Dale Peterson (of Alabama, no less) wants a word with you. Yeah, YOU, buster.

Dale Peterson of the great state of Alabama, which I’m told Georgia shares a border and who had several memorable campaign commercials earlier this year, is back to open a can of whoop-ass.

Consider this an OPEN THREAD.

1. polisavvy says:

All I can say is, “WOW!” You have to admit that it is terribly thought-provoking and there’s a whole lot of truth to it.

• LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

You’re joking right? The guy’s an idiot, lost his primary race, and embodies the concept of “All style; no substance.” That’s the reason why we have so many fools running this state and the nation.

Hey, I like R. Lee Ermey, but I wouldn’t vote for him based on his personality.

• polisavvy says:

I don’t care for the approach; but, I did hear the message. He said what a lot of people are thinking. I never said I’d vote for him, did I? I just happen to agree with some of what he said. You may be in the minority on this one, Loyalty. He apparently delivers a message that people like.

• Lady Thinker says:

Nah, pass. I’m a born and bred Georgia girl like the Scarlett O’Ohara type. To quote the Sinatra song but taking liberties,
          “I’m doing it my way.”

• gatormathis says:

Frank Sinatra….a story about his passing is in the May 25, 1998 issue of Time magazine….he is standing tall on the front cover page, fedora hat and all………..they put my picture in that issue way back on page 56……..go figure…..

• Lady Thinker says:

Wow! I’ll have to see if I can find an issue at a library or other media outlet. I’d like to see page 56.

• polisavvy says:

Rick, I never said I’d vote for him and I certainly never indicated that I wanted to move to Alabama (of all places). I simply said that I like what I heard and that his message contained a lot of truth to it. I’ve lived here for 50 years and plan to die here. I love Georgia — warts and all!!

• polisavvy says:

As an aside, why is it that every time someone says something about any one from any other state that someone on here wants to show you to the state line? I don’t get that mentality.

• AubieTurtle says:

Come on… that attitude is part of being a Georgian. “Delta is ready when you are” is practically the state motto.

• Lady Thinker says:

In addition to Alabama, there are people who think that way about Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, and to some degree, South Carolina. Florida seems to get a pass.

• ACCmoderate says:

That’s because Florida isn’t part of the south. Notice how the Jersey Shore cast seems to fit in perfectly?

Florida is a giant swamp that’ll be underwater if global warming has its way. That’s why I support increased carbon emissions.

2. perimeterprogressive says:

I find it funny the RGA has to get someone from Alabama to tell us in Georgia how to vote. Come on, Alabama? Most of the Georgians I know wouldn’t look too kindly on that. We want an elephant telling us bulldogs how to vote in November?

3. Gary Cooper says:

Awesome ad and I do love the one he has about Roy Barnes. On a side note, do you notice how eerily similar his voice is to that of Zell Miller?

4. ACCmoderate says:

So I’m supposed to trust the opinion of Dale Peterson. Pardon my theft of his catchphrase, but Dale doesn’t give a rip about Georgia… that’s why he lives in Alabama.

If you don’t live here, don’t poke your nose into our elections and tell us who we should vote for. Plus, the last front-running GOP candidate that ran with heavy support from Alabama didn’t do so well when voting time came around.

I might respect it more had Peterson actually won his campaign. But he didn’t. Peterson is no more serious a political figure than Basil Marceaux… luckily the gubernatorial candidate from Tennessee hasn’t injected his opinion into this race (yet).

5. Rick Day says:

I bet he still has every one of his G.I. Joe dolls.

Here come The ProtoCandidate™ of the ‘new G.O.P.’, cockin’ his old man rifle!

White Alabama Law Enforcement Marine Veteran. Take that show to SW ATL, bra. They will show you how to roll.

6. hannah says:

If you’ve got spare time, it would be better spent giving a listen to Keith Olbermann’s deconstruction of “small business.” Koch Industries, run by the fourth and fifth richest gents in the nation just happens to be one. Why should you be interested? Koch is now the proud owner of Georgia Pacific and responsible for closing plant and laying off workers.
    Also, Koch is part of American corporations sitting on over $3 trillion in cash which they are refusing to invest.

7. Red Phillips says:

That this guy lost his election in Alabama is a travesty. I love this guy. I don’t really buy the idea that if we elect Republicans everything will be better, but I love the iconography this guy represents. This is us yokels in flyover country sticking a thumb in the eye of Big City Elitists everywhere.

BTW, to those above, this is not about an Alabamian telling Georgians how to vote. It is a generalized get out the vote message. Peterson is being a good GOP soldier and ingratiating himself with the party. I suspect he plans to run for something again.

• AubieTurtle says:

Sorry bamaboy, but Georgia is a coastal state and home to the busiest airport in the world. Red or blue, this isn’t flyover country.

• Red Phillips says:

I’m not from Alabama. I’m from Georgia, and as far as the Elites in DC, New York, LA, etc. are concerned, Georgia IS flyover country, and we should all be dang proud of that fact. The day Georgia quits being considered flyover country by the Bi-Coastal Elites is the day we might as well just pack it up and go home.

8. ACCmoderate says:

This is all just an elaborate ploy by the state of Alabama. They wan’t Nathan Deal elected governor so they can continue to steal our water. Don’t you see what is happening?! Dale Peterson doesn’t give a rip about Georgia… he gives a rip about more water for Alabama and leaving us to wilt.

• AubieTurtle says:

Deal, Barnes or Monds, it doesn’t matter who gets elected, on the issue of water Alabama has pretty much won the war. The only question now is which one is best suited to lead the state to deal with the consequences of our poor water situation.

• ACCmoderate says:

Well in that case, who has the military experience necessary to successfully lead us in our invasion of Tennessee?

Dang, should have voted Poythress.