Barnes to Deal: Show Up

Not a bad line.

Democrat Roy Barnes urged his opponent for governor to face him in a debate and release his tax returns during remarks Sunday at a campaign fundraiser in Washington, Ga.

I think Deal should release his income tax returns. Go on and get it over with. Of course, he may want to wait until the Friday before Labor Day.

1. BoogDoc7 says:

I’m a conservative.

Generally speaking, no one should be allowed to run for office with a delinquent tax bill. Period.

No elected official should be allowed to cast a vote with a delinquent tax bill, and be removed from office 90-180 days or so if unpaid.

It’s inexcusable.

2. polisavvy says:

Is there a question as to whether or not Deal has ever not filed his taxes? I don’t recall this being an issue. Just curious.

• Chris says:

AFAIK filing or paying has not been an issue. What else he did or did not bother putting on his disclosures is another matter entirely.

• Chris says:

The disclosure I was referring to were his Financial Disclosures he had to submit as a congress critter. I think the State Ethics Commish has their own, which probably aren’t due again till next year.

• polisavvy says:

When a member of Congress resigns, do they not have to “close out” their filings within a certain period of time upon resignation? If not, seems like they would want things cleaned up within a month or so. Any idea?

• Chris says:

This isn’t his campaign disclosure. The disclosure I’m talking about is his personal financial disclosure. The one where he lists his real estate holdings, bank accounts, income sources from questionable state deals πŸ™‚ etc.

If Deal had something to hide, he might not disclose it on his personal financial disclosure, yet still report the income to the IRS. You don’t f— with the IRS, even if you are a congress critter (or Charlie Rangel).

• polisavvy says:

Thanks for the clarification. Love your whole congress critter and Rangel comments!! Pretty funny indeed. πŸ™‚

• seenbetrdayz, Ph.D. says:

Eh, Rangel never gets any books thrown at him. They’ll just tell him not to do it again . . . again.

3. kolt473 says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ovKR6M1QWA -King Roy needs to sthu. keep this up closer to election it’s getting nobody will vote for the cretin, I won’t politics of destruction what democrats like if not DEAL BE HANDEL. This is good for the new generation of brain dead voters to see king roy as he really is, man who’s power mad drunk, sold his soul to unions king roy doesn’t represent all track record proves it.

• Erick's Mortal Enemy says:

The flag is a non-issue to me. The flag won’t bring jobs back to Georgia.

I think I speak for all of us mindless dittoheads when I say to @kolt473…WHUT??

• TPNoGa says:

Economic ruin caused by Sonny? You do realize the entire nation is in a recession, not just GA. Cutting spending and balancing the budget is not ruin. Would you have them raise taxes during this economic downturn, that would lead to ruin.

• Pine Knot says:

Agreed. Georgia is in a lot better shape than many states. Sonny hasn’t been perfect, but we could be in a worse position.

4. JRM2016 says:

Columbus State University in conjunction with a number of other organizations in Columbus set an August 26 date for a forum for the top line statewide races and our local Congressional races months ago.

Nathan Deal is coming to participate. Roy Barnes is raising money with the Georgia Bankers Association. So if he really wants to share the stage with Nathan Deal I’m sure they’d love to have him at 6:30 PM on Thursday August 26 at Columbus State. Details: http://www.colstate.edu/2010candidateforum/

• JRM2016 says:

If an admin reads this, please line out the part of my comment above stating Roy Barnes is raising money with the Georgia Bankers Association. I have received conflicting information on that point. The fact remains that he is raising money when he could be on the same stage with Nathan Deal, which was the overall point of my post.