Well, that sure was fun.
Not that any of you care, but I figured that since everyone else seems to be in the sharing mood, I might as well throw some crap out there to see what sticks. Here are some random things I noticed:
(1) No one in Coastal Georgia gives a crap about who Jack Kingston supports. Have you seen the map? Karen Handel almost swept the entire coast.
(2) Tim Echols obviously did a good job keeping in touch with the network of Huckabee supporters he helped build in 2008. He beat a sitting State Senator for an open seat. And I’m pretty sure he’s never held office.
(3) On that note, of the alleged Oxendine/Sheffield/Echols triumvirate, Echols was the only one to come out a winner. I think his work for Huckabee (who’s endorsement means more than Palin’s in Georgia) gave him a dedicated base, whereas the others…not so much.
(4) Karen Handel basically said that we haven’t seen the last of her political career. Where does she go from here?
(5) Holy crap, I’m so glad the runoff is over. November can’t come slow enough.
(6) See above.
(7) For those of you saying that Karen Handel has caused permanent damage…whatever. You will line up behind your new leader in the end. You always do.
(8) Roy Barnes will lose by more than 5% in November. Why? See #7 for more info. It’s a Republican year, in a Republican state. And Democrats simply aren’t showing up to vote this year.
(9) Carol Porter will lose by more than 5% in November. Why? See #7 and #8 for more info.
(10) Will Preston Smith actually have to get a job working as an attorney now?
That’s about all I got. See #5 for more information.