Roy Barnes is a bastard for stealing my post

…. with his new ad out.

25 years of tax returns seems a bit overkill to me. I’d settle for the last ten. Of course, the Deal people are probably still going back and making his returns look like an APS CRCT exam to clean up all the “mistakes” and “misunderstandings” in them.

For example, is it passive or active income when you use your official capacity as a US Congressman to pressure state officials to keep your sweetheart deal with the state?

1. ACCmoderate says:

With all the Apple products that are popping up in Roy’s ads, I’m totally expecting to see a “Mac v. PC” spot comparing him and Deal.

2. Ann Walker says:

I see Chris is getting comfortable in his new role as Roy’s attack dog here on PP. Three posts attacking Deal in 24 hours is quite impressive – in a bitter, sore loser sorta way.

• I Am Jacks Post says:

Chris isn’t Roy’s attack dog. He’s just a bitter P.O.S.

Chris is a, ahem, “blogger” who, best as I can tell, has never served in a significant role on any successful (or unsuccessful, for that matter) campaign. Ever. So he bangs on candidates from the upper deck, playing out his own little version of “campaign staffer fantasy camp.” What you’ve been reading over the last couple of months is the blog version of taking the ball and going home.

There will always be guys like Chris; wannabes who organize their little Linux meetup groups during the day, and–by night–oh man, they are frickin campaign geniuses.

• GOPwits says:

Why the hate toward Chris because he’s pointing out that Deal won’t release his tax returns?

It’s not Chris’ fault that Deal used his office to enrich himself. It’s not Chris’ fault that there is a federal grand jury investigation. It’s not Chris’ fault that Deal is refusing to debate Roy Barnes.

Goodness gracious.

• Mike Hauncho says:

Roy wants everyone to release their tax returns just so he can brag that he earned $5 million in 2009.

3. fishtail says:

I would think Nathan Deal would go ahead and release his tax returns, unless there is something there he doesn’t want the public to see….such as income from other deals that the public is not yet aware of.

• eschristian says:

Provocateur the runoff is over – Karen and Eric have nothing to do with this anymore – we are now stuck with DEAL REAL aka Grand Jury Investigation ex-dem for our nominee – just sayin’ – remember “party unity” so let’s not talk about Karen or Eric – isn’t that what Steal Deal, I mean Real Deal wants?

• Provocateur says:

Point is, that IF Karen Handel had won, she would be in this same boat of not wishing to release tax returns.

4. rightofcenter says:

You’re right, Ann Walker. Personally, I’ve had enough. There are plenty of Dem webpages where I can go to see people bash Deal and praise Barnes. I know this is a “tri-partisan” page alledgedly, but it has generally trended to the Republican side. Now, not only it is anti-Republican (Deal is, afterall, the Republican nominee for governor), but it is vicious. And it’s led by Chris Farris. Apparently there are no frontpage posters who will give Deal more than a lukewarm shake. I’m leaving you all to your circle jerk. Have fun.

• Erick's Mortal Enemy says:

Seriously, folks? So now it’s not okay to bash someone from the GOP? I mean, Christ, this is the blog that allowed for incendiary comments at the death of a Democrat, and takes every turn to bash Dems, but yet someone points out a new ad that makes one hell of a point about the fact that Nathan Deal is an insane, corrupt politician and only NOW you object to bashing a politician?

I mean I HATE Erick’s politics (see: user ID) but I will credit him and the rest of the team for bringing on people with a diverse array of views, going from Teabagger all the way to mildly non-conservative-esque. So, basically, PP should only be a blog for your needs, and really, we can’t talk about anyone badly?

Selfish, yes?

• Chris says:

Don’t let the wibiya bar hit you in the ass on the way out….

• I Am Jacks Post says:

“I’m sure if my fellow FP posters had anything positive to say about Deal. Real. they would.”

And I’m sure if this site had ANY impact upon real campaigns, this cycle’s GOP slate would look entirely different. And by “different,” I mean worse.

• Doctor Death says:

No Chris, they are all sore losers like you.

And your influence is so great that it elected Handel, McGinnitie,
        and a slew of other candidates.

Get over your Narcissistic, pathological liar ass!

5. Romegaguy says:

What if the Federal Grand Jury that is investigating Deal is actually helping the IRS look at his tax returns?

6. 1) Barnes called on all his Democratic opponents to release their tax returns. Did any of them do it?

2) Did any of the other GOP candidates release their tax returns?

If any candidate failed to release their tax returns aren’t they hiding something and in Barnes’ world therefore potential criminals?

7. GOPwits says:

I just want to know if Deal will step aside as the nominee if he is indicted. I also want to know when he’s going to release his tax returns. I want to know if he’s ever going to debate Roy Barnes.

Nathan Steal hit Karen pretty hard for not participating in the debates, yet here he goes running scared to participate in the debates with Roy. What’s he afraid of?

8. hugoblacksupreme says:

This is getting kind of dumb. Deal has been running for Gov. for a while now. He has to know that some folks would want to see his tax returns or at least a edited version. Did he not think he would make it to the general election?

At this point it seems that the best reason to vote for Deal is “he is likely going to win anyway because he is a Republican”.

That’s just sad!

9. Georgia Judge says:

Some of you Handel supporters are real class acts…..get over it ……you lost!!!!!!

Chris, Deal is your next Gov and Cagle is your next Lt.Gov………

• CobbGOPer says:

If Deal was a “class act” we wouldn’t be so angry. Unfortunately for all Georgians, he is most certainly not. Just like his corrupt buddies at the Gold Dome. They all need to be turned out as well.

10. Gop_Youth12 says:

Well, once again a candidate like roy barnes never ceases to amaze me. Barnes (during the time we were in a run off), was kind of making fun of our nasty run off attacks (from handel)…but now he is doing the same thing. Roy barnes is a joke. And Peach Pundit: you are dividing the republican party. It seems that one of your bloggers is consistently putting out dirt on Nathan Deal, that if you know his side, as well as if you know anything about what all this crap is to do with, you would know that you are putting out a load of bull. Come on…stand behind our candidate…and I agree..
    this has went from HandelPundit to BarnesPundit. You say you are for deal, but if he is as bad as you say: why are you supporting him? come on.

• macho says:

While this is a blog that has more Republican posters than Democrat, it’s not supposed to be a “Republican” blog; and certainly not a Republican apologist blog.

11. Doctor Death says:

Chris and Crew have such a excellent track record for picking winners!
    This time their hitching their wagon to the Barnes campaign, surely
    another winner in such a liberal state like Georgia!

Yep! They sure know how to pick em!

All I am waiting for is Lady Thinker to add, “great post Chris”

• Ann Walker says:

This is the funniest thing I’ve read all week.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to join my fellow feminists (who are all too ugly to get a date, by the way) in returning to the kitchen pursuant to Erick’s instructions.

• Lady Thinker says:

Well, DD, I don’t want to disappoint you so here goes!

“great post Chris”

Happy now DD?

12. macho says:

I thought Nathan said that he knew Roy Barnes and Roy was a Southern gentleman, so Roy wouldn’t be running any negative ads.

13. Gerald says:

Wow. 62 comments and not a single “Nathan Deal should provide his income tax returns when Barack Obama – or his ghetto grandmother – provides his birth certificate” remark. One part of me is impressed, the other part of me is saddened and disappointed 🙂