Are You Ready for Some Fútbol?

No, not that fake Euro-trash variety where “men” wear short shorts and kick their way to 0-0 ties in double overtime, the All-American fake couch potato kind where you spend hours in front of the television eating bag after bag of Doritos hoping for just one more meaningless field goal or 10 extra return yards to guarantee victory over last year’s winner, Jay Melvin’s hated Molar Express.

I have been remiss at setting up this year’s fantasy league, mainly due to the fantasy that someone would step up and take over the league, but the days are getting short.  The last decent day available for a draft before the season is this coming Sunday, and it is schedule for 2PM.  You can either participate in the live draft or set your team on automatic and hope for the best.  The only major rule change from last year is that instead of two wide receivers and one tight end, you get three players who can be wide receivers or tight ends.  A subtle change that will lead to more flexibility in using your bench to cover idle players.

The league is limited to the first twelve, and we are already at 5 members, so hurry up and join while there is still space available.  As always, the entry is free, but if you give me a dollar, you’ll get a quarter back.

Click Here to Register
League Name: Peach Pundit Open
League ID: 591824
Password: georgia

Also, for those interested in College Football, I’ve set up the Peach Pundit college pick’em league.  This year’s rules will drop the three worst weeks, so if you miss a couple or sign up late, you can still be competitive.  Also, each weeks selection will include all SEC games as well as Yahoo’s selected games of the week.

Click Here to Register
League Name: Peach Pundit College
League Id: 14439
Password: georgia

Remember, you have to have a Yahoo ID to play.

1. Wow, the “libertarian” can’t even get a “credit, when credit is due”, here either 😉

In the College league, I must have been hated more than Jay Melvin was in the Pros.

2. polisavvy says:

Okay, Doug, I need your help. When I tried to register it said that ‘the league is not in pre-draft mode’ and ‘that league is not available.’ Any idea what I did wrong? Thanks.

• polisavvy says:

And, to answer your question, Doug, I couldn’t be happier that football season is almost here. Six days and counting! Also, in case some don’t already know it, College GameDay will begin at 9:00 on Saturdays instead of 10:00.

• polisavvy says:

I’m such a guy — I live for this time of year. I’m in front of the TV from the beginning of GameDay until the last game from the West is played. Then, do it again on Sunday. Absolutely love football!! Are you feeling better?

• polisavvy says:

I mean really! Do these kids not think that a valid license is part of the rules? This is truly ridiculous! Sick of this same old crap every July and August.

3. ZazaPachulia says:

I showed up late to the party, so you lucky 12 in the NFL league won’t have to suffer the wrath of getting embarrassed week in and week out by the mighty “Crystal Chandeliers.”

However, I’m in the college league. Watch out.

Oh, and everybody do a google search for “Ricky Dobbs for Heisman.”
    Everybody on Peach Pundit should get behind this young man from Douglasville. Here’s our 13th district congressman talking about him from the floor…

(when you have the best attendance record in Georgia’s congressional delegation, you can take time to do things like this… However, if you miss a full 25-percent of all votes, you probably don’t have time to honor your constituents like this)

• polisavvy says:

I’m really looking forward to this. Should be a fun thing to do even with the ones we don’t always see eye to eye with at times.

4. Steve says:

This “conservative Republican blog” scheduled its fantasy football draft for Sunday morning when I’m in church (and you should be too)? Yet another example of how you’re betraying the party and Nathan Deal.

Oh well, autodraft usually does a better job than I do anyway!