Landmark Poll: Woodall Opens Big Lead Over Hice

From a Landmark Communications Press Release:

Landmark Releases Poll for Seventh Congressional Runoff: Former Linder Chief of Staff Woodall Leads

Woodall leading up to Aug. 10 election, Gwinnett margin is major factor

(Duluth)—Former Chief of Staff to Congressman Rob Woodall has a solid lead over Jody Hice in Tuesday’s 7th Congressional District Republican runoff election, according to a poll conducted by Landmark Communications Inc.

Woodall, the former chief of staff to U.S. Rep. John Linder, leads minister/radio personality Jody Hice by a margin of 47-32%. As much as 21% of voters said they were undecided/not committed in the election, but still intend to vote.

A county-by-county analysis reveals that Woodall has a commanding lead in Forsyth (59-15%) and Gwinnett (50-29%). Woodall also leads in Newton (44-33%) and Walton (46-37%). However, the Gwinnett margin is significant since 70% of the district’s vote is in that county. Hice leads in his own county of Barrow by 54-27% margin.

“Rob Woodall’s support in Gwinnett County will likely push him to victory on Tuesday,” said Mark Rountree, president of Landmark Communications. “Gwinnett makes up about 70% of the Republican primary vote in this district.”

Landmark Communications randomly selected voting households that participated in the July 20 Republican primary election with 789 voters participating in the survey and completing all questions. The survey was conducted by telephone on Sunday, August 8.

Landmark Communications paid for this survey on its own and does not represent a client in this election. The margin of error of the survey is plus or minus 3.5%.

1. GaConservative23 says:

Good news. I was a Clay Cox supporter, but I would much rather see Woodall in that office than Hice.

2. debbie0040 says:

Everyone knows it is an uphill battle but you just never know.
    Atlanta Tea Party would never endorse someone that supports earmarks, no matter what. Not even in the general election…

3. franb says:

Debbie I hope that the majority of your group are not so narrow minded .Go back and listen to the debate. You can find it on this site. Mr Woodall does an excellant job of defining earmarks and what he can and can not support.

4. Doug Deal says:

Woodall, the author of the big plan to get the entire electorate addicted to a monthly check from the government as part of the Fair Tax. I don’t know anything about Hice, but this is a big thing in his favor.

• amor patriae says:

All you need to know about Hice, you can get from his 10 second sound bites, his billboards, his flyers, and by reading posts from the Voice of the Atlanta Tea Party. There’s no more substance than that.

Jody’s inexperience and inability to answer substantive questions have been well-documented in the various forums and campaign debates he has mustered the courage to attend. But how much has he listened to the voters of the 7th during his campaign? He purports to know what we want and need. When did he ever ask us? How many real, get-to-know-you forums has he held? How often has he put himself out there to share his vision and then respond to voter questions?

Instead, he has consistently dragged out the same tired old rhetoric and scripted sound-bites that say NOTHING. He offers NO SOLUTIONS. He is an EMPTY SUIT WHO PREACHES to a very small (in the scheme of things) choir and hangs his entire campaign on the fact that he fought the ACLU over the posting of the Ten Commandments on the Barrow County Courthouse and he willingly broke the law when he campaigned from the pulpit. The truth is, the IRS doesn’t even care. It would be sad if it weren’t so ridiculous.

Jody has repeatedly denied knowledge of campaign communications sent out by his own staffers. Really? I mean, I was ready to cut him some slack at the beginning, given the fact that he’d never been in any political race and managing passionate young believers can be like herding cats. But the flyers that have come out in the last few days show him for the candidate he truly is: a narrow-minded fundamentalist who hides behind innuendo and outright lies and has no interest in or intention of representing the people of the 7th District. He panders to those who will blindly sing his hymn of divisiveness without really listening to the words. His “mission” is to destroy, not restore. If I didn’t think he’d be completely ignored and dismissed by his peers in Congress, I’d be terrified to see him win.

• franb says:

Amor It is too bad that your post is not at the bottom where more people would see it.It is quite eloquent. In fact repost it at the bottom so Debbie will see it and go ‘crazy’. You hit a home run.

5. debbie0040 says:

We are not narrow minded, but we have principles and we wills tand by them, period. We are not going to endorse someone just because they have a R by their name. Sean Hannity must be narrow minded as well because he urged ALL GOP candidates for Congress to pledge to not vote for ANY earmarks. If the nominee of either party refuses to say not to earmarks and taxes then an endorsement will not be made in that race..

Woodall also refused to sign not to raise taxes that John Linder had signed years ago.

6. debbie0040 says:

But Sean is an Alabama fan and knows how to say Roll Tide!! 🙂 His wife is a graduate of Bama…

7. franb says:

Republicans being stubborn and voting for Ross Perot gave us Bill Clinton. Surely you would not want a Dem representing the 7th.As I suggested go back and listen to the debate. We all hate earmarks and taxes but if things do not change and we have to work with a small majority or we are still in the minority earmarks may be the only way we solve our problems in the 7th. and this election is about the 7th. Do we want to handcuff our congressman. I hate taxes but use fees are taxes . What if the fees are not covering the service .Borrow money from China? We are for term limits because we want Pelosi out. That also means we lose our BEST congressman in Ga DR. TOM PRICE. So go vote for Mr Hice but if you do not win do not be irrational. If Mr Woodall does not win, I will vote for Mr Hice eventhough I know that he will not be an effective because he has pledged himself into a corner. Being a congressman is not as simple as stating one liners.

• John Konop says:

If Ross Perrot had no done so well we would of never gotten a balance budget. We need a new Ross Perrot to put enough fear into both parties to do their job!

• franb says:

John Ross Perot had nothing to do with it. The Republican Party finally came together as one because of Bill Clinton. The far right of party would not vote for McCain and that gave us Obama. We shoot ourselves in the foot because we have a faction in our party who are so irrational they will not unite as republicans! WE can fight within the family but we have to unite against the Dems.

• John Konop says:

franb,

If you are right what happen during the Bush years with both houses and the executive branch controlled by the GOP?

I am a big fan of split government and a strong third party candidate to keep everyone honest!

• debbie0040 says:

It is a fee if it covers the cost of the service. If revenue is generated over the cost of providing the service then that is a tax.

8. debbie0040 says:

Dr. Tom Price has not asked for earmarks on four years and he also signed the ATR pledge. The RSC voted not to support earmarks

9. debbie0040 says:

This election is not just about Fair Tax either. It is what is best for the 7th and I think it is Dr. Hice. It is not just about earmarks

• franb says:

Debbie Having Mr . Hice will be like when Cobb County had Larry McDonald. Nobody took him serious and he could nothing done. But he did make the FAR right happy!

• Bill30097 says:

Fran you just convinced me to chnge my vote from round 1 (Woodall) to Hice toorrow. RINOS like you are why the GOP lost its majority! Or are you a Dem troll?

• c_murrayiii says:

it doesn’t seem very smart to change your vote based on some unknown stranger’s comment on a political blog.

• Icarus says:

Other recent comments from Bill30097:

2010/07/23 at 1:24 pm | In reply to ACCmoderate.
          Thanks, you just convinced me to switch to Hice!

2010/07/26 at 8:13 pm
          I am surprised not to see something on Rob Woodall getting his clock cleaned by Jody Hice in the televised debate last night

2010/08/03 at 8:03 pm
          Having just moved here from the People’s Republic of New Jersey a couple years ago and liking Boortz and Linder, I voted for Wodall in round 1. Then Hice made the runoff so I checked him out and liked him a lot. Then I find out Woodall doesn’t live in the district. Question: Did Woodall grow up here and then move to DC to work for Linder on behalf of the district? Yes is reasonable and makes the “not living here” charge meaningless but NO would change my vote.

2010/08/06 at 8:12 am
          I will not vote for Handel because of her kowtowing to Holder on voter ID verification.

Now I get calls from 2 infamous RINOs, Nancy Pelosi’s couch buddy, and that famous phoney The Huckster.

I will ship the gov race Tuesday but am voting Libertarian in November

I will still be voting for Hice for Congress.

2010/08/06 at 1:08 pm
          Woodall’s statement has convinced me to change to Hice

I think Bill uses the word troll out of self-loathing.

• Lady Thinker says:

I like your post Debbie but I disagee with you on this issue. Even though Woodall won’t sign the pledge, I feel he is a better candidate than Hice. We will have to agree to disagree on this issue.

• Lady Thinker says:

Gwinnett County Tea Party
    Newton County Tea Party
    Walton County Tea Party
    Former Loganville Mayor Mike Jones
    Movie Star and recording artist Pat Boone
    Many Pastors and Christian Leaders
    I predict this poll will be off more than the one for Governor before the Primary.

11. Tea Party Man says:

Barrow County Commissioner Billy Parks
    Barrow County Commissioner Steve Worley
    Barrow County Clerk of the Superior Court
    Four Corners Tea Party
    to be continued……

12. franb says:

Because of the tea party we are not going to get rid of HarryReid. They put their votes behind a person that talked a good game early but was not vetted well . She is like Palin. Not enough upstairs.

13. debbie0040 says:

Because of the tea party, the GOP has a chance at taking back the House. Tea Party Express endorsed Angle. Not all tea parties in Nevada did. Maybe we should have just formed a third party and not try to reform the GOP…Would that have been better?

I disagree strongly about Dr. Hice. I bet you had the same complaints about Paul Broun..

• franb says:

Absolutely- He is our least effective congressman in Ga. But if I lived in his district I would vote for him over a Dem. No we don’t need a third party. That is my point if the tea party refuses to vote for Mr Woodall in the general.We could give a seat to the bad guys. These are trying times . From my friends in NEV. Angle has turned out to be a poor choice and will not win.Good luck tomorrow may the most qualified win and then we unite to beat the DEM

14. Jane says:

The People who did not make the runoff, ala Cox, know Woodall better than Hice. While I would be happy with either, Woodall’s home county is larger than Hice’s home county and that will decide the issue.

• franb says:

Jane I urge you to go back and listen to the debate. you can find it on this site. If you listen to it , you will see that from the intellectual side that MR Woodall is so far ahead of Mr Hice that the choice would be simple.

15. debbie0040 says:

I disagree very strongly Jane. Hice is the best candidate. He will say no to earmarks, say no to new taxes, and he is NOT a D.C. insider..

Did Clay endorse anyone in this race? Last I heard, he did not…

16. Tea Party Man says:

Woodall’s home county ? Do you mean Washington D.C. or the county he moved into about a month ago ? Brother and Sister Tea Party Members. Let’s remember Ronald Reagan’s 11th Commandment and not speak evil of a fellow Republican. Woodall and Neal Boortz have made that very hard with the Ultra negative campaign they ran against Clay Cox. Boortz hammered him every day. Mr. Cox possibly would have won without a Run off if not for Negative Nasty Neal. Whatever goes around seems to come around.

• franb says:

Jane Do not listen to the garbage they spew.Mr Woodall was born inAthens Ga while his parents were at UGA, grew up in Atlanta went to Marist High School . He has worked his ENTIRE adult life for the constitutes of the 7th district. He has worked in both the local office and the Wash. office. I beg you, educate yourself watch the debate . You will have no trouble making a choice. He will be the most qualified and “ready” freshman congressperson in the house.

• c_murrayiii says:

Tea Party Man loves lying behind his mask. Woodall never attacked Cox. Unlike the attacks you and Debbie hurl at Rob. I bet you guys are nothing but a bunch of folks still sore that Linder beat Barr 8 years ago and you’re just holding it against Rob. Fortunately, the people of Gwinnett have always held John, Neal, and now Rob in a favorable light, despite your best efforts to smear them.

17. debbie0040 says:

Attacks I hurl at rob? Like stating the facts about him not signing a pledge not to raise taxes or ask for earmarks? Since when is bringing that up that attacks? Are facts not allowed to be bought up? What about the really nasty things you guys have said about Dr. Hice ? I guess that is ok in your eyes?

Woodall never attacked Cox, he had Chuck Efstration do that for him.

Just because you fail to see flaws in woodall, you attack everyone that does. Are we supposed to just think in lock step with the GOP establishment and what they want?

I have done nothing but bring up facts about the pledges and Rob being a D.C insider. He has lived in D.C for 16 years

I did not live in Gwinnett during the Barr- Linder race

My issue with rob is that he supports earmarks and refuses to sign the ATR pledge. His main issue is FairTax. It is not personal, it is issue driven. I made it clear I would support him when we agree and oppose him when we don’t. I even said I would vote for him if he won the nomination. Would you vote for Dr. Hice if he won?

You really cannot handle it when people don’t agree with your choice in candidates can you?

• c_murrayiii says:

Well Debbie, you appear to be the one who can’t handle it, you may not “attack” Rob with nasty mud like Tea Party boy here, but you can’t let a single post go by without mentioning how YOU have deemed Rob unworthy due to him not signing some silly pledge. I have never said anything bad about Hice either, I honestly never heard of the guy prior to this election, so I don’t know anything about him. Chuck was not working for Rob, and unless you have proof, I suggest you back off, I seem to recall you threatening someone else on here about spreading lies. You seem to be driven in the last couple weeks to come after Rob, I don’t understand it. At last 5 or 6 times in every post you bring up the fact “he’s for earmarks”. Thats all you’ve got. You and your tea party group are no better than some single-issue wing-nut group. The REAL Tea Party movement is about more than just earmarks Debbie, and when someone like you hijacks the movement and starts acting like its divinely appointed prophet, it turns the rest of us small government conservatives off. You can bring up your FACTS (all two of them) all you want, but when you post it incessantly and with little care to actually understand the other point of view, it is nothing more than a cheap political attack. Also, calling him a Washington insider repeatedly is an attack. Just because someone worked in DC does not make them an “insider” in the pejorative sense. Tom Price has been in DC since ’05, Jim DeMint since ’99, are they “insiders” then too?

Maybe the Barr-Linder thing doesn’t apply to you, but I’ve seen it enough in my time in Gwinnett politics to know it still erks those folks who backed Barr. And I know some folks who wouldn’t support Rob based purely on the fact he worked with John.

• c_murrayiii says:

I will also reiterate, I was an intern in Linder’s office in 2004. Rob was working and living in the district then. So, “He has lived in D.C for 16 years” is inaccurate/a lie.

18. debbie0040 says:

What do you know about the real tea party movmement Chase? You clearly don’t like the tea parties because they go after establishment candidates. Get used to it. You have kept your distance or you would have seen signs at rallies talking about earmarks and taxes. Listen to talk radio and you will see that is an issue. That is also one of the reasons the GOP was turned out of power, I did not appoint my self a prophet. Every tea party in the 7th endorsed Hice. Woodall supporters have a right to make their case why their candidate is the best for the job. It appears you don’t think that right applies to Hice supporters. I donate 30 hours weekly of my time on behalf of the tea party movement. what do you do? I talk to tea party activists daily and they are upset over the fact Woodall refused to sign the pledges. You just don’t like the fact I support Hice in this race instead of woodall.

I must have stepped on toes with the Efstration remark. Must have hit close to home. Everyone did notice that Chuck seemed to go after Cox in the debates and never bothered with Rob.

When referrring to the tea parties, you sound just like Pelosi and company. Tea Party actitivists nation wide face fierce opposition from the GOP establishment such as your self. They are fighting to hold on to power. That is why the talk about third parties has not gone away for the future. People like you with your attitude will be a main reason if a thrid party is formed. We are not going to just blindly support someone because they have a R by their name.

The tea party is not just about earmarks, but that is one issue. Rob also refused to sign the ATR pledge not to raise taxes and was lambasted for it by ATR.. People don’t want business as usual politicians in D.C.. Sean Hannity has pushed GOP candidates to vow not to accept earmarks as well.

Woodall people trash Hice for being a minister and for the bill board and for his lack of experience. They ridicule him so please stop being hypocritical about attacks and Rob.

Woodall and his people also point consistently to his years of experience in D.C.. That makes him a D.C insider. I thought he had a home or apartment in D.C and did not have one in the 7th. Is that wrong?

Many voters that support Fair Tax are one issue people as well. does that make them a nut job or does that term just apply to groups that oppose the candidates you think is best? I have been told by several Fair Tax people that Rob has told them if he is not elected, the Fair Tax will basically just wither and not pass. Rob is trying to get elected primarily by using one issue and that is Fair Tax, but that is obviously ok with you.

Provocateur, you are part of the Greg Howard clique, so I really don’t care what your opinion is.

19. Tea Party Man says:

Jody Hice Rob Woodall
    Has lived in the 7th district for Lived outside the 7th dist.
    over 20 years. Spent last 16 years in Wash.
    as a congressional staffer.

Owned home and paid property Only recently bought a home
    taxes in the district for over 20 yrs. in the district.

Married 27 yrs. Two children Single

Pasture of church with large school, Career gov’t employee. Has
    Jody was effectively the CEO of or- No experience in the private
    ganizations with over $2,000,000 sector where one is account-
    annual budgets and over 50 able for productivity and
    employees. successful mangement.

Founded Ten Commandments Ga. Has a commercial interest
    and Let Freedom Ring Ministries to in the Fair Tax, because he
    fight for religious freedom and con- receives royalties from sales
    stitutional rights. Jody has not of the Fair tax- related book
    received income from these groups he co-authored.
    over the years he has given his time
    to them.

20. amor patriae says:

Reposted at the suggestion of franb so this would appear at the bottom:

All you need to know about Jody Hice, you can get from his 10 second sound bites, his billboards, his flyers, and by reading posts from the Voice of the Atlanta Tea Party. There’s no more substance than that.

21. debbie0040 says:

amor patriae/Chuck, I am not all surprised to find you support Rob. I think the results show we made the right decision not to endorse you..

Franb, how is he narrow minded ad please enlighten us on what lies you are referring to? I would rather have a novice representing me in D.C. than someone that has a fondness for some earmarks, D.C. insider, someone that refuses to sign a pledge against higher taxes, and refused to sign a No Pork Pledge.

Barak Obama is very well educated and articulate and look at what that accomplished..

I don’t want Dr. Hice to restore the climate in D.C to what it was under W. There are more voters than the onesin the GOP establishment that support Rob.

It is clear you are upset because I have not been silent in this race. Did I lose my rights to free speech all of a sudden ? I live in the 7th District and I have a right to vocally support my candidate, just like you do…

22. Tea Party Man says:

Compare the Candidates
    Dr. Jody Hice has lived and worked in the 7th district for over 20 years. Minister and nationally syndicated talk show host.
    Rob Woodall was born and raised in Georgia, but outside the 7th District. Has spent the last 16 years working in Washibgton as a congressional staffer.
    Dr. Jody Hice has owned a home and paid taxes in the District for over 20 years. Rob Woodall Only recently bought a home in the district. Previously used his mom’s address in Dekalb County to maintain legal residency in Georgia.
    Dr. Jody Hice : Married for 27 years. Two adult children. First grandchild due soon. Rob Woodall is Single.
    Hice served as Pastor of mid-size church with large Christian school, Jody was effectively the CEO of organizations with over $2,000,000 annual budgets and over 50 employees. Mr. Woodall is a career government employee. Has received approx. $1,000,000 in salary from U S taxpayers in just the last ten years. No ecperience in the private sector where one is accountable for productivity and successful management.
    Dr. Hice founded Ten Commandments Georgia and Let Freedom Ring Ministries to fight for religious freedom and constitutional rights. Jody has not received any income from these groups over the years he has given his time to them.
    Mr. Woodall has a commercial interest in the Fair Tax, because he receives royalties from sales of Fair Tax-related book he co-authored.

• amor patriae says:

As John Linder’s Chief of Staff, Rob managed approximately $1.7 million of OUR money every year and managed it so well that he returned 10% of it to the people every year.

Rob has spent the last 16 years working for the people of the 7th District, not proselytizing from behind a microphone in furtherance of his own self-interests.

Dr. Hice may not have received any income from his nonprofit organizations, but he certainly has found a way to turn the lights on. Exactly how much has he made from his radio show (which he has PLEDGED to continue from Capitol Hill)? While he says he wouldn’t take any salary from the show while he’s serving in Congress, who among us really believes that the show will simply disappear when he’s no longer a Congressman? Don’t you think he’s banking on his broadcast efforts from Capitol Hill holding a financial reward down the road? “I’m not a smart man, but I know” a disingenous misrepresentation of motives when I hear one.

Good on Rob for his co-authorship of the books. Did you know that he took an unpaid leave of absence from his job when he did that? In case you don’t recognize it, that’s what known as CHARACTER and PRINCIPLES.

And what, EXACTLY, does Rob Woodall’s marital status have to do with anything? What are you trying to say without saying it? Is Rob not qualified to represent married people with children because he’s not married with children? Using that kind of wing-nut logic, Dr. Hice is completely unqualified to represent single voters, female voters, black voters, Catholic voters – in fact, anyone who isn’t exactly like him.

Go back to your cave, Tea Party Man.

• c_murrayiii says:

You can read deceitful campaign literature from your preferred candidate, but not facts that shattered your misconceptions in other folks posts on here? That is a strange reading disorder.

Though it doesn’t really matter, since voting is over, I need to address some of Tea Party boy (a MAN wouldn’t attack from the dark of anonymity) and Debbie’s lies and half-truths. First, Rob has a home, right now, in the district. He has also not been in Washington the last16 or 20 years, yes he has been there for certain periods in the last 16 years, but he received a Law degree from UGA in that same period of time, and last I checked, they didn’t offer online law degrees. Also, as a personal witness, he was not in the DC office in the summer of 2004, and I was under the impression at the time he worked full-time, year round out of the district. So unless he was flying from DC to Gwinnett and back everyday, he could not have been a resident of DC at that time.

Also, does Jody really have more ties to GA than Rob? Rob was born here, his parents lived here, he went to school here, and he has served the people of the Metro area for 16 years. Jody hasn’t spent his whole life in GA either, he went away for college and for a Masters following that.

Further, Debbie, you didn’t “step on any toes” with the accusations that Chuck was somehow Rob’s stalking horse. I guess you failed to realize I was mocking you in my statement, because I remember about a month ago you got all in a tizzy on here when someone suggested your tea party only backed Cox because he gave ya’ll 5K, if I remember right you even made a subtle threat to sue for slander. The only toes that seemed to get stepped on in this election were yours. Bribery does look bad, so I can understand why you might have been so defensive. Speaking of Cox, wasn’t he the establishment candidate? And isn’t Jody now, he certainly has the support of more local Republican party leaders than Rob if you go by tea party boy’s list of endorsements. Hmm…so what is it? Are you really anti-establishment or anti-whoever doesn’t sign your pledge or your check?

Also, what is the “establishment”? I’ve never heard of them having meetings. How do I join, assuming I want to? Isn’t the “establishment” really just the mainstream, predominant trend? The place most Republicans feel comfortable? And to your question about falling lock-step in line with the Republican party, honestly, if you aren’t a Republican, you shouldn’t be voting in the Republican primary. This is for us, Republicans, to choose our nominee, then your tea party can make a call, as you have already done in saying that if Rob wins, you won’t support him against Heckman. More power to you, but next time, stay out of our primary if you aren’t going to be a team player. If Hice wins, I will be more than happy seeing him trounce Heckman.

Finally, and this is more for tea party boy, whats with the dirty insinuation that because Rob is single he is somehow inferior to Jody? Where do you get across making such an assumption? You’re the lowest kind of campaign filth. I’ve heard Jody’s campaign has emphasized this point as well, which if thats the case, it is a terrible shame. It makes me question Hice’s character honestly. Even if Hice didn’t create the mailer, he certainly should have enough control on his campaign to stop this trash from coming out.

23. Jane says:

I guess I opened a can of worms. I did not way Jody was bad. He is a really good guy, only that his network in Gwinnett is not as strong as Woodall’s. Gwinnett will decide the race and Woodall will win.

24. amor patriae says:

Once again, Debbie. I’m not Chuck. And you certainly have the right to vocally support your personal choice for Congress. We all engage in that exercise on this site, and NO ONE has EVER suggested you not do so, so put away your paranoia.

What you seem to be incapable of grasping is that you aren’t speaking for YOURSELF these days. One would expect you, with all your political experience, to understand the difference between public figures and private citizens. You consistently speak on behalf of the Atlanta Tea Party and, as you are listed as the National Coordinator of the GA Tea Party Patriots on their website, you speak on their behalf, as well.

Now, if that’s okay with all the tea partiers out there, so be it. But let’s at least be honest ’bout things, shall we? Last time I checked (5 minutes ago), the website for your groups still says , “Tea Party Patriots has not endorsed candidates for public office.” Curiouser and curiouser….

In refusing to sign special-interest group pledges, Rob Woodall has made it clear that his allegiance — his only pledge — is to represent the people of the 7th District. Time and again, he has demonstrated this through his actions, not just his words. And his grasp of the complexities of situations that Dr. Hice glosses over with hyperbole and rhetoric and good old-fashioned b.s. has been made clear over and over and over again.

As recently as the GOP Forum last Monday, Dr. Hice was unable to tell us how — not why, but HOW — he will begin the work of the people of the 7th District on January 3. If you were interviewing for a senior level position, wouldn’t you do at least a little research so that you could present some solid thoughts on how you would approach the job?

Those of us who have taken the time to listen, to ask hard questions of both candidates, and to educate ourselves, know that Rob is the only candidate who will do the right job from day one.

25. franb says:

Is it not great to be in America . We can have these disagreements and there have been no car bombs! I hope that tomorrow AM we can all rally around Mr Woodall or Mr Hice and keep the seat in Rep. hands.

• polisavvy says:

It is great to be in America — one of the few places on earth where you can agree to disagree without retaliation, vote your conscience, and speak your mind. I hope you are right about people rallying around the last man/woman standing. I also hope that, not only in this race, but in several of the other races, people will be able to come together and have some sort of kumbaya moment.

26. debbie0040 says:

c_murrayiii, please show me where I ever said I would not vote for Woodall if he won. I stated over and over again I would vote for him but Atlanta Tea Party would not endorse him. Maybe you should learn to read.

It is principle over party with me and with the tea party movement. I guess you don’t want the tea party there in November either do you?

• c_murrayiii says:

Please, call me Chase. Sorry, I guess I just assumed that when you said your tea party would not support Woodall in the general, that meant you wouldn’t vote for him. I guess I was wrong to equate support with voting. Still, if your going to be the mouthpiece for an organization, don’t be surprised when you get associated with its actions, especially when it appears your the main one making the decisions for the organization and offering unsolicited opinions on its behalf. Still, you don’t address any of my other points, or acknowledge your inaccuracies.

27. debbie0040 says:

I don’t think I was inaccurate.

I said Atlanta Tea party would not endorse Woodall and we won’t. We criticize Dems for supporting earmarks . We can’t very well criticize them and not criticize GOP candidates for supporting earmarks. We will not be further involved in the 7th District race at all leading up to the general. I never said that I would not personally vote for Woodall. I made that clear last week that I would vote for him if he won.

The tea party is not about helping re-build the GOP or elect GOP candidates. We will not endorse a candidate just because they are Republican.

I am not the main one making decisions for Atlanta Tea Party. You are way off base for even saying that and obviously have no clue as to how we work. Unsolicited opinions? Atlanta Tea Party made a unanamious decision to endorse Hice and I had every right to defend that endorsement. If you recall, I did defend the endorsement of Clay Cox . We endorsed 11 candidates and 8 won. Not too shabby.

amor patriae, I don’t believe for a minute that you are not chuck. Tea Party Patriots does not endorse as a national organization. Local tea parties can if they wish

• Scarlett O'Hara says:

Debbie, this is not an attack – but a serious question:

When you say “Atlanta Tea Party made a unanimous decision to endorse…” WHO exactly made the decision? I have thought of myself as a member of the ATP (I even gave $$ when you all were going to DC to fight O’Care). You didn’t ask my opinion. None of the emails that ATP sent out during the primary season solicited opinions or included some sort of vote/poll. If ATP is going to make endorsements it should ONLY do so if it is true that a majority of the membership is behind a candidate. I think the reason you/ATP have come under such harsh criticism (from candidates in many, many races) is because 3 people seem to be pulling all the strings and making all the decisions as to who best espouses the principles of the TP.

28. amor patriae says:

Chase & debbie0040,

I am flattered that there is any interest at all in who I am. But it doesn’t really matter, does it? This forum is about expressing opinions and venting spleens and I really enjoy it.

Believe what you like, debbie0040, but I’m not Chuck. I’m a private citizen with a spouse and kids and dogs and cats and a mortgage and a vested interest in taking care of all of them.