Michael Steele in Macon This Saturday

WMATZ-TV in Macon reports:

Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele will stop in Macon this Saturday as part of his “Fire Pelosi” bus tour, according to 8th Congressional District candidate Austin Scott.

Scott’s campaign says the rally will be at the Bibb County GOP Headquarters Saturday, Sept. 18 at 11 a.m. The headquarters is located at 2720 Riverside Drive in Macon. Scott will attend the rally.

1. View from Brookhaven says:

Yeah…that’ll get the locals excited. I’m sure Erick will be the first one there to greet him.

The Bibb County GOP really needs to move their HQ out of that dilapidated shopping center, too.

2. It should be a pretty good event. Afterward, drive a few miles to the south and stop in at the Americans For Prosperity Spending Revolt Warner Robbins Tour Stop – Saturday, NOON-2P.

Rally Location: Warner Robins City Hall, 702 Watson Blvd, PO Box 1488, Warner Robins, GA

The only pork we’ll allow on the Spending Revolt Tour is provided in our FREE lunch provided to all rally attendees by our good friends at Honey Baked Ham of Warner Robins! Visit Event Facebook page

3. Red Phillips says:

Who thinks a visit from Michael Steele is actually going to help things? Steele just reminds people who don’t like the Democrats why they don’t like the Republicans either.

4. Lawton Sack says:

Michael Steele will also be in Statesboro that Saturday, September 18 from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at the Holiday Inn located at 455 Commerce Drive.

Ray McKinney, GOP nominee for Congress from GA-12, will also be a part of the program.

5. Gwinnett is Great says:

I love that Ga CD2 told Michael Steel thanks but no thanks – they’ve asked that Alec Poitevint be the surrogate.

6. I think gimmicks like a “Fire Pelosi” bus tour are the kinds of crap that turn swing voters away. If I were in the 8th, I would be voting for Austin if the election were today, but the more he gets tangled up with crap like this, the less credible he seems, and the less likely he would be to receive my vote.

• polisavvy says:

There are a lot of people who don’t or won’t view this as a gimmick. The disdain for Nancy Pelosi is real. Marshall is guilty by association. This should not affect Austin Scott’s credibility.

• Doug Deal says:

The only vote that a member of the House casts that has any real value is the vote for speaker. Whoever gets 218 controls that half of Congress. People who comment here that do not understand that should be ashamed.

7. slyram says:

Don’t sleep, Black moderates have respect for Michael Steele. He received big support from the A.A. community in suburban D.C. and Baltimore when he ran for Senate. Senator would have been a much better fit but rough talk about Steele or then Sec. Condi Rice hits home with us. Steele’s work with Christie Todd Whitman’s It’s My Party Too organization focused on expanding their tent to include conservatives like Scott Brown, Austin Scott and non-country club GOPers like Ray McKinney.

If swing district GOP candidates read and functioned under that Todd Whitman book, this election season would be a lot worst. It’s not rocket science to think general election during the primary season rather than who is just like me. The 8th race should be the template for 2012.

• Harry says:

You’re right about Steele. Despite all his bad PR, Steele can attract the middle which any party needs to win. If people like you were running the Democratic Party of Georgia I bet it would be a more competitive organization.

• Lifetime367 says:

bad PR?… BAD PR?!?… The dude reimbursed an RNC staffer for “expenses” at a bondgae themed strip club. He’s done a lot of other amazingly stupid stuff like calling the war in Afghanistan a “war of Obama’s making”. It’s astounding that he hasn’t been fired. Harry says he can attract the middle. In reality all he is likely to attract is flies.

• Harry says:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. While philosophically I’m a tea party person, and want to stay as far right as possible, we nonetheless need to appreciate that Steele is one way to seek outreach. He’s a good communicator. Yes, he made a couple of missteps but he’s a proven quality. And by the way, Afghanistan is a no-win war and Obama now owns it.

8. seenbetrdayz, Ph.D. says:

Will this be a Q&A session or just a war-drum-beating from the top down (which is what the “fire Pelosi” theme sounds like)? I’d like to meet Mr. Steele, but I’m not going to drive to Macon just to hear a bunch of politicians who just want to hear the sound of their own voices.

If it isn’t a town-hall style event, I might just do the Warner Robins thing and call it a day.

• seenbetrdayz, Ph.D. says:

Oh, no. It’s just an inside joke until November. I’m just waiting to find out if the people who live within a congressional district know more or less than a person who is half a country away with a Ph.D. in Political Science.

I’m seeing a lot of support for Keown in district 2. But someone from Colorado (perhaps) has informed me that I’m clueless as to what’s really going on here and basically that I shouldn’t make predictions that I’m not qualified to make. So, I got myself a “Ph.D.” so I could join in the debate. 🙂

• polisavvy says:

LOL! That’s hysterical. Hope you convince them and that your prediction comes true. You could be onto something, by the way. Bishop could lose this thing. I hope you’re correct! 🙂

• SFCWallace says:

Actually, it’s the RNC Chair, stopping by to thank those who are giving their time to help get out the vote…so you, like Mr. Erickson, don’t need to bother stopping by to see what you can get out of it.

9. gwinnguy says:

What is our State GOP Leadership doing? Bringing in Stheel? He will hurt us more than help us. I feel this election slipping away already.