Maurice Atkinson changes his endorsement, now supports Deal

For those of you who aren’t familiar with Maurice, he has been a long-time commenter on Peach Pundit and is one of the more level-headed folks on the blog. What I didn’t know about him, is that he was once the Chairman of the Bibb County GOP and is allegedly a “prominant Republican” (congrats). As most of us on here can vouch for, Maurice was one of the earliest and most vocal Karen Handel supporters.

Needless to say, I was a bit surprised when I read this.

Mr. Atkinson’s sentiments mirror my own in regards to Handel’s campaign. I know it’s “just bidness” as usual in politics. And I know that some of you consider politics to be tantamount to actual war. But there was a time in the campaign when Karen Handel had the high road, was a reasonable candidate, and could attract voters who typically wouldn’t vote for the Republican nominee. She lost me when she jumped into the “I hate gay people more than you” contest. She lost a lot of other folks with her incessant need to always play the victim card. And, if she continues down the low road, she’s going to lose more level-headed folks like Maurice–and in the end, the runoff.

1. Tireless says:

Handel is much like Obama. If you ignore her past, you will suffer the consequences. She has a long history of being a nasty, foul mouthed manager. The stories about her verbally abusing staffers are true. She has run a campaign claiming everbody in the republican party is a crook, a cheater, a schmuck. Now she wants all of the people that supported those other candidates to forget her vile attacks and simply vote for her since: 1) she isn’t Barnes; and, 2) she is a woman. I will not support this lady. She will be a disaster for the GA republican party…..what am I talking about, she already is a disaster. Barnes will shred her in a debate and run to the right of Handel. I hope the Handel tools enjoy their short lived victory. They can put their Handel bumper stickers next to the faded McCain stickers they proudly display.

• zigmaster says:

District 18 State Senator Cecil Staton (via facebook):

“Palin knows the best choice to become the Republican nominee and defeat Roy Barnes. Handel is a true conservative leader according to Palin and I couldn’t agree more.”

Lost my lunch when I saw that post.

2. debbie0040 says:

Obviously Maurice has a double standard. He did not mind when Cagle did the same thing to Ralph Reed in 2006 and much worse. Now he minds….

• debbie0040 says:

Prove it is not true about Nathan Deal. Same logic applies.

It is very hypocritical to blast Karen for negative campaigning when you condoned it when the Cagle campaign used it against Ralph Reed.

3. Jas says:

Is there anything more douchetastic than to send a press release on personal letterhead? Ha.

Also proofreading is your friend

4. B Balz says:

Mr. Atkinson came out mean, strong, and hard against Army Ranger Hall of Famer, veteran, and Ivy League Rep. Jim Marshall. Now I know that a Blue Dog Dem like Rep. Marshall seems an easy target for a GOP seat, but attributing ‘vox raison’ to Mr. Atkinson isn’t quite accurate either.

In my opinion, a more meaningful and credible approach would be to simply state support for Rep. Deal, without any hoopla. The act speaks for itself.

• Jace Walden says:

Agreed. But I did think it was interesting that now even “prominant Republicans” are starting to become disenchanted with Handel for the same reason independents and kooky libertarians like myself did.

• B Balz says:

You served our Nation in battle, you get a big fat ‘kooky’ pass from me, Jace. When Sen. Eric Johnson makes an endorsement for Rep. Deal, your observation shall be completed.

• Ron Daniels says:

“Do we want a respected public servant who has lived a life marked with esteem or are we going for door number two, a political neophyte we really don’t know much about, who touts a resume that is incredibly suspect, but can say great buzz words. For me, I’m supporting a real patriot, Congressman Nathan Deal.”

I’ve yet to figure out how these negative ads from Handel made anyone come to that realization.

Granted, I’m to the point where I’m not voting for anyone.

• B Balz says:

I usually do not cross post, but these comments are relevant in both threads:

B Balz August 2, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Let’s go with facts:

Early in the debate, Ms. Handel states that she fully supports the good work being done at the Shepard Center and CDC. Yet, further on in the debate, Ms. Handel states, unequivocally, that she doesn’t support embryonic stem cell research.

Some of the leading edge work in repairing damaged spinal cords is being done using BOTH adult and embryonic stems cells at these very same institutions!

“Shepherd Center is one of the rehabilitation centers that have partnered with the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as part of the NeuroRecovery Network.”

While in Congress, Rep. Deal has busied himself in Committee with Rep. Burgess (http://burgess.house.gov/Issues/Issue/?IssueID=242) on many complex and important healthcare issues.

Ms. Handel picked up a few buzzwords somewhere along the line, don’t be fooled.

If you are against ESC fine, but at least know Ms. Handel’s pant suit is on fire on this point.

• Bucky Plyler says:

BBalz has been listening…..this is what folks in my camp have been saying all along..thanks for bringing it up.

• Doug Grammer says:

Icarus,

That was one individual from GRTL who said something close to that and apologized. Congressman Deal said he wouldn’t have said it and condemned the statement. It looks as if you are either trying to play the victim card on behalf of Sec. Handel or spinning to make Congressman Deal look bad. Which is it?

I think we are clear on Sec. Handel’s stance on being pro-life. She has three exceptions, and that’s it.

• Capt. Jack Sparrow says:

Finally. Now go back and tell Nathan Steal to spend an equal amount as he spent lying about Karen’s pro-life record apologizing.

Remember the primary ad? Or should I call the primary the “ok to go negative calendar phase” as disgraced ex-congressman Nathan Steal sees it?

• Doug Grammer says:

Wannabe pirate,

If you’re going to say something, produce the link that shows Congressmen Deal lied. It’s more effective that way. If you can’t, you can spend time apologizing to the readers of Peach pundit.

• Ann Walker says:

Do the words of fans count?

If so, what is Karen Handel’s reaction to Erick Erickson’s numerous sexist comments?

Does Karen Handel think that feminists like me are “too ugly to get a date” and should “return to [our] kitchens”?

• Ann Walker says:

If the words of fans count, I think Karen has A LOT of explaining to do for the comments I have read on this website.

• Lady Thinker says:

No, Karen doesn’t think feminists should return to our kitchens or that we are too ugly to get a date. I’m a feminist and don’t have that problem, nor I bet, do you.

I don’t think Karen is a feminist per se, she just sees that Georgia has many great attributes and she wants to solve some of the problems and bring us out of many of the problems Georgia has.

• B Balz says:

Thank you, Mr. Plyer, I listen for a living. As well, I know two people can hear the exact same thing and interpret it differently.

Did you ever read my lengthy post to you a week or so back? I sincerely did appreciate your thoughtful and heartfelt words, if you did not read my response.

• Hi B Balz,

I’ll confess that on Jim Marshall, Maurice is a pussycat compared to me. 🙂

Congressman Marshall’s positions and failure to publicly support conservative positions simply isn’t representative of our district.

I don’t know if Marshall is a blue dog or not, but when Nancy says, “Heel” . . .

• B Balz says:

Fair enough, Ken. It is your District and I will assume you have ‘smartvote’ checked that Rep. Marshall is indeed voting against meaningful Bills that would best represent the sentiments of folks living there.

In other words, I further assume most voters are not buying into the argument that “Marshall voted XX% of the time with Pelosi” knowing that math is flawed.

I thought I read that you felt the ‘base is not energized on the gubernatorial runoff”. D’ya think that is because it is between a N. GA boy and an Atlanta lady? Curious.

Stay cool, M.

• Hi B Balz,

Marshall’s timing on his “good” votes is pretty suspect. I can personally testify that 2 hours before the cap and trade bill that Marshall’s staff could not say how he was going to vote.

I don’t think it’s geography in the Gov race. It’s the negatives.

*sigh*

Take care, my friend.

• polisavvy says:

Perhaps Austin Scott can help you alleviate your feelings of Mr. Marshall by unseating him.

5. GAOTPC says:

Rumor has it that Maurice Atkinson did absolutely nothing for Karen’s campaign while he was a “coordinator.” If anyone has been to Bibb County lately it is covered in Karen signs (and she won by 2,184 votes). Others have been doing all the work! Let’s give the credit where it is deserved 🙂

• debbie0040 says:

I disagree with Maurice on blasting the Handel campaign, but he is a hard worker and I do respect him.

Guys, gals, we all have to learn not to take it personally when others don’t support the same candidates we do. We are all passionate.

My hubby is Georgia fan and I am one of those fantatical Alabama fans. We may not be on the same page during college football season, but we are still family. Heck, my hubby even wears an Alabama shirt to the Bama games.

We can not lose sight of the fact that either Gov. Handel or Gov. Deal would do a much better job than Gov. Barnes. It is imperative we hold on to the Governor’s mansion. We have to face re-districting and need a conservative in the Governor’s mansion that will not gerry mander per the wishes of Pres. Obama..

• Jace Walden says:

My hubby is Georgia fan[…]

Heck, my hubby even wears an Alabama shirt to the Bama games.

Does…not…compute.

Debbie,

Please direct your husband to me, and I will ensure that he is sent to a re-education camp as soon as possible.

Go Dawgs!

• polisavvy says:

Would you please give me the definition of “big-boy pants” or, for that matter, “big-girl pants?” And why, pray tell, would anyone say it?

• polisavvy says:

You are so funny B Balz. I want to have it explained to me. I wasn’t conducting a survey. I’m glad you know the definition — would you please share it with me (and don’t write back just “yes”)? I’d like a definition. K. Thanks!

• B Balz says:

I dunno, honestly.

It is a simply derogatory and foolish statement beneath what anyone who is seriously running for higher office would say, IMHO.

• polisavvy says:

I’m not running for office and wouldn’t say it. It sounds terribly childish, in my opinion.

• polisavvy says:

You are correct, B Balz. Even if you don’t respect the person, you should respect the position(s) that he held. I’m not a fan of Obama, but I would never be disrespectful of him because he is the President, a position of highest respect.

• debbie0040 says:

He says that Alabama fans know how to party :)!! Hey, I would wear a Georgia shirt if we went to Georgia games. We usually go to Bama games because he says we have more fun… I do pull for Georgia and SEC teams when they don’t play Bama….

I can not wait until August 10th is over and also until college football season begins….

No matter what happens on August 10, we have to work toward November. Atlanta Tea Party has an “Adopt a District” program. We are asking people in “safe” Democrat or “safe” GOP districts to volunteer to help out in the three Congressional Districts we have targeted – Marshall, Barrow and Bishop. We should also work in our home districts but also help out in those three districts… We have to fight smart..

• polisavvy says:

Great post, debbie. It’s true about either being better than Barnes. As far as redistricting goes, well, something really needs to be done. My district goes from Covington to Moultrie. That’s a little extreme and was done by Barnes.

Sorry about your house divided (Georgia and Alabama). I’m sure you gave him heck a couple of years ago, didn’t you? LOL!! 🙂

• Dave Bearse says:

I regret bursting your bubble, but your current “extreme” district extending from Covington to Moultrie was a GOP creation for the 2006 elections. Barnes had absolutely osunothing to do with it. (Not that the 2002-2004 districts were any better—indeed they were much worse.)

• polisavvy says:

I did not know that, Dave. Thanks for the information. And, you are correct, it wasn’t any better prior to ’06.

• GOPwits says:

Just because you have a title, doesn’t mean you’re an actual leader. All of the hard work in Bibb County can be attributed to a few people, and I can assure you that Maurice wasn’t one of them. I’m pretty sure he disengaged from the campaign nearly 6-7 months ago.

Plus, he’s been slamming Karen over every made up lie and rumor on his Facebook page for the past two days. It’s really sad. He claims to be friends with the Handel’s, yet participates in lies, rumors, and gossip about her? That’s some friend. It is one thing to disagree on principle and stand on it, it is quite another to spread lies and trash someone who is supposedly a friend.

6. bowersville says:

A partial quote from Jace Walden.

“….if she continues down the low road,she’s going to lose more level headed folks…”

I won’t go so far as to predict the winner of the primary like Jace, however a house divided will not stand in the general.

7. I don’t think Atkinson will directly change anybody’s mind, but it’s indicative of the conclusions more people are coming away with about Sec. Handel as they learn more about her temperament & background.

Fortunately for Handel, there isn’t much time until the run-off, so she’s still benefiting from the Palin bounce, and there isn’t much time for folks to learn more about her.

She could still win the run-off, but certainly the Deal folks are hoping that Handel peaked when she won the first round of voting. That coupled with turning out the social conservatives could spell a narrow victory for Deal on election night.

• fultonrighty says:

You know, 32% of the vote is not so great. That means over 2/3 of us voted for more conservative candidates than her. We just have to get out the social conservatives again–we were divided up among the others, but said no to Ms. Big Boy Pants.

• B Balz says:

Even with zigs concerns, this comment speaks to Sen. Erick Johnson’s endorsement of Rep. Nathan Deal. Even without the endorsement, I believe most folks will agree with ‘fultonrighty’.

• Those of us who know Maurice respect him. I believe he will have some influence on some people, but knowing Maurice, I believe he was trying to set the record straight as much as anything.

This must have been a difficult decision for him to make.

Someone told me last week that they wished they knew more about Deal and Handel. My response: “I wish I knew less.”

There is a lack of enthusiasm here and whoever the eventual nominee is needs to get out the base. Barnes will be hard to beat, but I sure don’t want him influencing the new congressional district lines.

8. debbie0040 says:

American Delight, I know social conservatives that are strong in their support of both candidates.

9. Sandy Brothers says:

Maurice is a discredited local activist who has lost two political races and election as the party chair for Bibb. He continues to operate a website that looks as though it is the official website of the Bibb County Republican Party, but with a small disclaimer which can be easily overlooked.

It is unfortunate that he has done this as it discredits him even further with people who otherwise respect Maurice. And this Handel bashing has gone a bit too far. Why is it Republicans always seem to do this. It is all very sad really.

Karen Handel will win this race. Maurice has no significant influence and now even less.

• Attacking Maurice won’t exactly build up your credibility or help Ms. Handel.

As for the “bashing”, how is this different than what you stated about Maurice?

I’m endorsing neither candidate publicly, but you are right about one thing. “Bashing” each other does not help – but I believe that includes fellow activists, as well.

• Doug Grammer says:

Sandy,

Why are you attacking Maurice NOW? Why weren’t you saying how bad he was when he backed someone else?

• ReaganRepublican says:

Whatever Steve, we will see won’t we. How do you all pay for that big house with no one working in your household?

10. zigmaster says:

Seems that the best and brightest conservative women in Georgia are supporting Deal. Not sure if Palin had a chance to speak with some of these ladies. I’m sure the Handelistas will be on to trash each of them personally as they’ve done with everyone else who’s rejected Handel.

“Sklar, a columnist who served as Fulton County co-chair for Eric Johnson’s bid for the GOP nomination, said she and other conservative women must set aside gender politics and choose the best candidate.

“I now face a choice,” she said. “It’s an easy one for me, though. I and other conservative women have come under pressure to view this runoff in terms of identity. I choose my candidates based on ideas, not on identity. Even though I’m a woman from Karen Handel’s home county, I’ll be voting for Nathan Deal.”

Asked after the news conference to expand on the idea of “pressure” to vote for a woman, Sklar likened it to what she felt was the message of the 2008 presidential race. Voters were urged to vote for Obama, she said, because of the historic nature of his bid to become the first black president. Handel’s campaign, she said, was pushing a similar vein: Vote for her and make history by electing the first woman governor.”

11. TPNoGa says:

Hmmmm. Let’s see. Should I listen to someone I have never heard of who switched sides, or should I listen to the former VP nominee of my party? I guess I’ll stick with Governor Palin and continue to support Handel over the corrupt Wasington insider who voted for bloated budget after bloated budget.

Now, back to the beach. Why do I come on here? It’s like crack.

• ZazaPachulia says:

yeah, bad move on your part… Coming to PP at the beach that is…

Handel is still Handel… Deal is still Deal… We’re still noisy in the comments threads — crafting mountains out of molehills, teasing leaks from imaginary binders, running around in blinders and snapping at each other with a witless vitriol that makes the Robespierre of Macon feel all warm and gooey inside.

And I’m still fed up with the Ga GOP and ready to vote Barnes and Porter in the fall. (I’m still voting Republican in the Attorney General race, among others, but if the Ox acolytes Echols and Sheffield survive the runoff, I’m going to have to add two more Democrats to my ballot… this really has turned into a lousy year)

12. fultonrighty says:

A friend just reminded me that if Handel wins the nomination the top of our ticket will be two fairly young candidates who have not completed college. (The older you are the more i think you can get away with that. ) Can’t wait for the Dems to seize that “high ground.” Education isn’t everything, but it is something in a big state with an almost $18 billion budget and the dropout rate we have going. Ugh

13. Monica says:

This might be the dumbest “unedorsement” I’ve ever heard of. Deal is a crook, I don’t care if he was in military, he is a corrupted politician, he was proven guilty by the Congressional Ethics Commission and literally quit a day before the findings of the commission were to be made public to escaped their jurisdiction. He has used his position to get rich. Period. So I’m choosing between a girl who didn’t finish college and a guy who’s corrupted and guilty of money laundering. Gee, what a difficult choice indeed. No way I would cast a vote for Deal, I mean, I would not be able to do that physically. And that whole thing that Karen “is always right and everybody else is wrong” – that’s a complaint against her? Isn’t that what campaigning for office implies??? She’s supposed to campaign by telling people that her opponents are right and she’s wrong? Seriously, the dumbest piece of literature I read in a long time…

• B Balz says:

If anyone still doubts the recent traction Rep. Deal’s ethics case got from the US Attorney’s office is coincidence, this may be a contributing factor:

“[Deal] …At the forefront of the battle to kill ObamaCare….”

• Romegaguy says:

“[Deal] …At the forefront of the battle to kill ObamaCare….” just because Deal says it on a website, doesnt make it true.

And speaking of Ethics problems, didnt Deal’s campaign manager/chief of staff have some ethical problems not too long ago and was fined? Birds of a feather…

• B Balz says:

And just because a voice on a blog disputes: “[Deal] …At the forefront of the battle to kill ObamaCare….” does NOT make it false.

Rep. Deal and Dr. Burgess, a fellow conservative authored at least four Bills that I know of to offer many of the same benefits the new HC Bill shares, without all the Federal overhead.

• Ann Walker says:

Nathan Deal was elected by his peers to be the Ranking Member (lead Republican) of the Subcommittee on Health.

Ranking Member of Subcommittee on Health = “at the forefront of the battle to kill ObamaCare.”

Do you understand how committee jurisdictions work?

• B Balz says:

Ms. Walker:

You are new around here, so I share with you that facts, though stubborn, are clearly ignored by some. In Peachspeak, “If you say a thing loudly and often enough it magically becomes true.”

Welcome Home!

• Doug Grammer says:

Did anyone else quit their job to run for Governor? Congressman Deal may have had some yo yo in his step, but he managed to vote against Obamacare and then come back to Georgia and got enough votes to make the run off. As close as he and Sen. Johnson were in votes, had he not left congress, there is no doubt he would not be in the run off.

I think it’s sad they way you mock his service.

14. SouthGAConservative says:

Is it just me or is this runoff like choosing between “worse” and “worser”.

Both are going to struggle against Barnes in the general. Barnes is pro and an excellent fundraiser. Handel has all this negative rolling around lately, struggled before in fundraising, and generally doesn’t come off well in TV debates. Deal would be better head-to-head with Barnes but has all the negative ethics issues.

Too bad we couldn’t have EJ, still the best candidate for the job. And also, I wouldn’t be surprised if the only endorsement we see from him is for the GOP nominee on Aug. 11th.

Consider me a member of the disenchanted voters club.

15. GOPwits says:

The folks supporting Deal and touting him as this “moral” leader have totally confounded me.

Deal became a millionaire off a program through the State of Georgia that inspects salvaged cars. He was investigated by the Ethics Committee and had to resign from office so they wouldn’t launch a full investigation into him. Had he stayed in Congress, right now, Charlie Rangel, Maxine Waters, and Nathan Deal would be the most detestable people in public service – but Nathan resigned.

Seriously, how anyone call themselves a conservative and support someone who so self enriched their self as Nathan Deal did.

• Provocateur says:

He was investigated by OCE. OCE was formed by Nancy Pelosi and is just a house “hit-squad” for Pelosi enemies. It has no authority.

• Doug Grammer says:

I disagree. I think Rangle and Waters were too high profile to be ignored. They were sacrificed, but I am not so sure they were token. Kerry might be next on the Senate side.

• GOPwits says:

Seriously? You do realize that the Co-Chairman of the BIPARTISAN OCE is former Republican Congressman and CIA Director Porter Goss? He was appointed by Republican Leader John Boehner.

As well, you do realize there are 3 Republicans and 3 Democrats and they voted 6-0 to refer Nathan Deal to the Ethics Committee for investigation at the same time they referred Charlie Rangel and Maxine Waters.

• Doug Grammer says:

Yes I realize most of that. I said Rangle and Waters were too high profile. They are known names, nationwide.

Please provide the link(s) to show that Congressman Rangel, Congresswoman Waters, and Congressman Deal were all referred to the Ethic Committee at the same time. That doesn’t seem likely to me, and once again, I think you are making stuff up as you go along.

• GOPwits says:

Dumb Dumb stop fronting for Deal. There are no made up facts. Check them out yourself you lazy POS.

Rangel, Waters, and Deal were all referred to OCE around the same time… We know what is happening to them, and soon as the Grand Jury is done, we’ll know what happens to Deal…

• B Balz says:

THAT’S ENOUGH!!!!!!!

I am astounded that the proprietor(s) allow you to call another contributor these names. Somebody needs to call you out. I am that somebody. We all know newcomers like you will begone either on August 11 or no later than November 3. Try not to make us suffer your short term lowbrow rudeness.

Mr. Grammer, who is able to post under his own name deserves some respect. I have gone toe-to-toe with Mr. Grammer , on matters weightier than this election and have never reduced the discussion to your sewer-like view.

Nobody likes reading filthy, two-bit, street trashy-trash-trash. Ergo, thanks for trashing PeachPundit, all of us.

If this is truly Georgia’s premiere pol blog, then how we discuss matters ought to differentiate us from pedestrian forums. Otherwise, the whole premise that PP is useful is lost. Yeah, I feel that strongly about it.

DO BETTER!!!

• Doug Grammer says:

Congressman Deal’s referral from the OCE was March 26, 2010.

Congresswoman Waters was referred on August 6, 2009. Congressman Rangel was referred on June 8, 2009.

Facts are stubborn things. I’d think you’d get tired of being proven wrong and full of BS. Now who is too lazy to do their homework before they post? GOP lack of wits?

• Ann Walker says:

The Committee on Standards of Official Conduct are investigating Rangel and Waters. That’s a HUGE difference.

• Ann Walker says:

The Committee on Standards of Official Conduct never opened an investigation into Mr. Deal, and if you look into how long it takes CSOC to start an investigation after meritorious allegations, you see they have a very quick turn around. They had the CREW complaint on Deal for seven months and never did anything with it.

• polisavvy says:

Do you mean the “drain the swamp” squad? LOL!! 🙂 I wonder how that’s going to play into the elections in November?

• Doug Grammer says:

Who is this guy and what campaigns has he worked on? I don’t remember meeting him before. I could have, but I just don’t recall.

• ACCmoderate says:

Worst. Speaker. Ever.

Is he trying to do an Obama impression. If so, its not working. He just sounds like a goober.

16. Doug Deal says:

Before any of you start congratulating Maurice on being “level-headed”, you should talk to County Commissioner Joe Allen and anyone who was with Maurice in his campaign to unseat him.

When Maurice gets mad or upset with anyone, he goes so far off the deap end, it is not even funny. I was with him on his failed election night and instead of being gracious in defeat, the only thing he could think about was how he was going to get Joe. In fact, much of his life seems to be about “getting” people who have “wronged” him. I am sure I am on that list now, and the fact is, it is a very large list.

For Maurice to switch sides in any conflict, just leave him out of the loop for a couple weeks and hurt his ego. Sadly, I still consider him a friend, but I am tired of the made for blog drama he has gotten himself into, for silly and grossly exagerated reasons.

17. Kellie says:

I am curious as to why he supported Handel so strongly knowing everything that he now points out as faults; her education and her past positions.

18. Capt. Jack Sparrow says:

Just saw Nathan Steal’s new attack ad. More gutter politics. I’m just waiting on the righteous and high & mighty Maurice Atkinson to critize the Deal campaign and announce he is throwing his support behind either Barnes or the Libertarian!!! 🙂

Better not hold my breath.

• Provocateur says:

Oh, c’mon, try. 5 minutes, that’s all. Duct tape over your mouth and nostrils. You can do it. Just 5 minutes a day. You’ll lose lots of weight and get real popular.

• Doug Grammer says:

In this case it was for making sure the duct tape didn’t come off of wannabe pirates mouth.

My chains are for hauling things in my truck and my handcuffs are left over from when I used to use them on people who broke the law. I actually chased a lawbreaker last month, but the deputy and I didn’t catch them. Long story and getting off topic.