Really? Aren’t there more important things to do?

We interrupt coverage of Deal v. Handel to bring you this bit of ridiculousness.

A pastor is collecting signatures on a petition to have Warner Robins High School get rid of its mascot — a demon.

I bet he didn’t go to Wake Forest.

1. ACCmoderate says:

Is it because “Demon” is racially insensitive?

Let’s sort out the Redskins, Indians, and Braves before we jump into the supernatural.

2. Actually, my last post should have said “demons”, not “devils”. On that note though, would Warner Robins High School be open to changing their masot from the “demons” to be the “devils” instead? Would that satisfy the preacher? 😛

3. bartsimpsonisdaman says:

Mr. Erickson, deflect the issue at hand by informing the little people that there are strange life forms in central Georgia.

We will continue to focus on the big issue at hand. All I wanna do is ride around Sally, ride Sally ride.

August 11 will be enlightening. You’ll learn the ropes on how to succeed on just a meager high school diploma. Want a job as an “Executive” with a major international accounting firm? ;). We’ll show you how.

Mustang Sally will show you how.

• Ambernappe says:

I am really surprised that the moderator has not caught on yet to your “knotting” threads. Time out is called for.

My son-in-law was co-captain of WR Demons when they were a national high school All-American team, and the stadium is named for his grandfather and another supporter of Warner Robins athletics. This has absolutely nothing to do with political campaigning.

• Lady Thinker says:

Ambernappe,

On behalf of Polisavvy, you, and me, I asked the moderators to put a stop to the degrading sexual innuendos but since all the moderators are men, I don’t believe they see or understand what is going on under their nose and how insulting and offensive it is to us females. By not saying anything, the moderators are giving their approval of this sexual crap being posted here. Since I have met a couple of them, I guess my first impression isn’t as good as I thought it was.

• polisavvy says:

I know, right? It got old with me after the first ten times. Now there is no telling how many times it’s been uttered by bart. What really bothers me about the “Ride Sally” stuff is when I see that a woman is using it. That really does annoy the heck out of me and diminishes me more as a woman than bart saying it.

A woman to post something like that diminishes me more as a woman than bart does.

• bartsimpsonisdaman says:

Ambernappe, why the mean thoughts? Don’t you want to learn how to become a bigshot and fasttrack over all those CPAs to become an EXECUTIVE ;)?

Oh the joys of busting up your republican orgy of corruption!

When faced with the pending truth, shoot the messenger. What are going to do when you have to reconcile all the facts?

Vote Barnes! Chacha chang…. All I wanna do is ride around Sally, ride Sally ride!!! AUGUST 11.

4. Buzzfan says:

Reminds me of the anti-gay minister who tried to start a boycott of St Jude’s Research Hospital when he found out Danny Thomas was Lebanese. 😉

5. DeacfromGA says:

Go Deacs!

Absolute crazy talk.

Now Blue Devils and Tar Heels, those are offensive names….

6. slyram says:

Let’s not forget the Tift County Blue Devils. Georgia Tech will have a freshman Running Back name Tony Zenon this year from Deerfield-Windsor in Albany. The kid is as smart as a whip and lightning quick; he came to Albany from Louisiana during Katrina. What if he enrolled in Monroe High School? Could he have stood being a Monroe Tornado? What about the Fitzgerald Purple Hurricanes?

My high school played Turner County in the 80s when the Confederate Rebel was still there mascot but folks over there were like who’s cares…just play ball.

In D.C., the Native American tribes would protest outside the Redskins games and ask us how we would feel if the team was the Washington Blackskins. The basketball team changed from the Bullets for obvious reasons; I am Senators for the new name but Wizards was selected and the Klan connection talk started. Whatever, play ball.

• polisavvy says:

Good post, slyram. I totally agree with you — just play ball! This is so silly and such a waste of time.

7. MSBassSinger says:

Of course, if the preacher were to campaign for a candidate, then his church would lose their tax exempt status. And there are those who would howl about church-state separation, even though a preacher (John Witherspoon) was one of the signers of the Declaration.

I am not sure why he isn’t focused on helping his congregation fulfill the Great Commission, but since I haven’t heard his side, it isn’t my place to judge.

With all the looniness the left gives us, this doesn’t even register on the loonometer.