Sam Olens Announces New Endorsements For Attorney General Runoff

July 23, 2010 23:26 pm

by Icarus · 8 comments

From a press release:

Cobb County/July 23, 2010 – Sam Olens for Attorney General has received new endorsements from new legislators, sheriffs and conservative lawyers.

Conservative lawyer Frank C. Jones, of Jones, Cork & Miller of Macon
endorsed today. Jones is the Governor’s lead counsel for the ObamaCare litigation. Other conservative attorneys joining the campaign today are Jason Alloy, Robins Law LLC, Atlanta; Keith Blackwell, Parker, Hudson, Rainer & Dobbs, Atlanta; and Steve Dillard, Jason, Bates, Pope & Spivey of Macon.

Additionally, the following elected officials endorsed today:
State Senator Seth Harp, Columbus State Representative Larry O’Neal, Chairman, Ways and Means Committee, Warner Robins State Representative Penny Houston, Nashville Sheriff Steve Cronic, Hall County Sheriff Scott Berry, Oconee County Bibb County Commissioner Elmo Richardson, Jr. Chatsworth Mayor Tyson Haynes Republican nominee for House District 176 Jason Shaw, Lakeland

“I’m very grateful for the continued endorsements as we take our momentum from the primary through the runoff,” said Olens.

Sam Olens has been endorsed by 170 statewide elected officials. To see a full list, visit www.olensforag.com

Bugs Dooley July 24, 2010 at 7:09 am

My, isn’t Sen. Seth Harp the busy little endorser these days? Maria Sheffield yesterday and now Sam Olens today.
He’s a good man and I hope he stays involved in politics even though he lost his race. From his recent actions, I’d say we can pretty much count on it.

Romegaguy July 25, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Has Bill Clinton endorsed Olens yet?

Doug Grammer July 25, 2010 at 7:56 pm

No, but he’s coming to endorse Congressman Hank Johnson if he can keep his balance and not tip over.

If you can bring it up in two threads, I can reply in two threads.

Romegaguy July 26, 2010 at 9:43 am

You dont think Clinton wants to help out someone that helped his successful run for President?

Doug Grammer July 26, 2010 at 11:19 am

No, because things change over 18 years. Congressman Deal also voted to impeach President Clinton.

Romegaguy July 26, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Thought this thread was about Olens and not Deal

Doug Grammer July 26, 2010 at 6:44 pm

I got lost in which thread/post I was responding to. Nevermind.

Melb July 26, 2010 at 10:23 am

I think that Olens is going to lose. I see Preston Smith getting Max Wood supporters. Plus, Preston Smith has the better name.

There are going to be more conservatives coming to the polls for the Governor’s runoff and Smith seems like he will benefit from that as long as he puts himself out there.

Also, the Clinton thing is a bit old. I know he has the NJ thing – which could work, but…idk. Isn’t there any other difference between the two?

Personally, I think this is one of the Democrats best chance to win. I know I was nervous about Max Wood winning because of his experience and military background – we would have been DOA. BUT that did not happen!! And now we got two candidates with no experience, 1 is a little odd looking, and the other is a little dim. Thank you Republicans, but just this once :)

Comments on this entry are closed.