and his lust for power was dominant that from what I hear, he thwarted an investigation into perhaps the most notorious serial pedophile in U. S. history.

• Doesn’t matter. The only thing a positive word on this blog about Nathan Deal will reap a flurry of trash.

I won’t support a candidate who seemingly for political expediency attempted to thwart an investigation of one of the most notorious pedophiles in U.S. history. No matter what attributes Mr. Monds possesses, and I’m sure there are many, he is unelectable. Who knows what the Libertarian fellow would have done in similar circumstances. I certainly wouldn’t want to gamble on that.

Apparently you democrats are not too tolerant of those victimized by serial pedophiles who run a cult…. Not for me.

• Lady Thinker says:

According to another blog, the largest serial pedophile cult in the State of Georgia was prosecuted by Max Wood in the Macon area. Could this be the same offender?

I have spend one career arresting and putting pedophiles in jail and can and spending a second teaching students how they can do the same. The largest number of pedophiles seemed to belong to religious groups, like the one currently in the news in Lithonia. I despise and detest pedophiles and have come to believe they should all be invited to sample the lethal injection cocktail.

You have thrown out this “attempted to thwart an investigation of one of the most notorious pedophiles in U.S. history” with no links to the story, much like the deal posters threw out bogus sources written by Democrats as the absolute truth against Karen. The scare tactics worked to win deal the run-off but throwing out allegations like this without revelent sources won’t stick against Barness.

The fact that you “have it on good authority” means nothing unless you give a legitimate name and source that can be independently verified. I am sure the FBI and the Department of Justice would be happy to take your evidence and open an investigation. They love arresting politicans and would be governors, just look at the four out of six they have arrested in Illinois.

I am not a Democrat, regardess of what you believe, but as a lifelong loyal Republican, I cannot and will not vote for deal, so I will probably leave that line blank.

• MDokes says:

Please, the only time you voted republican was for Handel. You are voting straight ticket Democrat, you are not fooling anyone you pinko liberal.

MDokes,

You can’t construct a cohesive argument and have to resort to name calling. Since you don’t have my voting record, you are making up lies just like your candidate. dealsters love spreading lies just like your candidate.

Let’s see, deal was a Democrat, then a Republican; he “forgot” to mention he is part of a bankruptcy; he is charging his campaign to fly an airplane he owns; he “forgot” to mention a $280,0oo debt; he swept his “sweetheart deal” under the rug at the expense of taxpayers; and you wouldn’t know a fact if it bit you in the as_.

With the exception of the governor and the lieutenant governor spots, I will vote as I normally do, straight Republican. I cannot and will not vote a criminal into office.

• Who knows what the Libertarian fellow would have done in similar circumstances.

Our principled position on the what the proper role of government is; to protect individual’s rights from coercion, fraud and force… therefore, I think it very clear where we stand on this issue…. some of our more religious members would even go so far as state that “there’s a special place in hell for pedophiles” and rapist too, for that matter.

• Jeff says:

If I knew how to copy their graphic work, I would do it in a heartbeat. I’ve just spent my entire weekend making a website work on time, one more pic wouldn’t be a big deal 😀

• bowersville says:

Maurice, you are quoting from a wiki article that says “state prosecutors.”

If you knew anything at all about Dwight York, aka Malachi York and his 100’s of aliases and the Nuwabian Nation of Moors complex that was located in Putnam County you would know that York was arrested on Federal warrants that steamed from criminal activity from New York State to Georgia. That criminal activity resulted in York being sentenced to 135 years by a Federal judge following prosecution by a Federal Prosecutor. The convictions were Federal charges. [RICO(Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organization), Financial Reporting Charges and Child Molestation charges.]

Your linkage is absurd, but if you have information to the contrary you have a Federal Court available in your hometown of Macon that has a US Attorney with access to the FBI.

Political statements are one thing, but when you lump the Federal Court system, Federal Judges, Federal Prosecutors, the FBI and the GBI into your conspiracy theory you have stepped into an area that requires head wear consisting of a tin foil hat.

• I could give a rip about what court did what. The issue is, did Roy Barnes personally call Sheriff Sills and tell him to ‘back off”? I’ve heard on good authority this happened.

Additionally, it is quite factual that York hoodwinked quite a number of authorities. Macon Mayor C. Jack Ellis recruited several members of the cult and the Macon P.D and F.D hired them!

The bottom line in this is that Barnes, Brookes and Ellis all ponied up to York for political purposes. In that regard, he is unfit.

• spin spin spin… The case has been adjudicated. The pedophile is spending 135 years in prison. The fact is more than 1,000 women and children (as young as the age of 4) were molested and raped by this freak. I could care less which court did what. The system worked AFTER Roy Barnes was gone! Sheriff Sills was not quiet about his annoyance with Rep. Tyrone Brooks and Gov. Roy Barnes.

• Lady Thinker says:

Is it ethical for you to take the Bibb County Republican web address when they have asked you to stop? Are you the one who supported Karen before changing your mind at the last minute to back deal? If so, why? Just trying to gauge your ethical boundaries.

• I’ve owned the site for years. I’ve used it to promote Bibb Republicans in local elections. “Ethical”? What is unethical about buying a domain and maintaining it for years and providing a service to others? Funny, when one’s choice candidate is not favored, then they cry foul.

• bowersville says:

Then why didn’t Sheriff Sills arrest Roy Barnes? A Sheriff certainly has the power to arrest even the Governor with a proper warrant.

Surely, the Sheriff knew warrants are available through a Superior Court Judge and the Grand Jury will indict those that interfere with justice.

• Lady Thinker says:

Good point bowersville but I bet you don’t get a reasonable answer. I just read his letter where he declared he switched his support from Karen to deal and I can’t help but wonder if Maurice got a piece of the “sweetheart deal.”

• bowersville says:

I don’t know about that. My beef with Maurice is his tin foil hat theories lumping Federal Judges, Federal Prosecutors, the FBI and the GBI into his tin foil corrupt theories for political purposes.

• Lady Thinker says:

Have you noticed how easily Maurice fell into the dealsters method of posting lies with surly comments and name calling for his candidate?

I know and have worked with numerous federal agents on all levels and there is no way they would allow something like this to go on and ignore it.

Federal agents salivate when they think there is a case to arrest a corrupt police officer and they are absolutely estastic when they can take down a politican. Even President Richard Nixon was not immuned from federal agents with all his power and connections, so Roy Barnes wouldn’t have had a prayer against them if even an inkling of this were true.

Besides, deal would have heard the rumors way back then and he could/should/would have done something about it. Oh wait, was deal a Democrat back then or a Republican?

• bowersville says:

Malachi York, leader of the Newabians, was arrested in May of 2002 when Barnes was in office. Governor Perdue took office in January of 2003.

Maurice, I’m still doing my best to not call you an idiot.

• I’ve got numerous sources on my site. Pick and choose which one you want to pick apart. The bottom line, more than a thousand women and children were molested. According to the AJC writer of the book Ungodly, Barnes told Sills to back off.

• bowersville says:

Then take your book and sources to the Federal authorities, they are always interested in elected corrupt officials.

• ACCmoderate says:

Did you ever think that Barnes didn’t want Barney Fife interfering with an expensive and extensive federal investigation?

• Doug Deal says:

Maurice is misappropriating the name of the Bibb County Republican party and has also tried to extort money from them to buy the name to get him to stop posting.

This is apparently the kind of action you have to expect from a person that stabs a supposed friend (Karen Handel) in the back to back someone like Deal.

• Lady Thinker says:

I don’t see you denying Doug’s accusations. Are you misappropriating the name of the Bibb County Republican party and trying to extort money from them? A simple yes or no without dripping sarcasm or name calling is fine.

• bowersville says:

Everything for a price is that it Maurice? Capitalism crosses all borders as if you are the Bibb Republican Party.

Just a tad bit of misrepresentation of the authority of your tin foil facts by placing them on a domain called bibbrepublicanparty wouldn’t you think Maurice?

• Not at all Bowersville. The local GOP didn’t have a site and didn’t have the funds to maintain one. The prior site had expired. So, for several years I maintained a site that I put together (certainly not professional but it did the job) and provided information to any local republican who needed to get info out. The local party has since obtained their own http://www.bibbgop.com. Since my site maintained regular traffic and I had a substantial database, which I always provided to the local GOP, I decided to keep the site with noticable disclaimers. Feel free to browse the official site for detailed Bibb GOP happenings.

• fishtail says:

I went to this unprofessional and slanderous web site…lots of laughs…hope you don’t believe anyone with any sense would buy your bull crap.

7. bluedogdem says:

When/if the authorities ever get around to “reading his rights” to the Crooked Deal, if he doesn’t understand them, John Monds will be glad to explain them to him.

8. Jeff says:

Maurice is showing himself to be as big an idiot as BS, maybe even mroeso – which, IMHO, is saying quite a bit.

Maurice, when you’re ready to deal in reality and not insane conspiracy theories, you’re welcome to rejoin civilization. Until that time, you look even more insane than David Chastain – and again, this is saying something.

• ReaganRepublican says:

Jeff, calling someone else insane? Common man, there is a straight jacket with your name on it in Milidgeville.

• So Jeff, are you saying that Barnes, Brooks and Macon Mayor C. Jack Ellis were not coddling this pedophile? This heinous story is well documented. In fact, Macon Mayor C. Jack Ellis recruited these weirdos to Macon and actually hired them as police and firefighters!

I was called by a friend late Wednesday night informing me of this thing. I have simply copied and pasted exerpts from Olinski’s book and info from a website that chronicled the ordeal. I emailed another friend, Suzanne Wood, wife of the federal prosecutor who won the convictions. She confirmed the details and posted this on her FB wall, which is there at the present. “Max helped prosecute the largest child molestation case in GA history….no thanks to Roy Barnes….In the book, “Ungodly” by Bill Osinski, he documents how Roy Barnes tried to thwarp the investigation that cult leader Dwight York was raping children because Barnes’ friend Tyrone Brooks said it was all racial…..people’s true character is displayed when a hard decision needs to be made…..and Barnes FAILED……on Saturday”.

To me, it looks apparent that Barnes was simply coddling this thug for political purposes. She indicated that there is even a photo of Barnes with York in the book.

9. GOPwits says:

God help us all if Deal is successful in this campaign. He can’t manage his own finances nor his Congressional Office, let alone the finances of the State of Georgia.

The corruptions, ethical shortcomings, and possible illegal activity is just too much.

GOPwits,

I really think this thing the dealsters are trying to throw at Barnes is the same type of ilk they threw at Karen. deal won by 2500 votes and I am thinking “shady deal” is thinking it will work against Barnes and that is why his puppets are coming back on PP to post these lies and innuendoes. What say you?

GOPwits,

• Lady Thinker, No lies here. This is a piece of history you can’t and shouldn’t forget. Your best recourse should be to put your blinders back on, plug your ears and say lalalalalalalalalala…. It will all go away. You think Osinski’s book is bogus, that’s your choice. Check out these news stories http://www.rickross.com/groups/nuwaubians.html

It never happened, it never happened, it never happened…..

10. Jeff says:

Clearly, Maurice prefers pedophiles get slapped on the wrist by local good-ole-boy Sheriffs, rather than being sent away for 135 years by the Feds.

Considering that this is 1 year for every $1K $weetheart Deal paid his own company out of campaign contributions, I wonder if Maurice’s boy Nathan agrees with him that pedophiles should simply be slapped on the wrist?

• Jeff, it was the persistence of Sheriff Howard Sills that netted the conviction. So, are you calling Max Wood a kook as well?

F. Maxwell Wood, US Attorney for the Middle District of Georgia, called his office’s prosecution of York “without a doubt the most significant and powerful case I ever prosecuted.” Wood states that York’s cult and the criminal activities that it engendered “was an incredible instance of an individual manipulating large numbers of people. … The evidence was overwhelming.” Wood said Howard Sills, the Putnam County Sheriff who initiated the investigation of York and the Nuwaubians, “is one of the best sheriffs in this state. I think he showed a great deal of patience with that situation.”

11. Three Jack says:

first, great thread, love the fb thing.

but even funnier, maurice and the rest of the blind gop loyalists continuing to try and defend this idiot. raw deal is not going to be the next governor. he represents all that is wrong in politics today; career politicians who become dependent upon government handouts. voters across america have shown their collective disgust with people like deal and it is only a matter of time before ga voters follow suit.

• B Balz says:

You may be right, but unless the GA cities pour out votes, I doubt it. Fishtail, LOL, I was being trollish….

So many people get so visceral about this stuff, and most of them have never met or researched the people they are discussing.

What started out on PP as a ‘anybody but Oxendine’ turned into a ‘nobody but Handel’ lovers quarrel. One thing that most people say about Rep. Deal is that he is a ‘worker bee’ and does his research carefully. 30 years of services, and the stuff that comes out now is supposed to represent his career? Does not compute.

The ethics charges, after my research, seem immaterial (to me), or worse, politically driven. To me, the financial disclosures are not worry-some. I want a Governor who can get things done, as long as they generally make sense. Did Roy’s Northern Arc make sense?

Last thing, I despise so much of what the current GOP stands for, i.e. co-opted by religious views that are out of touch with what i care about. That KyleinAtl person got it right – Stay out of my business. The GOP may very well pull off huge victories this cycle.

You folks below the fall line may not feel the gravitas of the H20 issue in ATL, but it is real and must be addressed RIGHT NOW.

I will withhold my cheers and remain cautiously optimistic that National GOP wins don’t further muck things up. We did not get to this point because of the Dems.

• Three Jack says:

“did roy’s northern arc make sense?” hell yes! and it would be close to completion now if not for pandering perdueless.

• B Balz says:

I doubt that, threejack. You’d had even more ridiculous and defaulted loans made to people who gamed the system along every single intersection. More cars, no reduction in congestion and more pollution.

Along with tens of thousands losing their property so others would gain. More roads mean more traffic, every legit study proves that.

• Three Jack says:

no need to rehash the arc fight, but it would have been a huge boost to economic development for n. metro and helped to reduce traffic itp. i was and continue to be a big supporter of a limited access e/w connector.

• B Balz says:

Correct, no need to rehash a bad idea like the Northern Arc. (I was deeply involved with that project, it was just super for the RE community, developers, and that ilk. All of whom are BIG Roy buds…

GA Hwy 20 should be an E/W ltd, access route.

• Three Jack says:

narc was/is not a “bad idea”. widening ga hwy 20 would cost far more and displace more families/land owners. it was a great idea, but handled badly.

i was also involved heavily in the narc fight…i along with the majority of n. metro residents lost, natf won (then perdueless appointed natfers bowman, anderson and others to various boards…talk about cronyism). i hope roy tries again after winning in november.

• B Balz says:

Three Jack: What did you mean by this portion of your comment:

What is ‘naft’?

12. ZazaPachulia says:

It’s come to this… Nathan Deal is exposed for yet another corrupt action (this aircraft business stinks to high heaven).

Yet, Deal is still in the running because he has an ‘R’ beside his name and this is Georgia. Many people will vote for Deal out of ignorance and many others will find themselves picking the ‘R’-branded Deal out of cowardice and fear… Still there are some who actually support Nathan Deal’s candidacy vocally here and elsewhere (they must be partners in one of Deal’s companies). How are they supporting him now? By screaming about a Nuwabian cult leader who will die in prison.

Deal is bad for the state and terrible for the state Republican party. It is up to us to ensure that he does not waltz into the mansion on West Paces Ferry.

Also, since this thread is already sufficiently “jacked,” how about some posts about the other crook from Hall County in the running this cycle? I would not be surprised to see a front pager come out and endorse Barnes and Porter… I don’t know if any of them have that much room on their leashes — or the cajones required, but it really would not surprise me at this point. Most of the front pagers seem like fairly logical, forward-thinking folks.

I know I’ll be voting for Barnes and Porter (and Isakson, Crane, Olens and a mostly Republican down ballot).

• B Balz says:

Vote your conscience, and unless the cities pour out votes, you will join the other 45%. Rep. Deal may not be Karen-on-High, but that ship has already sailed into ‘outer darkness’.

Put her name on the ballot, engrave it onto your forehead, if that floats your canoe, but Ms. Handle joins the many that tried and failed. Like Roy, who will have a virtually impossible time overcoming the FACT HE WAS VOTED OUT OF OFFICE.

Hope springs eternal….Everything will be OK.

• Three Jack says:

you nailed it zaza. but i cannot vote for similar crooks with a different party letter behind their names. i will go for the libertarian candidate in most races…gov, lt. gov, u.s. senator, etc.

that said, i do hope this election serves as a wakeup call to those running the state gop. it is past time for members to make a stand against the same old crap (no offense sue, but you are part of the problem, not the solution). maybe by 2014 we will be able to get excited about the gop ticket again.

13. Mama_grizzly says:

The Deal campaign and the Georgia GOP can try to convince me all they want to that Barnes is the bogey man and that it will be Armageddon if Barnes wins, but I am not buying that . That is a tactic they hope will cause voters to hold their nose and vote for Deal anyway. They know that is the only way Deal has a chance at winning. I hope voters see through that and will not let Sue Everhart and the Georgia GOP insult their intelligence.

Deal will only embarass and hurt conservatives if he is elected Governor. The GOP controlled legislature can thwart Barnes.

I am writing in Handel’s name and then if it is a runoff, I will vote Barnes.

We have a GOP controlled legislature that deserves to have Roy Barnes as Governor. Know what? Maybe things will actually change and get cleaned up if the GOP loses the Governor’s mansion..

• B Balz says:

I doubt Rep. Deal will join the extreme and embarrassing Right, other than a pre-November cuzzy-up. The fact that the GOP will control all branches was a concern to me, but then somebody brought up the point that’s less of a problem in the State. I like separation of power and two Party rule over one Party in charge of it all.

D’ya think Roy would clean things up? We have systems in place, GDOT, DOAS, Committees, etc, whose methods and power supersedes the Office of Governor. BTW, I wish it were not so.

Until we have true campaign contribution reform, the same powers will insure the same control.

• Gary Cooper says:

Yeah, just like things were cleaned up and changed for the better the previous 120+ years that the Democrats – including 4 years of Roy – were in charge. Please Roy Barnes is no better than Nathan Deal.

This is not going to be a good election and we are basically taking the lesser of two evils. I know what a Roy Barnes governorship is like and it didn’t work. Deal isn’t great by any means, but he sure is the lesser of the two evils here.

• B Balz says:

I want to believe that next Gov. Deal’s work ethic, coupled with Speaker Ralston’s wisdom and grace (Lest we forget the House needed a bit of restoration…), will create synergy and a sense of teamwork to Georgia’s most pressing issues.

Add to it, our State’s largest city is lead by a new Mayor, popular in Atlanta and admired under the Dome.

What’s critical:

Budget.
        Jobs.
        Water.
        Transportation.

What’s gonna take a lot of time:

Redistricting.

Each and every voter ought o make sure their rep realizes that although the redistricting matter is compelling politically, there are at least FOUR more important issues.

“The time has come to put away childish things.”

• Lady Thinker says:

Can you apply the “childish things” logic to many of your posts? This one is pretty good, but some of the other ones, geesh!

14. Doug Grammer says:

Gov. Perdue agreed to repay his wife’s company, Perdue Inc., about $12,000 for use of the firm’s plane during the 2002 campaign.

This is the same type of stuff that Congressman Deal is getting hit with, except that he is paying for use of the airplane that he owns.

• Three Jack says:

oh doug, come on. he’s using campaign funds to pay a company he owns for charter air services. your guy walks a fine line between innocent and guilty (leaning heavily to the guilty side).

using the raw deal philosophy, every candidate should immediately start a sign, direct mail and travel company. then funnel campaign contributions to the their own bank accounts.

• Right… and the fact that Deal is spending more than 10 times as much. I’m sure the average Georgian can relate to spending $135k on chartering a 2002 Pilatus and 2006 Robinson in just over a year, right?

• Lady Thinker says:

Yes and those troopers could be working on the road. Barnes is does not have any troopers assigned to him because he knows they need to be doing real work.

Wonder why Barnes feels safe traveling around Georgia and deal doesn’t? Does deal think the feds won’t arrest him if the troopers are with him? Heck, they won’t interfere with the feds, they will drive him to jail for the feds.

• TPNoGa says:

LT,

Serious question: Who did you vote for Governor in 2002? Did you vote for Barnes or Purdue? If you did not vote to re-elect Barnes, why? If he was not good enough to re-elect in 2002, why is he acceptable today?

I am still undecided. I was also a Handel supporter.

• Lady Thinker says:

Okay, I will give you a serious answer. I voted for Sonny because I’ve always been a Republican and believe in our principles of less government services and fiscal responsibility, which I am starting to believe is a myth. Several of my friends are talking about writing Karen’s name in and I will either do that or not vote that spot.

Even thought I have talked about voting for Barnes, when it comes right down to the bottom line, I can’t vote for a Dem and I can’t vote “deal” into office because based on all I have seen and read, I truly believe he is incompetent to lead Georgia. Also, the dealsters with their name calling and bashing others pushes many of my group farther away from deal and toward Monds because they can’t vote Dem either.

So I am back to my conundrum, write Karen in or leave the spot blank because I won’t vote deal or Barnes.

• Lady Thinker says:

P.S. The dealsters will tell you they don’t need the votes from the voters that supported Karen, Johnson, Chapman, or Oxendine, because they think “deal” doesn’t need them. That naivety is what is bringing Monds into play, in my opinion, and prolong this election with a run-off. I don’t think the deal team is into unifying the GOP and it shows in their actions.

• B Balz says:

Makes sense in an “Alice in Wonderland” sort of mushroomy ‘down the rabbit hole’ way. I am starting to laugh uncontrollabajdjsfklweuruwjef dsVE

FAEJ OJ dsjfkljfwej wj ~control gaffawing~

“…the dealsters with their name calling and bashing others pushes many of my group farther away from deal and toward Monds because they can’t vote Dem either. …”

LT you put the icing on the cake, you really know how to make somebody laugh out loudlasdfj werpo pofkmeq vkoqewtvjmvda f…. ~must suppress laughter~

I hope your group has an interesting time seeing if there will be a run off. Your opinion to ‘write-in’ whossamajiggers is as quixotic, as it is wasteful of a vote. Unless you vote for Monds, who is, at least on the ballot. lslkfi#%#%pwef ~must not laugh out loud again!~

Supports the opinion of many, myself included, this this cycle could prove beneficial to the Lib Party. I hope they break 10%!

SEAGULLS

• Lady Thinker says:

Be careful BB, I injured your ego once and you are still pouting rather than discussing it and moving on. Don’t wanna make you take your toys and go home again.

• B Balz says:

SEAGULLS Clearly, you actually believe you are relevant. fijasoid fioeqjfoiwerhjv ifoihefwehf fn jkwenhfn fveljqgnmv jerfonvgnve ~cannot stop laughing~

• Lady Thinker says:

I am revelant BB, you are proving that by trying to tell me that I’m not. What was it you said the last time I bruised your ego? Something to the effect of, and I quote you on this,

B Balz August 8, 2010 at 10:02 am

……..”LT I am stalking you and want to date you, then cut you in half and clone you…….AND DATE YOU BOTH………LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL -KNOT”

Are you still in the mental ward or have they let you out for visitation?

• Lady Thinker says:

Then again, maybe you are learning you prefer to start this sort of behavior.

B Balz May 6, 2010 at 10:23 am

“I guess it’s easier to badger women than men.” Perhaps, but I don’t think either Polisavvy or Lady Thinker would put up with any off it!

Now, let’s get back to deal’s facebook status.

• B Balz says:

~literally astounded that you are so into me~

Nobody cares about what you think, m’dear. Certainly not me…. Get over yourself, then go away.

SEAGULLS

• Lady Thinker says:

You are the one posting to me so obviously, you care what I think and no, I’m not into you. I suggest you ignore my post and go away. Others care what I think so to you I say, “whatever.”

• Three Jack says:

from the wsbtv story — Deal fired back, “When he’s (Barnes) made millions of dollars as the former governor of this state, I’m sure he can afford to pay for it himself.”

come on deal, just call your buddies in the banking business and borrow some more money to cover security and ground transportation. you can start another company to make sure you personally benefit from the operation.

what a total loser!

• Lady Thinker says:

So what he is saying to the taxpayers is that it is more important to use our dollars by taking two people off the road who could be protecting Georgia, to drive him around rather than use his money to pay for his own expenses.

Wait, depending on what day he is talking, he has money, no he doesn’t have money, no the taxpayer money is his to do with what he will, like the “sweetheart deal” and the “pay for my airplane trips” because I am trying to get elected on your dollar.

Georgia will bankrupt in the first six months under deal.

• Lady Thinker says:

He needs money to pay for his financial problems. Do you think he has to pay for the troopers to go with him or do we pay those fares?

• Lady Thinker says:

According to some of McBerry’s last media comments, he should be suing us posters soon for costing him the election. Remember that?

• Lady Thinker says:

As are several thousand of us. What are you going to do Debbie? My group have been discussing writing in Karen’s name or leaving it blank. Wht do you think of those options?

• Isn’t it possible to spoil your ballot by writing in a candidate that did not qualify as a write-in? At the very most it counts as a “No Vote,” which is the same as leaving blank. Talk about wasted votes…. this sends no message at all.

• Lady Thinker says:

I can’t vote for a possible crook (deal) and I’m not a Democrat, so the message is the GOP doesn’t have a viable candidate to lead the party.

15. debbie0040 says:

You Deal supporters need to lay off Lady Thinker because she does not like Deal. There are thousands like her that feel the same way and you just make matters worse.

In fact, Deal has done nothing to reach out to the Handel supporters other than basically saying, “Here I am, come support me-I am better than Roy Barnes.” He assumes all that support will just come his way after the bitter campaign and the way he was dishonest with his disclosure forms. What you see with Lady Thinker is just the tip of the iceberg . Deal and his supporters had better change their tactics and fast and not assume that support will come his way.

I know a lot of people have told me that they are planning to either vote Libertarian or write in Handel or Johnson’s name .

• Doug Deal says:

Debbie, you are completely right. I have had private conversations with people who are going over the deap end supporting Deal who came from other camps (Handel, Johnson and Oxendine) and none of them support Deal all that much. It’s all about wanting to be on that short list for a Governor’s appointment for the promenent ones, or our team/your team nonsense for the grassroots people.

If someone is going to do a protest vote, the better thing is probably voting for Monds. Voting for an unqualified write-in will not be counted, but voting for Monds will send it into a runoff, and if they get 20%, it means another party can run primaries and have candidates run without petitioning in every legislative district and county race.

Despite what Amendment 1 says, competition is the best competition.

• Lady Thinker says:

AThanks Debbie and DD. The dealsters and deal have basically said they don’t need Karen’s 49.5% of the run-off votes because deal got his 50.5%. What they don’t realize is that some of Karen’s voters will hold their nose, close their eyes, and vote for deal, but many will openly vote for Barnes, Monds, write-in Karen’s name, or leave the spot blank. These are the voters deal is tossing to the wind and saying, “Go away, we don’t need you.” A well known statement is “pride goeth before the fall” and that pride will be deal’s undoing.

16. B Balz says:

Certain contributors over time add a flavor to a blog. They post points of view that are grounded in reality, experience, and practicality. Over time these folks become a pleasure to read because they offer actionable information.

Others, not so much.

Overblown egos, inflated sense of self importance, and flat out bat-scheissen crazy contributors either get cast into ‘outer darkness’ or are ignored. Sometimes the latter becomes difficult, as idiotic posts beget more lunacy.

Frankly, if a serious statewide, grassroots campaign of GOP voters were to organize, gather resources to advertise, and offer ideas that resonate with a significant voter bloc, any pol would be foolish to ignore such a group.

Any group that thinks they can stealthily change an election outcome by forcing a run off is like an impotent, childish, gang. Anyone seriously advocating that a write-in candidate may force a runoff is too absurd to waste another byte rationally discussing.

Constant repetition of sullying language, unrealistic, fantasylike points of view make both the contributor and the blog less credible. Such contributors become tedious, annoying, and much like the toddler with whom no no boundaries are shown; show petulance and bad behavior.

Ultimately, the usefulness of a place like PP is diminished. Many here believe PP is a reliable method to broadcast an idea to lawmakers. While there is virtually no proof of this fact, many believe more than 33 folks are viewing PP, and many of those folks are the ones that run State government.

A group of die hard supporters of a ‘primaried’ candidate ‘doth know themselves slendorly’, if they believe they can force a run off. Creating a run off is a costly, unpopular and childish tactic.

I for one, cannot quietly sit around and not challenge the utter and monumental stupidity of such a tactic. But then, I am just one contributor.

Vote your conscience, everything will be OK.

• Doug Grammer says:

Do you mean people who refer to themselves in the third person? If so, Doug Grammer says “Whatever.’

• polisavvy says:

Oh goodness, B Balz. I certainly hope that your diatribe was not directed at me. I know I may not always express myself in the least amount of words; but, I do try to sound as if I know what I’m talking about. I don’t preach crazy crap (or at least try not to do so).

• B Balz says:

(After a quick glance of this thread, I see Polisavvy’s ONLY entry is the one directly preceding this.)

Polisavvy, why would you feel my point of view (diatribe) was in any way remotely directed toward YOU?

Are you planning to join a mysterious group, numbering in the thousands, who will waste their votes by writing-in a nonexistent candidate?

Now and again, I write points of view that more experienced, wiser contributors quickly point out as ‘crazy crap.’ I try not to take it personally, as I hope any other contributor would not. I would call it edgy, yet, constructive criticism.

Day after day, reading harsh, essentially untrue and mean-spirited, diatribes about potential Governor Nathan Deal is just plain aggravating.

Definition of DIATRIBE
            1 archaic : a prolonged discourse
            2: a bitter and abusive speech or writing
            3: ironic or satirical criticism

I have stated, many times, this ought to be about ideas and not personalities. Some of the folks here know each other and they can get prickly, but that is the exception.

• polisavvy says:

Hold on, B Balz. I was not slamming you in any way. I was actually complimenting you. I agree with your post. I was just hoping that I did not fall into the category of ego, feeling of self importance, or crazy. I’m probably one of the most honest, down to earth people you’ll ever meet (maybe at the next Roadshow — I will be there provided it’s not 11/2).

As for the word “diatribe,” I was meaning that it was lengthy — perhaps I should have just said that. You and I may not always agree; however, there appears to be a mutual respect between us. As far as joining a “mysterious group,” well, hell no, I’m not. I march to my own drummer — not a follower, never have been. I actually voted yesterday. I did not skip a single position. I did not waste my vote on a “write in.” I just voted. Was I happy with ALL my choices? Absolutely not. My feeling is that if people are going to just VOTE AGAINST someone instead of VOTING FOR someone, then why bother?

17. BluesHarp says:

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of
men living together in society, they create for
themselves in the course of time a legal system that
 authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it”
    Frederic Bastiat – The Law

“A government,for protecting business only, is but a carcass,
    and soon falls by its own corruption and decay”
    ~A.B.Alcott

“Power does not corrupt men; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power.” – George Bernard Shaw

“Corruption is authority plus monopoly minus transparency.”
    – Unknown

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” – John Kenneth Galbraith

“In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile.”
    Hunter S. Thompson