For Your Friday Afternoon Viewing Pleasure

My sister is in town and she wanted to go to the Jimmy Carter Museum and Presidential Library so we went. The video below was placed on my Facebook page by some prankster and I thought all of you would enjoy it as much as I did. 🙂

• Ramblinwreck says:

What? They’ve recently discovered something he did right while in office in the years since it opened? What could you put in a Jimmy Carter Presidential Library that anyone would want to see? Is there a picture of him clubbing that rabbit to death that was attacking his boat? Mabye the clip of him admitting he’d committed adultery in his heart? Pictures of the mission to free the Iranian hostages. Oh, I know, 20+ % mortgage rates and gas lines. That must be it.

By the way, if there is anyone reading this to whom I have not apologized to for voting for that moron please allow me to do so now. At the time I was running a karate school chain, was apolitical, and voted for him because he was from Georgia. Big mistake. I’m sorry. There. I feel better now.

Have a good weekend.

• chamblee54 says:

What state did you live in? If you were in Georgia, it wouldn’t have mattered.
          A native Georgian was assured of the state’s electoral votes. Neither party did much campaigning here. If you lived in a state where the vote was close, then you might have something to feel badly about.
          The electoral college had robbed me of my vote in almost every election. It gave us a President who lost the popular vote. And yet, both parties would rather play the strategic games the electoral college enables, than support a change to election by popular vote.

• Bill30097 says:

What a moronic post.

1. You really want to leave us open to a nationwide recount like Florida 2000 where Gore attampted to steal the election with the aid of the FL Supreme Court?

2. Gore only got more votes in 2000 if you count the massive vote fraud in Chicago, Detroit, and Filthydelphia etc. The biggest failure of Bush after not securing the border was his failure not to investigate and prosecue the massive vote fraud in those cities as well as the suppression of the military vote

1. Erick's Mortal Enemy says:

I will give the first conservative dittohead on here a firm handshake if he/she can name that instrument.

2. ZazaPachulia says:

The Regular Guys (That really awful radio program on Atlanta’s Rock 100.5 station that is essentially a right wing rip-off of Howard Stern) use a clip of that song on their show all of the time. I think they even played it during one of Karen Handel’s tasteless in-studio appearances. I still can’t believe she went on the Regular Guys so much during the campaign… If only she had been shaking hands in Gwinnett instead…

Oh, and the Carter library is pretty cool. Visit. Carter did do some good things — just not a great deal of them. It’s tough to work with a Congress hell-bent and determined to see you and your “outsider” buddies crash and burn. Carter’s own party killed him so much that Republicans didn’t even really have to get nasty.

SALT II and Camp David weren’t ALL bad. Plus he’s the only president from Georgia and he’s the only president to graduate from Annapolis. And he’s one of the better post-presidents we’ve ever had… That at least puts him ahead of the bottom ten or so (W.H. Harrison, Harding, Pierce, Buchanan, A. Johnson, Fillmore, Hoover, Taylor, Grant, Tyler)

• LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

I’d bump Hoover above Carter though. He was a good man, good intentions, and he recognized that the continued British and French demands for financial reparations from Weimer Germany would lead to further instability. In a lot of ways, he was a lot like Carter doing a lot of humanitarian work.

• analogkid says:

I feel like William Henry Harrison should forever be the median president in the rankings of presidents. Sure, he didn’t do anything good during his 32 days as president, but he certainly didn’t do anything bad either. He just didn’t do anything… except die.

• Ambernappe says:

Why isn’t Carter’s party protecting us from the Obama-ness?

The Carter shrine is a nice tribute to Jimmah.

3. Dave Bearse says:

Buzz Brockway, new GOP representative, recently posted he’ll play nice with other representatives.

Now he posts that he enjoyed a film clip that is limited to mocking a President for simply stating government can be competent, honest, decent, open, corruption-free, without sin, and not pardon wrong-doing.

Buzz presumably thinks his constituents value incompetent, dishonest, indecent, opaque, corrupt, sinful and unjust government, or is laying the groundwork for a re-election explanation of his delivering same.

• Doug Deal says:

This song was actually written by Gene Marshall and was a serious attempt at praise. It is funny because it is so out of place and ironic considering the ineffectual manor in which his administration carried on.

One can only hope you posted your comment as an attempt at a joke.

• Dave Bearse says:

No it wasn’t. But my comment was hasty and I regretted I’d made it shortly afterward. Upon a few moments more reflection I should’ve simply enjoyed the clip as a reminder of the 70’s with a political element it was meant to be and not dissed Brockway for posting it. Buzz, you have my apology.

4. GaConservative23 says:

“Can government be incompetent?”

“Jimmy Carter proved YES! Jimmy Carter proved YES!”