Deal’s Daughter Pens A Letter Defending Her Family.

Via the Political Insider. Click here to read the entire 3 page letter.

One comment: She mentions “bloggers” saying this and that when I think she’s mostly referring to those who comment on blogs and at the AJC. People commenting anonymously say things without the restraint of ever having to face those they are commenting about. I (and all the other Peach Pundit front pagers) blog under our own name and right or wrong we are held accountable for what we write. While Deal should be scrutinized for what he’s done, some forget there are real people out there who have been drug into this without asking to be.

Here’s a bit of the letter:

I didn’t realize the severity of the financial situation that my parents are in until recently. Now before you attack me on this, the reason for that is because it was never my business until the paper made it my business. What my parents choose to spend their hard-earned money on is their business, not mine and definitely not the media’s. I personally feel that this situation should have never been made public, however, the irreparable damage has been done. One blogger on the AJC questioned how the other siblings felt about this mess. So to answer the question I’ve been asking myself of where does this leave me financially, I can only say that I don’t know. I have struggled the past several days with my feelings on the topic and have concluded that it just doesn’t matter. What matters to me is surviving this political nightmare with my family intact, despite the media’s attempts to make sure that doesn’t happen. While I’m not pleased with what has happened in my family’s business dealings, I am more displeased at the attempts to turn the issue into an attack on my dad’s morals and ethics. Someone please explain to me how guaranteeing your lifelong earnings to support your daughter’s valiant attempts at a business, survive or fail, is an ethical wrongdoing?! Perhaps I’m ignorant because I don’t understand how that can be taken as anything but humble and selfless. My parents have always done without so that we could be provided for…not spoiled…but provided for. I will agree with all you naysayers that this venture goes way beyond what I can even contemplate in my tiny income-earning mind, so it does seem huge. However, my parents made this decision together to invest in my sister’s business. It was not and is still not anyone’s decision but theirs. I believe that no one is entitled to tell anyone else what to do, where to live, who to be, or how to spend their money…not me, not you, not anyone.

1. ZazaPachulia says:

“While Deal should be scrutinized for what he’s done, some forget there are real people out there who have been drug into this without asking to be.”

Who “drug them into this”? I would say Mr. Deal did. Had he not decided to run for governor, his family’s finances would have remained private.

• I wouldn’t say it’s open season on his family. I try not to comment on the decisions made by Mr. and Mrs. Wilder. I try and keep my comments on the wisdom of Deal investing any amount of money in a two story 12,000 square foot outdoors store in Habersham county selling $800 knives, $4,000 fishing rods and $10k guns. Maybe it’s just me, but I just don’t see much demand in Habersham county for this type of place. Had they started with a much more modest 2,000 to 3,000 square feet of retail space in an established shopping center and focused on lower cost items they might have had much more positive results.

From what I’ve read they were also sued by The North Face due to non-payment of bills. They apparently now owe The North Face roughly $42k.

• CobbGOPer says:

If she didn’t want to be involved with her dad’s political career, she and her husband shouldn’t have begged him to invest in their business.

• hannah says:

Money being a public commodity, it’s use is never private. Moreover, when other people have committed money to a project, it’s doubly not private. Deal accepted money from other people and promised to pay it back. So did his daughter and son-in-law. There is not privacy in financial dealings, especially when public records are involved. It’s the same principle which applies when individuals register their marriage. If they want privacy, they shouldn’t publicize their relationship. On the other hand, if registration of private partnerships is afforded some people, the Constitution requires that it be afforded equally to all.

2. View from Brookhaven says:

I’d suggest she stay away from political blogs right now much in the same way that I’d suggest Mark Richt’s children not listen to sports talk radio right now.

3. ACCmoderate says:

Politics is always going to be personal. No reasoned individual has qualms with Mr. or Mrs. Wilder and none of us think that they are failures because their business went under. Heck, in this economic climate, a lot of people’s businesses have met the same fate.

People are incredibly justified in being upset at Nathan Deal. Not only did he demonstrate his financial imprudence by investing such a large amount of money in said business, but he tried to cover it up in order to avoid negative press. When word finally did leak, he played the victim and said it was the media’s fault. That right there is a lack of leadership, and its not becoming of a potential governor.

In addition, all the secrecy out of the Deal camp when it comes to his finances makes things like his release of only the cover pages to his tax returns look even more suspicious.

I’m not voting for Nathan Deal. I wasn’t going to vote for him in the first place. I had him as a Congressman and was never that impressed. However, I know a lot of people who were going to vote for Nathan Deal until this broke. By not being upfront, accountable, and honest, Nathan Deal has shown he isn’t a leader… he’s just another politician.

I sincerely hope that Nathan Deal is never elected to any office in this great state that I so dearly love.

4. Andre says:

To quote the character Sam Seaborn from the NBC political drama The West Wing, “When I write something, I sign my name.”

Hurling snide comments and incendiary rhetoric from behind a computer screen using mysterious pseudonyms knowing that you’ll never be held accountable for your words is cowardly.

Quite frankly, it is shameful that this nation’s political conversation has devolved into a shouting match from a bunch of chickensh*t pansies cowering behind a bunch of less-than-creative screen names.

Andre Walker

5. Velasco says:

“I (and all the other Peach Pundit front pagers) blog under our own name and right or wrong we are held accountable for what we write.”

In no way are y’all held accountable for the ridiculous things that get posted here. Nice attempt to legitimize yourself though.

• Andre says:

Have you ever received a call or an email from an elected official upset with something you posted online?

Have you ever had an elected official or candidate refuse to speak with you simply because you posted something negative about them online?

I have.

I’ve had a state senator tell me to my face that he doesn’t like my blog.

I get emails from folks all the time who agree or disagree with something I’ve posted online. I’ve been chastised publicly for what I’ve written online. If that’s not accountability, I don’t know what is.

• ZazaPachulia says:

If anonymous commenting is so bad, why allow it?

I agree with you Buzz… Not on most things, but on the anonymous commenting thing. In fact, on my Web site, I don’t allow anonymous comments. I require a real name and a phone number or email for verification. What’s stopping you from taking that step?
          Hell, it works for Facebook.

That being said, I’ll remain at least partially anonymous until you change things. Some of the front pagers already know who I am.

• polisavvy says:

Yes, they do and for that reason we should get them to put us in touch with each other. I really want to meet you, Zaza. Granted we haven’t always seen eye to eye, but we do seem to respect each other. As for anonymity, I will get the guys at Pundit to change me to my real name on November 3rd.

• Velasco says:

I can see and appreciate the irony just fine, Buzz.

For the sake of time – I will give just one fine example.

“The nation loses the only goat f****** child molester ever to serve on the Supreme Court”

The quote is a tweet – but there was a subsequent post on the front page of PP regarding the same. This blog has a lurid history of posting asinine comments with zero regard for “journalistic integrity”.

That is fine. This is a blog – not a legitimate news source. But don’t try to play the other side of “we are held accountable for what we write.” If a journalist ever wrote that – they would lose their job and their career would be over.

Your ringleader wrote that, and many other posts just as egregiously bad. Now he has a book deal and a CNN show.

6. inlimine says:

I couldn’t get past “I personally feel that this situation should have never been made public, however, the irreparable damage has been done.”

Cry me a river. She sounds about as shady and self-dealt as her daddy.

I await the coronation.

7. NoTeabagging says:

Katie whines about these attacks getting “personal” . Was she on tour while Nathan rabidly attacked Karen Handel and other fellow GOPers?
    As an actress, she should be more sensitive to her Father’s personal attacks on gays and his homophobic attitude which he was slinging in the early campaign while avoiding giving us a clue how he would handle real issues. Your Father started the personal attacks, unfortunately, you have to live with him. The rest of don’t have to vote for him.

8. “I believe that no one is entitled to tell anyone else what to do, where to live, who to be, or how to spend their money…not me, not you, not anyone.”

That is except gay people and women who would like to determine their reproductive choices.

• Lady Thinker says:

“However, my parents made this decision together to invest in my sister’s business. It was not and is still not anyone’s decision but theirs. I believe that no one is entitled to tell anyone else what to do, where to live, who to be, or how to spend their money…not me, not you, not anyone.”

Oh puleezeeeee! It BECOMES OUR BUSINESS when he runs as a public official as to how he handles his personal finances because he wants to handle Georgia’s taxpayers’ money. Since he can’t handle his personal money responsibility, he sure won’t be able to handle our money responsibility. Don’t vote the bum in and we won’t have to wonder if and when he may be mishandling of ours.

9. perimeterprogressive says:

I would have been much more impressed and sympathetic with her if this letter hadn’t first hit the news lines because of the paid tweeter for the Deal campaign tweeting it out. It makes it seem like Deal’s campaign asked her to do this. (I don’t know if thats true or not. Thats just what it seems like.)

10. CobbGOPer says:

And don’t try to change the subject here. Who cares about anonymous posting? The Chinaman is not the issue. The issue is Nathan Deal’s apparent inability to be honest with anyone. Ever.

But on the anonymous posting thing, please, go ahead and require everyone to post their real names on PP. Your readership will decrease immensely, since only five or six people will ever be allowed to post anything.

• Doug Grammer says:

CobbGOPer,

I wouldn’t want to wish death on anyone using my real name either. Still rooting for the heart attack?

• Lady Thinker says:

Or many will use fake names like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Al Capone, etc. Now that could be entertaining.

11. polisavvy says:

At the end of the day, I feel for the children of politicians. They weren’t elected and had no choice as to the occupation of their parents. The kids of politicians are, for the most part, innocent victims to whatever their parents may do or may have done. They are opened up to criticism and ridicule. They didn’t ask for this type of life. They were either born into it or raised in it. They had no voice or say. Seems terribly unfair to attack the children of a politician regardless of their age.

• Gerald says:

At the end of the day, children of politicians receive a lot of benefits and have a lot of doors opened for them in life that most children – including children that exceed them in ability – do not have. There are a lot of children that are exposed to a lot more “unfairness” than the progeny of politicians.

That said, it is disgraceful the way that the AJC and the liberal media is going after Deal’s family just because they want Barnes elected. It reminds me of how the media did the same to the Reagans, Bushes and Palins. However, Deal has been a politician for an extremely long time. If he didn’t want his children held up to this sort of scrutiny, he should have either kept his nose clean, or restricted his political ambitions to representing that safe GOP seat. At the very least, he should have gotten out in front about this stuff and dealt with it as soon as he won the GOP nomination. He should have done an “information dump” the very day after Handel conceded (or at least done it at 4:59 PM on the very next Friday). And now it looks like Deal is trying to hide behind his kids instead of protecting them? Please.

Also, politicians use their families as props. Deal is one of them. How many times have we heard from the Deal campaign about what a great father and husband he is, and how he is the embodiment of conservative Georgia family values? By contrast, politicians who are unmarried and/or childless get bashed all the time. Remember the ugly stuff that was being said about Handel because she didn’t have kids? You don’t think that Deal supporters weren’t behind at least some of that?

Any way you slice it, the Deal mess is a very bad example for how the kids of politicians are victimized. Deal’s kids were more than willing to accept the benefits of having a powerful politician for a father, and they have also been willing to be used as campaign props and political cover for their father as well. I didn’t agree with Glenn Beck’s vicious racist attack on Obama’s daughter, but he was right in pointing out that Obama should never have tried to hide behind his daughter to help his poll numbers over the oil spill crisis in the first place. The same goes for Deal.

• polisavvy says:

I understand where you’re coming from, I really do. I just wish that the children of politicians could have a say into the actions of their parents; but, unfortunately they can’t. They inherit it. With that inheritance comes ridicule. I will always feel that the children of politicians should be off limits. The wives, not so much.

• Lady Thinker says:

Exactly! deal uses his grandkids as props in his ads and his kids don’t seem to mind that. They are upset their dad got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Well, if you kids really want your privacy, don’t put yourselves in the limelight and keep YOUR kids out of the political ads.

12. MiddleMiss says:

Some of the comments made about this issue are certainly hurtful to the family. But here’s the situation. Nathan Deal is running for Governor and it appears he did not disclose financial information that he was required to disclose. That’s relevant. I’m sorry. I agree that it is no one’s business how people spend their money, etc. Honestly, I think all the comments about whether or not this family business was a good investment are silly (“maybe they should have gone with a smaller scale store,” etc.) But if you are going to run for Governor and fail to disclose necessary financial information (like millions of dollars in debt about to come due), THAT becomes news and it’s fair for voters to be talking about it.

13. NoTeabagging says:

Katie Deal is an actress. One of her favorite, and well known roles, is playing Patsy Cline in several touring musical revues. I can just hear her twanging out “Crazy” right now!

14. Kari Cronan Duckworth says:

Guess what people……I am no longer KariDee……I am saying right here and now that I am very proudly the daughter of Ken Cronan and very proudly a supporter of his business partner Nathan Deal. I would also like to commend my very dear, lifelong friend Katie for the heartfelt letter she wrote…..I would expect nothing less from her.
    What has angered me so, during these long months of grueling campaign is the distortion and flat out misrepresentaion of facts. It has been a constant since the beginning……but has gotten much worse.
    So, let me tell you what I know for sure. Nathan Deal and his family are good people. Nathan is an honest, God fearing, patriot who deserves and receives the utmost respect of people who actually know him. He has served this state and this country selflessly for most of his life and has a solid record behind his name.
    I know there are some of you on here who will take what I have written here and tear it to shreds………but I don’t care. I know facts. You know stories that have been distorted for the purposes of politics.

• AubieTurtle says:

A large percentage of people in prison have people on the outside who think they’ve good people. That doesn’t necessarily make it so.

I’m glad you’ve had a good relationship with the Deal family but don’t think that means that (a) Nathan is incapable of doing anything unethical and (b) he’s incapable of making poor financial decisions. Ignoring the ethical issues, there are plenty of good people in the world who are simply do not have the right set of skills for a particular job. In the case of Nathan Deal, regardless of if he is a good man or not, he has made decisions that cast serious doubt on his ability to govern a large state.

• Doug Grammer says:

Aubie,

Everyone is capable of doing things that are considered unethical, including you, me, and the Pope. The question is whose ethics are we using? What are the exact standards? Is telling a lie unethical? Is telling a 3 year old that their daddy is going on a long trip unethical when they have just buried him or that Santa will come visit if they are good? What about telling your wife that she is just as beautiful as the day you met?

A lot of the bashers and haters on here claim that Congressman Deal is unethical. They use the word ethics as a baseball bat to hit people with and it’s somewhat effective because it’s not defined. No matter what is said, (Sen. Williams letter) someone on here will make a snarky comment like Satan was once an angel too. The reason that most Deal supporters have stopped replying to every bad comment about Congressman Deal is the we refuse to get drug down into the second grade with you and trade barbs like: “I know you are, but what am I?”

Ethics are a set of beliefs that are a guideline for what is right and wrong, and they are different for everyone. One salesman could have a set of ethics that encompasses the philosophy of caveat emptor, or let the buyer beware. He doesn’t explain everything to his customers and they can make their own decisions. Another salesman might treat others as he would like to be treated, and another just might go with supply and demand. All three are ethical in the fact that they act in accordance with their set of beliefs in what is right and wrong.

Laws are on the books that address fairness, fraud, and others things that might be related to ethics. Congressman Deal has broken no laws. There is no grand jury investigation. He has acted ethically. You may disagree with his set of ethics, but no one has explained to me if Congressman Deal was just all about the money, why he didn’t keep his inspection business going with the state. If you disagree, prove it. If you can’t, understand that is just your opinion. Many of you will snarl and complain because your candidate lost in the GOP primary or run off. You will try to paint Congressman Deal in the worst possible light because you are petty. You want him to lose so your candidate might have a shot of winning in 4 years. IMO, that makes you self-centered cry-babies who put their personal desires over what is best for Georgia. LP members are selfish in the fact they have no chance or real desire to win and just want to waste tax payer money on a run off. Dems I can somewhat respect for at least they are open about higher taxes and communism with Gov. Barnes.

I’d love for threads on jobs, taxes, water, and education to compare Congressman Deal and Gov. Barnes. However, it’s probably not going to happen on Anti-Deal pundit.

• “They use the word ethics as a baseball bat to hit people with and it’s somewhat effective because it’s not defined.”

The problem here is that if it had been Barnes that was trying to protect a sweetheart deal he had with the state for his salvage yard to do inspections you guys would be all over it. It’s ethical when it’s a Republican, but unethical when it’s a Democrat? What flavor koolaid is it today Doug?

• Doug Grammer says:

David,

I think you are smarter than what you post. If Gov. Barnes had a meeting to protect the interest of Georgians as he was concerned with the safety of vehicles on the road and it’s obvious that the bureaucrats were not, I doubt I’d say a word. However, I can talk about how he wanted to give illegal aliens drivers licenses.

• “LP members are selfish in the fact they have no chance or real desire to win and just want to waste tax payer money on a run off.”

Totally incorrect. We have every bit as much desire to win as you do. Perhaps if you guys quit touting that wasted vote theory causing so many sheeple to fall in line to vote for the R’s (no matter how bad the candidate is) we might see different results. But as you’ve stated before, party over principle, right? You’re in it for the Republican Party… you’re there to advance the party. Period. Sorry Doug, my set of morals won’t let me push for any candidate whom I don’t believe will do a good job for the state… regardless of party. Even though I’m a Libertarian, if I believed Barnes would do a better job than Monds, I’d be 100% behind Barnes. I get behind the person whom I agree with the most, not whom I think has the best chances of winning. In fact, I’m not voting a straight Libertarian ticket this year. I’m not going to say which race or candidate, but there’s at least one race where I’ll be voting for either a D or an R instead of an L.

• Doug Grammer says:

You have never seen me state I prefer party over principle. I have not always voted straight party. I may not have been happy about the GOP candidate who won the primary, but pragmatism tells me that THIS year, every GOP candidate on the ballot was the best option. I may not be wild about every candidate, but they got my vote.

I didn’t vote for the guy that hasn’t had a paying job in the past year.

• Lady Thinker says:

After all the cruelities you and those like you put Karen through and did to her, you know, stories that were distorted for the purpose of politics and NOW you want to present deal as a political victim? You are as believable as a slick bag of snakes.

You and your group took liberties of telling people they weren’t Christians because we didn’t believe in your sanctimous hate spewing trash. There is no way I am voting your sham artist, a Congressional wolf posing as a sheep in Georgia politics who can’t lead his way out of a paper bag because he has been a follower all his life.

Richard Nixon did many good things during his life but he won’t be remembered for opening up relations with China and ending the Vietnam War, he will be remember first for Watergate and if anyone wants to get past that, they may research his good works, I doubt it.

When the federal grand jury returns their indictment against Deal, which I pray they do, then he will be remembered for his bad decisions and not for his good works, which will never compare to the better side of Nixon.

AubieTurtle says it all, deal is not qualified to lead Georgia.

• KariDee says:

I would just like to point out that I NEVER said anything about supporters of Karen Handel not being Christians. I fully admit that I have been and will continue to be defensive of Mr. Deal, because again, I know the truth.
        I wish, like Mr. Grammer, that these blogs could now move on from what has been and focus on the issues of this state. Mr. Deal has put out great plans for boosting the economy of this state as well as a wonderful education plan.
        I know Mr. Deal is more than qualified to run this state. It is a sad truth that a lot of people can not move into the present day of this election cycle and focus on the issues at hand, being that our next Governor will be either Mr.Deal, Mr. Barnes, or Mr. Monds.
        I beg that we focus on their plans, and pick the gentleman who will move this state in the right direction, instead of just voting for someone who is”not that other guy.”

• Kari, while I agree that we do need to focus on the issues that plague this state, we also must examine the individual character and past business dealings of each candidate for a position that is supposed to lead the entire state. If the CEO of Enron was running for Governor of Georgia, should we not focus on his time with Enron? That’s how I feel about his investment in Wilder Outdoors. I know someone commented on another thread somewhere that the speculation that they should have started with a smaller space is irrelevant, but it’s not.

An example… I own a horse farm. What if I decided to start out with 150 acres in Albany to open a dressage facility with 50 $200k horses. Would you say that’s a smart business plan? Probably not. There’s probably not a whole lot of clientele willing to pay for riding lessons or lease those types of horses in that area. Likewise, opening a 12,000 square foot 2 story building on an expensive piece of land selling $10k guns, $800 knives and $4k fishing rods in Habersham county probably isn’t the wisest business plan either. That’s why we opened our horse farm using my inlaws’ place in Alpharetta with cheaper horses. Now that we’ve established ourselves a bit more and acquired the various equipment that we need and have a client base we’re ready to expand. Which is exactly what we’re doing. We’re closing on the new horse farm Monday afternoon and will begin prepping the new facility for the horses first thing Tuesday morning. Start small and grow as the market allows. Wal-Mart’s first store wasn’t a supercenter. It was Walton’s Five and Dime in downtown Bentonville, Arkansas.

I certainly am not harboring any harsh feelings towards Mr. Deal. I simply feel he’s unqualified to lead our great state. I think he’d be much better suited to lead his local church in some form or fashion.

• Lady Thinker says:

KariDee or whatever you are calling yourself,

You claim to know the facts but you haven’t a clue.

You brutally trashed a woman whose shoes you will never be able to fill. Karen had to leave home at 17 and supported herself and not only graduated high school under unfathomable conditions, but worked to put herself through college.

Karen didn’t have a father giving her anything she wanted courtesy of deal’s sweetheart deal from which your father has benefitted for many years at the Georgia taxpayers expense, and it she had, she would have refused it.

Karen has worked harder than many political college graduates and gone farther through sheer hard work and talent than you ever will. I doubt you have the intestinal fortitude to accomplish as much on YOUR dime rather than your dad’s, as Karen did. And if you did go to college or are in college, I doubt you are paying for anything, your daddy is through deal and the our tax dollars.

You took cruel pleasure in Karen’s fertility problems and gloated in the pain you caused. So if you are the KariDee on Facebook with your arm suggestively around another girl in Spain, California, leave politics to the grownup work on your sexuality questions.

KariDee March 31, 2010 at 10:59 pm
          Intelligence……questionable!*** Let me see her diploma.

KariDee April 4, 2010 at 10:42 pm
          Der Republican Lady,
          Since it seems so important to you, where is it that Karen Handel ever served??
          IHOP, Wendy’s, The Waffle House, LongHorn???

KariDee April 4, 2010 at 10:42 pm
          ***Dear*** sorry, brain to keyboard malfunction.

KariDee July 30, 2010 at 3:10 pm
          It is quite funny to me that Karen Handel is referred to as a “Mama Grizzly,” because although I understand how she could be call a bear……she is really scary, she isn’t a mama to anything.

• KariDee says:

I find it interesting how judgemental you are, LT. Just so you know…. I have worked since I was 12 years old. I babysat for several neighbors, and then as soon as I could get a real job at 15…..I did. I paid for my own car insurance, gas and clothes. I went to college and have a nursing degree, and now 3 beautiful children.
            The “deal,” as you like to call it, was not all that wonderful. I remember my dad working all day, as well as into the evenings so he could provide for us. This has not been a life of luxury, by any means.
            My dad not only worked hard, but also taught us the value of working hard.
            You can say what you like about me and my family, you are a judgemental person. I had problems with Ms. Handel for reasons you can’t even begin to understand. The biggest problem I had with her is how very disrespectful she was……..but seriously, I see no reason to explain things to you………you can’t seem to move on from what was to what is now.

• Lady Thinker says:

Uh-huh. Your history as you are describing it is highly suspect, sounding as though you are trying to borrow from Karen’s real life obstacles. If you had been such a hard worker, you would have understood where Karen was coming from, whether you supported her or not, and you don’t.

Nurses are generally compassionate, that is why they enter the field, and your previous comments regarding Karen, as I listed above, are not. Your tacky comments also belie the maturity most thirty year olds have, therefore, I stand by my original premise that you must be in your late teens or early twenties as the photo shows because that is the type person who makes those kinds of comments.

As for Karen being “very disrespectful,” IF she was, what did you expect? You, SFrazier, Ronald Republican, MDokes, Jim Bob, and others spread vicious lies about her as being the absolute truth, like having paid membership in the Log Cabin group, calling anyone making positive comments or supporting Karen as “godless,” living in “Sodom and Gomorrah,” accusing her of criminal activity with her Fulton County Commissioner’s position, and so many other false statements that are mindboggling.

Because of the actions of you and your group, many Handel voters who would have followed and voted for “shady deal” are now considering not voting in that spot, voting for Barnes, or voting for Monds.

It is that we can’t “move on,” it’s that instead of helping to pull the party together, you dealsters helped to smash it apart and pushed Karen’s supporters away with your tactics and assuming that we would follow because of the “R” by deal’s name.

Some people are taking your behaviors as an extension of deal because he never came out and asked any of you to be less rabid, therefore, many of us believe that your dealsters conduct and behaviors are a reflection of deal’s strategy and we are saying “no deal.”

• KariDee says:

Nurses are compassionsate in situations that deserve compassion. We too can dislike people and situations…..we are human after all.
                And just to conclude with you, because I am done with you, my dad is a wonderful and giving man, Mr. Deal and his family are wonderful people, and Mr. Deal will make a fine governor for this state.

• Lady Thinker says:

Not gonna accept that mainly becauses it comes from you and with your posting history, you are plainly not believable.

15. Romegaguy says:

Kari Dee you may be right that we dont know the truth but then again when Deal’s story changes every other day it is kinda hard for anyone to know what is the truth.

Oh and by the way, I loved your tv commercial that got changed and edited you out after the truth was learned of what woman was being used to attack Handel.

• Lady Thinker says:

A fact conveniently left out by deal’s daughter and karidee. deal thinks he does not need to tell the voters anything he deems unnecessary AND he feels he should be elected governor because of the “D” I mean “R” by his name. No other qualifications, just the “R” when the “D” became inconvenient for him to be electable. Like I keep saying, a Washington wolf in sheep’s clothing to rape and pillage Georgia for his needs.

• AubieTurtle says:

Maybe Amendment 1 has potential afterall… we just need to extend it to political parties. Anyone who feels the winds of change and decides to change parties can do so… but they have to be removed from their current position and can not lobby or run for office for two years. What’s good for the working class should be good for the political class too, right?

• Lady Thinker says:

That makes sense to us common folk but the politicans will see it differently.

The “shady deals” of politics are heaping so much pressure on the voters by spending money we don’t have, paying for transportation studies they will never use, jeopardizing Georgia’s water rights, supporting joblessness by refusing to address the stagnant economy in a meaningful way, and encouraging voter apathy by using our taxes to support “sweetheart deals” that are hidden under reams of unreleased tax returns with the exception if the front page in a weak attempt to show some degree of compliance of media demands.

The voters are starting to feel like the old TV series “The Hulk” and when we finally reach the “green skin stage” politicans will start flying out of office at such a rapid rate that our government may become unrecognizable with the new blood elected to do the right thing. Surely, the “shady deals” won’t be around much longer. Our state and country just can’t handle it.

• Ambernappe says:

LT, you are doing great. I have not posted much because of an unfortunate medical situation interfering “unexpectedly in my busy, well-planned, routine-oriented ” life. Always happens that way. Seems to me that “sneaky” does not represent traits that are common to people who have an honest interest in serving their fellow man in elected office. Almost all financial information relating to the Deal campaign has either been false or requiring serial amendments. There is however, some humor in the situation. Many years ago, when the question was asked, “How can you tell if a politician is lying?”, the response was, “When his lips are moving.” I submit that there are now politicians who have been in Washington so long that they have learned to talk like ventriloquists – their lips do not move when they talk. There is still important work for Republicans in Fulton County – Elect STEVE BROADBENT, LIZ HAUSMAN, and LORI HENRY to the Fulton County Commission.

• Lady Thinker says:

Ambernappe,

I am sorry you have been sick and I hope you feel better very soon.

Hopefully, our old group can get together soon and determine our strategy to get the very few good people we support elected.

I am familiar with the question about politicans and totally agree with you. It has never been more true than it is now, especially regarding the “slippery bag of snakes shady nathan deal.”

16. repurcell says:

Apparently the Wilders and the Deals owe Community Bank and Trust 2 million dollars for the failed venture. The loan comes due in February. Mr. Deal has said that he will sell some personal assets to pay the money back. We will see in February. I live and work in Habersham County and a lot of well established businesses do business with Community Bank and Trust. The bank is on shakey ground as it is and a failed 2 million dollar loan could possibly be very devastating to that institution. I hope he keeps his word and pays the money. As far as the failed outdoor store goes I agree with the writer that said they should have started smaller. I’ve been in that store when it was open. It was huge with stuffed African animals all over. Most businesses that have made it around here and that continue to do well in this economy have done so by starting small. The sister writes that the Deal chrildren ane not spoiled. The Wilder store is a blaring sign of can’t wait, have to have all NOW!!!!

• bowersville says:

Community Bank & Trust was seized by the FDIC and sold to SCBT of Orangeburg, SC. The FDIC report of conclusions as to why the bank failed has been published. The Northeast Georgian newspaper published in Cornelia published part of the FDIC report and at the time of FDIC seizure reported the FBI had taken possession of bank files.

Many of the newspaper reports are not online as The Northeast Georgian apparently decided to publish most of it’s news in print to encourage newspaper purchases.