You’ll notice a new feature

You can now edit or delete your comments after you post them. You have 10 minutes for an edit, 1 minute to delete.

1. bowersville says:

This is good to know and will be useful.

Another thing I’ve noticed on my computer is that when going to the “Deal with it” thread it sends me to a second page of comments. When I click to go to the previous comments, the yellow box has turned to gray on what appears to have been new responses to previous comments.

2. AnyoneElse2010 says:

Thanks Chris!!! This will alleviate a lot of concerns about the fools that go around proofreading everything.

• MSBassSinger says:

For spelling, I use ieSpell, a free addin for IE. I believe Mozilla’s Firefox has the same thing built in. Of course, that doesn’t solve the issue with people who don’t know the difference between “loosing” and “losing”.

As for me, it doesn’t bother me much when people misspell. I think I can figure out what they mean, and that is the point.

• Blog Goliard says:

First, it’s not that people like me make a conscious effort to “go around proofreading everything”. Maybe it’s partly because I used to do some copyediting at a newspaper, but these things jump out and poke me even if I’m not looking for them.

And what drives me crazy is not simply that other people cannot distinguish between “rein” and “reign” or “lose” and “loose” (but c’mon…those two aren’t even homophones!) , but when the misuse gets so common that my copyediting brain starts to stop dead whenever I see it used *right*.

Making an occasional mistake is only human and I understand. Persisting in error, and reacting in a hostile manner when corrected…that’s just being stubbornly dumb. Which may be a desirable personality trait in some parts of this state (so tempting to tick off county names here!), but not so much in others.

• MSBassSinger says:

I get the same heebie-jeebies when I read a posting extolling the virtues of Java or anything Apple. That is also related to my profession, so I understand.

• Lady Thinker says:

I agree MSBass, because people are writing passionately about something and they just want to get the words on paper before they fly away.

• polisavvy says:

Just type however you want and don’t worry about the grammar and spelling police. Ignore them.

• polisavvy says:

I know and probably one of the more ridiculous things I’ve read in a while. I just ignore the grammar and spelling police. We are all human and will make our fair share of mistakes. People should realize that and not be so dang critical.

3. NoTeabagging says:

Thanks. My computer has the Dan Quayle version of spellchecker, so I do need the opportunity to make quick corrections.