University of Georgia ranked #1 Party School!

It’s official, according to Princeton Review.

I hear that the only thing holding back Georgia Tech was the fact that no one cares about Dance Dance Revolution or World of Warcraft tournaments. Don’t get me wrong, I mean, I know tons of people who would trade body shots off coeds for a lifetime pass to DragonCon. And they all go to Tech. Weird. 30-24.

Go Dawgs!

Added by Buzz:

Dog fans were so overjoyed by the news University (sic) President Coach Adams released this video.

1. BuckheadConservative says:

Score! We were ranked high, but could never get the top spot when I was there. Apparently the Wisconsin students used to throw down. Glad to see the kids these days have stepped their game up

2. Mother Goose says:

Oh, how surprising: here come the obligatory nerd jokes from the UGA fans. So creative and clever!

3. analogkid says:

Question: Can one major in alcoholism at UGA, or is it just a required course like readin, ritin, and rithmetic?

4. ZazaPachulia says:

Yeah, being named “top party school” is really something to brag about…
    UGA is a disgusting place — especially about 4 hours after a home game.

I went out of state to college (and graduated). In fact, I went to college in the state of Maryland. And I’m a male. And I have a real resume. Come to think of it, I’m pretty much the opposite of a certain candidate for governor…

• DoubleDawg3 says:

Agreed Jason, those kids were GA Tech saboteur’s!

All of you non-alumni can diss UGA all you want, but the fact remains – the academics get better and better year after year, the curriculum grows more diverse year after year, the athletics are always strong, the campus has never been more beautiful, the girls are always beautiful, and it’s THE institution for training the future leaders of our state government (okay, so maybe the last one is a knock). I spent 7 years there (no, I’m not Van Wilder – undergrad & law school) and I can’t even begin to think about all the great memories I had there. GA Tech is a wonderful school, full of extremely talented and intelligent people, as are several other schools in our state, but none of them are UGA.

• “the academics get better and better year after year”

I would hope so! I hear the academics get better year after year in Clayton County as well. That’s not saying much.

“GA Tech is a wonderful school, full of extremely talented and intelligent people, as are several other schools in our state, but none of them are UGA.”

Thankfully. 🙂 When UGA starts showing up at the top of more academic lists, let me know. I’ll certainly give them credit where credit is due… they have an awesome veterinary school and equine program. Their agriculture programs are top notch. I still wouldn’t recommend it for someone majoring in business or engineering.

• DoubleDawg3 says:

Allright, you’ve forced me to be detailed – let’s compare:

Per GA Tech’s Office of Undergrad Admissions 2009 Freshman Class Profile, the GA Tech stats are:

Mid 50% GPA – 3.67-4.04
          Mid 50% SAT – 1310-1470 (CR/M only)

Per UGA’s Admissions Office, their class of 2010 (more recent than what I found for Tech) stats are:

Mid 50% GPA – 3.72-4.03
          Mid 50% SAT – 1220-1400

GPA’s are basically the same, SAT is a little higher at Tech, but remember that UGA pulls in students from rural/inner city backgrounds, as the State’s “flagship university” which GA Tech doesn’t. Those students add to the culture at UGA, but likely bring the SAT/GPA down a little.

One really impressive stat that obviously favors UGA over GA Tech – # of Rhodes, Goldwater and Truman scholarships.

GA Tech has had 3 Rhodes Scholars in it’s entire history…UGA has had 21 overall and 6 since 1996.

Tech’s obviously got it’s strong points (no denying the math/science superiority), but so does UGA. Both good schools – but only one of them is uniquely “Georgia” – representative of our entire state, which is part of what makes it so great.

• polisavvy says:

Very well written post. I couldn’t agree with you more. Both schools have their strengths and weaknesses. We should be very proud of both institutions.

5. Glen Ross says:

Holy hell, Buzz. If that were a video from my election night victory party, I would NOT post that.

6. GaConservative23 says:

Athens on a Fall Saturday is perhaps one of the greatest places on earth.

At least from what I can remember…